Coaching search… | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Coaching search…

Reaction Score
Now, we can move on from this thread to a new one, Assistant Coach Search.

I bet we already know who the offensive and defensive coordinator will be and I am fine with that. Continuity is generally a good thing. Many talked about Mazzone potentially being the head coach, this is a heck of a lot better.

Reaction Score
I bet we already know who the offensive and defensive coordinator will be and I am fine with that. Continuity is generally a good thing. Many talked about Mazzone potentially being the head coach, this is a heck of a lot better.
I'm totally fine if it's Spanos back as DC and Mazzone in as OC... now we need a real QB and RB coach

Reaction Score
Don't mean to sound harsh about position coaches. Much much respect to those guys as men, husband's, fathers.... It's just that we need experienced guys in those spots.

Reaction Score
So can you show some pictures of the actual differences or at least state them specifically? That would be more persuasive then repeatedly posting “I was there, they’re better.” Specifically, what are you claiming that they have that Connecticut lacks?

It’s a $92 million dollar project with 2 outdoor football fields, an indoor field, barbershop, recording studio, flight simulator and everything else. It’s being completed next year. I believe fsu is in process building a new facility also. All these p5 schools are doing this from their tv money. UConn has great facilities but they are not in the same stratosphere as these new things being built. All the extra useless amenities that are added to appeal to recruits and set them apart

It’s not the same just accept it and that’s not a slight to the beautiful facilities at UConn. UConn will never have the money to do this unless they are in one of those conferences

Reaction Score

It’s a $92 million dollar project with 2 outdoor football fields, an indoor field, barbershop, recording studio, flight simulator and everything else. It’s being completed next year. I believe fsu is in process building a new facility also. All these p5 schools are doing this from their tv money. UConn has great facilities but they are not in the same stratosphere as these new things being built. All the extra useless amenities that are added to appeal to recruits and set them apart

It’s not the same just accept it and that’s not a slight to the beautiful facilities at UConn. UConn will never have the money to do this unless they are in one of those conferences
This actual footage. Not a rendering. Looks to be in the same “stratosphere”. ‍♂️

Reaction Score
You’re right someone who works all over the world in this industry is clueless. I apologize

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I don’t think it’s a newsflash that our 15 year old facilities are not better than the very best of the new facilities, being built currently. But, clearly, they are outstanding and comparable or better than the majority of P5 facilities. If we are losing top-flight recruits to Auburn it probably not because we don’t have a barbershop and flight simulator at Burton.

So I go back to my original post in this exchange:
Could not disagree more on your evaluation of the attractiveness of this job. Just because we suck now, and we do at an absolutely epic level of suckiness, doesn’t diminish the fact that we are a land grant university with huge brand awareness, and outstanding facilities. UConn is a good job that will attract decent candidates, IMO.

As it turns out, our facilities were not an impediment to getting a great coach with head-coaching experience in both the NFL and D1.

Who knew?

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s a newsflash that our 15 year old facilities are not better than the very best of the new facilities, being built currently. But, clearly, they are outstanding and comparable or better than the majority of P5 facilities. If we are losing top-flight recruits to Auburn it probably not because we don’t have a barbershop and flight simulator at Burton.

So I go back to my original post in this exchange:

As it turns out, our facilities were not an impediment to getting a great coach with head-coaching experience in both the NFL and D1.

Who knew?
All these p5 schools are starting to do this to keep up with the jones’. They are flush with cash/tv money and ultra rich donors that want the best football stuff.

A $4 million house is gorgeous but still not comparable to a $10+ million dollar house

In 15 more years where does that leave UConn in comparison?

Reaction Score
No but their facilities are better and you keep asking how they just are.
Right. And, your the expert on the matter. Who would be better to direct these questions at on this message board?

CL82

Reaction Score
All these p5 schools are starting to do this to keep up with the jones’. They are flush with cash/tv money and ultra rich donors that want the best football stuff.

A $4 million house is gorgeous but still not comparable to a $10+ million dollar house

In 15 more years where does that leave UConn in comparison?
I think you’re trying a little hard here.

Instead of acknowledging that UConn’s facilities are better than the vast majority of P5 schools, which they are, you are imagining what may happen in the future. Personally, I think your guess is likely to be correct that the arms race funded by media money will eventually leave the G5 schools behind, but that doesn’t change the current state of things.

CL82

Reaction Score
Isn't comparing UConn to Auburn instead of BCU, Cuse, PItt, etc kind of ridiculous?
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Reaction Score
UConn made most of the football capital investments 15+ years ago. At that time, they were some of the nicest facilities around. But, 15 years is a long time and UConn has made some improvements, but other schools have invested since the UConn facilities were built. After the football investments were made, UConn's focus shifted to other sports facilities including basketball, baseball, hockey, softball, soccer,... And, those investments were needed, especially for basketball.

As for other schools, I have seen the BC athletic facilities evolve over time and I can say that UConn for the most part has much better athletic facilities even though BC has been upgrading their facilities. That said, although I think UConn's football facilities are nicer than BC's football facilities, they have narrowed the gap with the 2018 opening of the Fish Field House, their indoor practice facility.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom