Clingan on the bench game after game | The Boneyard

Clingan on the bench game after game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are there any opinions as to what other Big East coaches think when they watch our games and this is what they see? 7 minutes 7 rebounds. Help defense is not happening unless he is in the lane. Otherwise it is take what you want in the lane. I would bet the opposing coaches are high 5 ing the ongoing stubbornness by DH. And could a reporter get info as to why Samson, otherwise known as Sampson on this board, is not seeing the floor?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Samson cannot play he’s not ready for high level competition. You’d be putting him in a losing situation.

But I wish Clingan played more earlier in the Big East schedule, maybe he’d be limiting some of his freshman mistakes by now.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Karaban was more skilled at the beginning of the year. The SJ hype was ridiculous because had AK been healthy he would have been a starter from game one. When I look at this team, I see three guys I want to take an important shot. Depending on the game it varies but the three are JH, AK and AS. Maybe NA. Joey is now pressing and his shot looks way different because of that. I just hope one year we can put together a team with “onions” because for the most part under Hurley we do not do well in pressure games. I think we have the talent…but we can’t win close games.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Clingan needs to play at least 13-15 minutes a game. To do that he will need to play 2-3 minutes each half with Sanogo. DH has to figure the other 3 guys to have on the court when those two are playing together. DH has to figure what offensive sets to run when they are in together and if we go zone or stay man to man. Make it happen.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Are there any opinions as to what other Big East coaches think when they watch our games and this is what they see? 7 minutes 7 rebounds. Help defense is not happening unless he is in the lane. Otherwise it is take what you want in the lane. I would bet the opposing coaches are high 5 ing the ongoing stubbornness by DH. And could a reporter get info as to why Samson, otherwise known as Sampson on this board, is not seeing the floor?

Hurley gets tunnel vision In these games.

Asking questions about why some players play and why some don’t will never yield an answer that will make any sense.

Clingan didn’t play much today because of sun spots, the strong dollar, high tide, the temperature outside, Tarot cards or a butterfly flapping its wings in Africa. They’re all equally valid.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
And when he does play he is in our worst lineup. Both today and against MQ, there were points when the lineup was JoeyC/Diarra/Alleyne/AK/Clingan. Would love to see Newton/Hawk/AK/Sanogo/Cling get some run. The problem with leaving AJax out is we don’t have a fierce defender or athlete out there.

Reaction Score
Karaban played 35 minutes tonight. Most on the team, and obviously as a freshman. He didn't have a ton of open looks, and only 5 points. How do you possibly rationalize not playing Clingan for a few more minutes so the kid could have a breather. Clingan played 7 minutes. 4 points, 7 boards and our one and only block. I'm so angry just typing this.

Reaction Score
Karaban played 35 minutes tonight. Most on the team, and obviously as a freshman. He didn't have a ton of open looks, and only 5 points. How do you possibly rationalize not playing Clingan for a few more minutes so the kid could have a breather. Clingan played 7 minutes. 4 points, 7 boards and our one and only block. I'm so angry just typing this.
Like I said since December - it’s the one question I cannot find an answer to. Why Danny? Why? Just tell us why u won’t play him more

Reaction Score
Clingan needs to play at least 13-15 minutes a game. To do that he will need to play 2-3 minutes each half with Sanogo. DH has to figure the other 3 guys to have on the court when those two are playing together. DH has to figure what offensive sets to run when they are in together and if we go zone or stay man to man. Make it happen.
We've been saying it all season and it hasn't happened. I don't expect the light bulb to finally go on now for our coach. He wasn't giving Clingan nearly enough minutes when Sanogo was badly struggling, I highly doubt he'll decide to give Clingan more minutes or put them on the floor together now that Sanogo is playing well.

Sanogo played well today so Clingan sat, it doesn't matter that Clingan was getting every single rebound when he was in there, he wasn't playing him more than 7 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Sanogo was our best player today, so he deserved to be out there as much as he was. But getting Clingan more minutes shouldn’t be mutually exclusive with playing Sanogo. Just three minutes per half of two big lineup could yield positive results - we are already underperforming so what is there to lose?

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
We've seen how much Karaban has improved by playing a lot of minutes against a Big East schedule. We will be kicking ourselves next year for not giving Clingan the same opportunities.
Speaking of next year, I suspect Clingan will be getting a lot more minutes, and this season will prepare him for a bigger role- not that he can't play a bigger role the rest of this season.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Neither has Jackson, Diarra but they get too many minutes. They both have multiple WTF moments each game, with poor shooting and out of control play.
what does any of this have to do with Clingan.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We don’t need him for his offense. We need him for protecting the rim and rebounding. He should not be put with players who can’t score.
Only Sanogo could consistently score today. There was no scoring lineup to play with Clingan today.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
There is no reason why Sanogo and Clingan can’t play on the floor together. None. This tunnel vision is killing us. Sanogo can play the four. He guards out the the three point line and is one of our best three point shooters (/s?). Put a line up of Clingan, Sanogo, Karaban, Hawkins, and Newton out there.

We are a predicable team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member