Clingan 7'2" | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Clingan 7'2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Like I said earlier, people far more qualified than you or me disagree. Thankfully Dan Hurley does as well. I will take major D1 coaches opinions over random message board guys.

Yes exactly, and D1 coaches have never missed on a prospect. Playing CT public school is =/= high major D1 basketball with very few obvious exceptions. Also, I'd like to avoid another Carlton situation and this kid looks like that. Tyler Olander was better than this kid in HS and look how that turned out.

OldBosd

BBQ Beer Freedom!!!
Reaction Score
Yes exactly, and D1 coaches have never missed on a prospect. Playing CT public school is =/= high major D1 basketball with very few obvious exceptions. Also, I'd like to avoid another Carlton situation and this kid looks like that. Tyler Olander was better than this kid in HS and look how that turned out.

He looks more fluid and Carlton did.

And he is 4 inches taller.

Carlton today, with 4 inches, would be a very good player.

Reaction Score
Yeah, D1 coaches miss but less so than unqualified message board knuckleheads like us. I'm pretty sure he is universally considered to be a far superior prospect than Olander was.

Reaction Score
Turned out two national championships.

Reaction Score
DHF..sure make that point.
Your point is you watched a short internet video and subsequently compared him, a gigantic, developing 16 year old top 40 prospect, to Carlton and Olander. Our staff, you know the ones currently on a recruiting heater and do this kind of thing for a living, have seen him play full games multiple times.

Reaction Score

Are you serious or just trolling? This kid is a beast. No, public school is no longer the barometer, but CT high school b-ball isn’t trash either. He tears it up against big school competition. More importantly, he is 7+ feet with a jumper. He’s a big piece of the puzzle even if he stinks. 7’ guys don’t grow on trees. 7’2” guys are nuts. This one has an ok crossover and shoots 3’s at 38%. The weight room and a natty in Storrs are all that stand between him and the NBA.

polycom

Reaction Score
Your point is you watched a short internet video and subsequently compared him, a gigantic, developing 16 year old top 40 prospect, to Carlton and Olander. Our staff, you know the ones currently on a recruiting heater and do this kind of thing for a living, have seen him play full games multiple times.

Guys coaches have never been wrong about a player. I could be wrong, but this kid plays pub school in CT, all his tape is not good. I doubt he ends up here, and if he does he isn't going to be a star. He'll likely get recruited over immediately.

Yes I'm 100% serious I don't think he'll be good enough to play here by the time he'd come here.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Guys coaches have never been wrong about a player. I could be wrong, but this kid plays pub school in CT, all his tape is not good. I doubt he ends up here, and if he does he isn't going to be a star. He'll likely get recruited over immediately.

Yes I'm 100% serious I don't think he'll be good enough to play here by the time he'd come here.
Wow, weird take.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Mentioned this in another thread, Leonard Hamilton is 72 and his teams are getting scary good, he’s killin it on the recruiting trail and it doesn’t seem like he’s slowing down anytime soon. I could see coach K shuttin it down soon or Roy, but Izzo seems like he’ll be around for awhile. He’s also crushing it on the recruiting trail.
Leonard Hamilton = Bunny from The Wire

polycom

Reaction Score
how many good players/teams has this kid showed against? i mean, in the brief looks I've gottne, all i see are chairs out there

Let me know when he goes for 30 and 18 at EYBL.

Reaction Score
You’ve got to trust the process. Identifying both physical and basketball talent is tough. D3 bound kids shut down high D1 kids in AAU fairly often. Coaches often have an eye for potential. This staff in particular, has yet to disappoint in the evaluation process. I’d bet on them.

Reaction Score

Back to the coaches can never be wrong well. I already adressed that and yes, once again, of course they can be. A sure thing does not exist when projecting high school basketball players. It's a terrible argument however. Warren Buffett can be wrong but I would rather take investment advice from him than you. I guess I will give you credit for going out on a limb despite being in the vast minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom