2020 Recruiting: - Cliff O update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cliff O update

Reaction Score
This is a good start for this program. I'm glad my Almer Mater hot him. He's staying home, he is realizing that it can be built with local talent.

I thought that you guys would be a threat. However, I found out in early August that it wasn't so. Cliff has been on our radar since he was a freshman, so this news isnt a shocker. He was trending Rutgers way from then on. I have long felt that of we were able to nab him this would level the playing field a but and we would be more competitive. Here's to the future and good luck the rest of the way.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Do we have any clarity on why we dropped out of the running for Cliff?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don’t mind Rutgers all that much. I obviously wish Pikiell well and I wouldn’t mind games in men’s and women’s basketball and football on a semi regular basis .

Reaction Score
Do we have any clarity on why we dropped out of the running for Cliff?
UCONN, though 2 hours away, was too far away for his family to travel. He wanted to be closer to home. That variable worked in Rutgers favor, and one of the reasons why the ASU faithful were dead wrong. Although he did take an official, thay in itself worried against them. If it was just UCONN versus an ASU battle, it would've worked out favorably for you. That and he felt in his heart, that Rutgers was rising and improving year to year.

Reaction Score
Yuck. I'm not saying this because he didn't go to UConn but I strongly believe this is a mistake for him.
Rutgers a young team and expectations are higher for them next year. Why wouldn't you want to be a part of that and with spaceat the positionfor him?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Best of luck to Cliff. Good luck at Rutgers. Chief will catch up once the non-virtual Grind starts again.

Stay safe.

1585516221437.png

Reaction Score
For Bobby's sake he'd better hope Rasheen Davis can coach:
"Many people assumed Omoruyi would select Arizona State after head coach Bobby Hurley hired Rasheen Davis, an old friend of Omoruyi’s guardians, Muhammad and Felyce Oliver".

Rutgers has lots of people back and this may cement them as the team to beat for NJ recruits if Steve has another good year and keeps the wins growing.

Reaction Score
For Bobby's sake he'd better hope Rasheen Davis can coach:
"Many people assumed Omoruyi would select Arizona State after head coach Bobby Hurley hired Rasheen Davis, an old friend of Omoruyi’s guardians, Muhammad and Felyce Oliver".

Rutgers has lots of people back and this may cement them as the team to beat for NJ recruits if Steve has another good year and keeps the wins growing.
Said Muhammad Oliver: “That situation helped [Arizona State] get to this point. But Rutgers did such a great job, that it didn’t matter. Cliff was going to commit earlier, but when Rasheen got to Arizona State, that kind of shook things up so that’s what the delay was. The delay was he had to get to know Bobby and [assistant] Rashon [Burno] and all the other players. Our relationship with Rasheen isn’t going to change, but for him to go all the way to Arizona State, it had to be bigger than Rasheen.”

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Some NBA players have come back in 7-8 months. The thing that's difficult to gauge how and when he'll come back is that there haven't been that many of these types of injuries and the guys it's happened to were almost all a lot older than Akok and near the end of their playing careers. Everyone who came back was pretty much a worse/much worse player except for Dominique who says he had his best season after returning. Again most were at the tailend anyway so it's hard to guage. Praying Akok will be helped in the process because of his youth and limited playing mileage.
Along with his youth (+ for healing) he already seems to have an A+ Attitude toward goals both individual and team and the the will to win. In some ways reminds me of Okafor. This long term recovery voyage is not for the faint of heart. He also probably learned a few things about courage and character from the example of his Husky teammate Alterique Gilbert. Talk about "profiles in courage". Amazing how young people's courage in the face of adversity can be an inspiration to everyone. As a child my teacher used to read to us about young people who overcame great adversity. One was Glenn Cunningham, a world record holder in running whose legs were so badly burned as a child that doctors thought that they would have to be amputated and that he would certainly never walk again. His mother never gave up hope and massaged those legs every day and at one point he was able to walk across the room. The rest is history and one of those stories that can inspire everyone to not give up hope. Praying for Akok! Isaiah 40:31.

Glenn Cunningham Facts

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is how you build a program. Leverage improved on-court performance into improved recruiting. Repeat. I might have to give Rutty a few looks next year. I root for Pikiell.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Rutgers getting good in the B1G offers UConn another regional rivalry and opportunity for quality out of conference games in NYC area.
Would rather see Rutgers be good in B1G than Turtle U.

Reaction Score
RutgersAl already has a life-size Cliff poster in his bedroom, right where the Mike Rosario one used to be.

Reaction Score
Ok, so if Rutgers gets one of their players into the NBA are they going to start counting the salary of THEIR NBA players starting at $0 rather than using our player’s salaries?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ok, so if Rutgers gets one of their players into the NBA are they going to start counting the salary of THEIR NBA players starting at $0 rather than using our player’s salaries?
No, no... that would count for UConn... I'm just not sure why.

Reaction Score
Hahaha RutgersAl and Mike Rosario. Instant flashbacks on the board. Good times!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom