2020 Recruiting: - Cliff O update | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cliff O update

Reaction Score
Shocking news:

In the last 24 hours, ten 247 balls just linked Cliff to Rutgers.

If Piikell can finish the deal, what a massive move for him.

The combination of Rutgers' move to the Big Ten and hiring of Steve Pikiell has transformed my perception of Rutgers from a hated rival to a loveable dump. I have to admit their team last year was a lot of fun to watch and it's easy to root for a team that works as hard as they do.

For a center prospect like Cliff, the Big Ten is the conference where you want to play. Rutgers already has a pretty good center in Myles Johnson, but he only averaged 23.6 mpg, so adding Cliff into the mix would give them a heck of a one/two punch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He has a reason to stay in NJ. He took his chances with his recruitment, which turned off some schools. It didn’t turn out exactly how he wanted, but Rutgers is a good enough place for him to continue to develop his game.

Reaction Score
Shocking news:

In the last 24 hours, ten 247 balls just linked Cliff to Rutgers.

If Piikell can finish the deal, what a massive move for him.

The combination of Rutgers' move to the Big Ten and hiring of Steve Pikiell has transformed my perception of Rutgers from a hated rival to a loveable dump. I have to admit their team last year was a lot of fun to watch and it's easy to root for a team that works as hard as they do.

For a center prospect like Cliff, the Big Ten is the conference where you want to play. Rutgers already has a pretty good center in Myles Johnson, but he only averaged 23.6 mpg, so adding Cliff into the mix would give them a heck of a one/two punch.

This would be great obviously for Rutgers, and Steve. Ive always said in these Rutgers threads that I am happy for Steve. Outside of KO, none of our guys have had much success nationally at the D1 level. Leitao won NCAA Tournament games with Virginia and Depaul, and Hobbs went to a few NCAA Tournaments with George Washington, but none of the other guys from Calhoun’s coaching tree (outside of KO) went on to have success at a high level D1 program.

Reaction Score
Yuck. I'm not saying this because he didn't go to UConn but I strongly believe this is a mistake for him.

Reaction Score
Maybe, maybe not. Illinois turned it around with 1 recruiting class. In basketball anything's possible

Reaction Score
The only player that hasn't progressed under Hurley is Carlton, who regressed. Most suspect his regression was due to weight. Hurley will work with both Carlton and Ferguson and both players will be much improved before the NBE season begins.
Carlton improved a lot year 1 under Coach Hurley. Took a step back this past season but I'm one of the few who thinks he'll be much better next year if he can get the coaching (much depends on how long social distancing goes on)

Reaction Score
I think this is the beginning of a trend. With the uncertainty surrounding the virus situation kids are just opting to stay home. Should help us with Mac.

Bingo

HOW CORONAVIRUS PLAYED AN ASSIST

Pikiell and assistant Brandin Knight worked hard to keep Omoruyi at home and they may have gotten an assist from the coronavirus pandemic.

Omoruyi, who was born in Nigeria, said the coronavirus helped him make the decision to stay close to home to Roselle Catholic, where has played for three years, as opposed to going halfway or all the way across the country.

Reaction Score
Other than the fact they perenially suck, and because of RutgersAl, who seems to be long gone, why would anyone here root against Rutgers?? Because they were luckier than us in conference realignment musical chairs?? They have one of our guys coaching them. And are completely irrelevant to us. It would be like caring about what happens to BC or Syracuse. Non-issues.

Reaction Score
It would be like caring about what happens to BC or Syracuse. Non-issues.
i agree with your main point but thats b/c rutgers is nothing like BC and cuse in terms of deserving our hatred

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just think he's going to get lost in the big picture in the B10. Rutgers still has a very long way to get to the top of the league.
They were a tournament team this year. They will be better next year.

Reaction Score
Always rooted against Rutgers in every sport. But being from Bristol and a St. Paul grad, I can not root against Steve. Know him( a bit) and some of his family members. He and his family can not be nicer.
He is a class act and a Husky. Cant believe I am saying this but if we weren't getting Cliff, I am happy Steve got him.
Everyone likes Steve Pikiell, he's one of the good guys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom