Cleveland? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cleveland?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Johnnycake airport has been closed for a loooonng time. It’s literally cornfields now. I still fondly remember the buzz of single passenger “flying lawnchairs” as my dad called them flying about 30 feet over my childhood home. Very annoying.
And the Landing Zone! What a great weird place when it was on.

Reaction Score
And the Landing Zone! What a great weird place when it was on.
LOVED that place! great Prime Rib and Po Boys. Wife and I took our kids when they were maybe 10 and 6 and they asked for milk to drink and the guy said, "I have half-and-half?" We lost it!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
One reason to go to Progressive Field while you're there:

One reason to not go to Progressive Field while you're there:
https://twitter.com/SportScran/status/1543641044037820417?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Count me out on that one.

Pulled pork over a bowl or plate of mac n cheese? You betcha.
Putting cole slaw on a BBQ sandwich. I lean against that one but understand those who do.
Putting mac n cheese, slaw and pulled pork together? Not a chance. Not in a bowl, not in a cone, not on a plate.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
WAY too saucy
The demographic is people who eat "cheese" pumped out of a 2-gallon plastic pump.

I don't even care that much for mac n' cheese or bbq sauce, but for sloppy ballpark food, I could be up for that.

Nobody's commenting on the 2nd one, which looks like something you'd envision after a couple of magic mushrooms.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Count me out on that one.

Pulled pork over a bowl or plate of mac n cheese? You betcha.
Putting cole slaw on a BBQ sandwich. I lean against that one but understand those who do.
Putting mac n cheese, slaw and pulled pork together? Not a chance. Not in a bowl, not in a cone, not on a plate.
My man. Slaw only works on non tomato based pulled pork’s. Like Carolina style. If you are drenching that with red sauce it’s just a nightmare and those Ohio idiots are just tossing crap on top of crap. Because honestly who likes cole slaw anyway? At its best it’s a garnish

August_West

Reaction Score
The demographic is people who eat "cheese" pumped out of a 2-gallon plastic pump.

I don't even care that much for mac n' cheese or bbq sauce, but for sloppy ballpark food, I could be up for that.

Nobody's commenting on the 2nd one, which looks like something you'd envision after a couple of magic mushrooms.

Ohio

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My man. Slaw only works on non tomato based pulled pork’s. Like Carolina style. If you are drenching that with red sauce it’s just a nightmare and those Ohio idiots are just tossing crap on top of crap. Because honestly who likes cole slaw anyway? At its best it’s a garnish
I eat a ton of cole slaw in summer, but I have a fairly unique dressing I use. Not a big fan of small dice or really wet slaw or any commercially made crap.

August_West

Reaction Score
I eat a ton of cole slaw in summer, but I have a fairly unique dressing I use. Not a big fan of small dice or really wet slaw or any commercially made crap.
I find a lot of usages for cabbage ( namely fish tacos) but in the end, it’s cabbage

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I find a lot of usages for cabbage ( namely fish tacos) but in the end, it’s cabbage
Well, I'm half Lithuanian. We can't have regular bowel movements without it.

I also eat hot dogs with kimchi. Had one years ago at Hot Doug's in Chicago and it stuck.

August_West

Reaction Score
Well, I'm half Lithuanian. We can't have regular bowel movements without it.
I’m 1/2 Czech. I get it. Eastern Europeans do cabbage better. But I’m not making my grandfathers boiled pork, and dumplings ( which is sliced with fishingline) and sauerkraut either. My mom does and it’s a comfort food but i digressed I’m no 2nd ( 3rd? I get so confused mothers parents born there ) gen,I’ve be Americanized.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I’m 1/2 Czech. I get it. Eastern Europeans do cabbage better. But I’m not making my grandfathers boiled pork, and dumplings ( which is sliced with fishingline) and sauerkraut either. My mom does and it’s a comfort food but i digressed I’m no 2nd ( 3rd? I get so confused mothers parents born there ) gen,I’ve be Americanized.
Wife and I are both 2nd gen. She's Serb/Croat and confuses the crap out of me regarding Eastern Euro food. She disdains all of it except that every damned New Year's we have to have pork chops with kraut, which is just a crappy meal. Only time I get to eat stuffed cabbage is on Eastern Orthodox holidays at her relatives homes. And once she made haluski without any noodles, which is a hanging offense.

Anyway, since this is a Cleveland thread, I have to think you've been to Slyman's.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Instead of traditional slaw I'm a big fan of the Brocoli Ramen Noodle slaw type recipes. Much more snap from the brocoli, carrot and ramen noodles. Added benefit of not having to drench the whole thing in some mayo based concoction too.

I really like to play around with the type of nut used to toast along with the ramen noodle- pine nuts, cashews, etc. Same with the vinaigrette. Mess around with it until you get the taste you like best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom