Christyn's Excellent LA Adventure | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Christyn's Excellent LA Adventure

Reaction Score
I still say don't be surprised if Christyn is the best player in the country this year. I think she definitely has a chance and she seems to be working real hard at raising her ceiling.

With Sabrina Ionescu still in college, not sure of Christyn can be the best player in the country.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
With Sabrina Ionescu still in college, not sure of Christyn can be the best player in the country.
The good news for college basketball fans is that we will all be able to see for ourselves on Monday, Feb 3 when the Ducks visit the Huskies in Storrs. While Ionescu is certainly the front runner for POY this season, I would not be surprised if Christyn goes off to lead UConn to an upset win, much like she did in South Bend last season.

Reaction Score
The good news for college basketball fans is that we will all be able to see for ourselves on Monday, Feb 3 when the Ducks visit the Huskies in Storrs. While Ionescu is certainly the front runner for POY this season, I would not be surprised if Christyn goes off to lead UConn to an upset win, much like she did in South Bend last season.

...will it be an upset?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Did not see it is a slide show (2 pics)

Like this one

View attachment 45749

Dad, Come on. Stop hogging all the fun.

If Gianna stays with basketball through high school, she’s going to be very special. Mo’ne Davis had a crush on the UConn women’s basketball program too, but as she got older, her fascination to play for Geno began to wane, and her BB skills did not keep up with that dream.

Gianna is a big fan of the program, and has met and interacted with every member of the team including Geno. It will be interesting to see if her love affair with the Huskies will stand the test of time, and she still has a desire to attend UConn after high school.

I hope she inherited some of Kobe’s height genes. They would serve her well.

Reaction Score
Let’s call it one for the benefit of our friends from the PNW. ;)
oldude, you know I am not a Duck fan....but I don't see UCONN staying with the Ducks even in Storrs. And I'll be rooting for UCONN all the way. Go Huskies, Go BEAVS

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
By Feb 3 the upset would probably be Oregon winning. UConn is usually playing some of their best ball by February, especially at home.

Carnac

Reaction Score
oldude, you know I am not a Duck fan....but I don't see UCONN staying with the Ducks even in Storrs. And I'll be rooting for UCONN all the way. Go Huskies, Go BEAVS

LoTrader, I hear you. But let’s not forget how long it’s been since UConn lost a home game. All 3 of their losses last year were outside of the state of Connecticut.

I don’t expect THIS team to start any new “trends”, if you know what I mean. There are certain arenas around the country that are very hard for visiting teams to come away with a win. The Joyce Center (Notre Dame), The Ferrell Center (Baylor), Humphrey Coliseum (Mississippi State), Mathew Knight Arena (Oregon), Gampel and the XL Center to name a few.

Anything is possible, we know that. That win streak will end at some point. This year’s home schedule has several top 10 teams coming in. The Oregon and Notre Dame games should be sellouts or close to it. 99.9% of those attending will be vociferously advocating a UConn victory. The Tennessee game will be big because of the notoriety, not because the LV pose a serious threat.

Any energy in the building for the Ducks will be minimal at best. We know how teams can sometimes feed off of their fans. Expect the fans to be into the game that afternoon from tip to buzzer. It will be a game both teams will look forward to as a measuring tool to see exactly where they are.

I also agree with donaldd’s comments above.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Sounds like you would be willing to give me some good odd for taking Uconn on a friendly wager ;)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
LoTrader, I hear you. But let’s not forget how long it’s been since UConn lost a home game. All 3 of their losses last year were outside of the state of Connecticut.

I don’t expect THIS team to start any new “trends”, if you know what I mean. There are certain arenas around the country that are very hard for visiting teams to come away with a win. Gampel and the XL Center are two of them.

Anything is possible. UConn’s home schedule has several top 10 teams stopping by for a visit. That Oregon game should be a sellout or close to it. 99.9% of those attending will be yelling and cheering for the Huskies.

Any energy in the building for the Ducks will be generated by them. We know how teams can sometimes feed off of their fans. This just may be one of those times. It will be a game both teams will look forward to as a measuring tool to see exactly where they are.

That’s a game matching two top 5 teams that WCBB will be closely watching on national TV, in case they have the misfortune of drawing either of them in the tournament the following month.

I also agree with donaldd’s comments above.
When was the last time UConn went into a home game as the underdog?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For those that may have forgotten, the last time UConn lost a game in the state of CT was 5 1/2 years ago on March 12, 2013, when the Huskies dropped a nail-biter to ND by the score of 63-61 in the Big East conference tournament final at the XL Center in Hartford.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think she may be

I actually think that Liv may be taller than Kobe …. at the least, as tall

Just like football players when they retire lose a lot of weight and muscle, I am guessing the NBA players get shorter. ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Just like football players when they retire lose a lot of weight and muscle, I am guessing the NBA players get shorter. ;)
We all get shorter with both age and in perception. Look at Bill Russell standing next to todays players.

Reaction Score
Tough love (or brutally honest critique) never hurt anyone. ;)
not to argue with you just for the fun---Brutal Critiquing anyone is bad. For some less adapted to a large ego/confidence it could be destructive. I come from the group that say Critism is unhealthy and destructive to some. I don't belong to the " here is your trophy for coming in last,, however". If properly applied instructive words are much better. One may instruct without reducing one to tears or near tears. Teaching not swearing, screaming get results. Lou Holtz say as a coach---b angry if you are angry, I say if you teach too.

Reaction Score
We ALL get shorter. That is what gravity does to the spinal column it compacts the disks.

Carnac

Reaction Score
not to argue with you just for the fun---Brutal Critiquing anyone is bad. For some less adapted to a large ego/confidence it could be destructive. I come from the group that say Critism is unhealthy and destructive to some. I don't belong to the " here is your trophy for coming in last,, however". If properly applied instructive words are much better. One may instruct without reducing one to tears or near tears. Teaching not swearing, screaming get results. Lou Holtz say as a coach---b angry if you are angry, I say if you teach too.

Agree, comment amended

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
We all get shorter with both age and in perception. Look at Bill Russell standing next to todays players.

I stood in line right behind Bill Russell waiting to enter the concert venue at the Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas about 12 years ago. I guess it was before he began to get shorter. He appeared to be every inch of his advertised height of 6’9”. :)

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
We're "doomed" because I think Bryant's daughter Gianna is going to end up at UConn?

And while she's tuning up for UConn, she's watching how the professionals do it (up close, sitting in floor seats). Kobe and his girls are HUGE Sparks' fans. Dare I say she's also met and taken pictures with all of the Sparks players. I wonder who her favorite Sparks player is? :rolleyes:

:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom