OT: - Christmas gifts for dad | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Christmas gifts for dad

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A new Taylor Made driver delivered on a golf cart with a full cooler driven by Halle Berry with her Co-pilot being Kate Upton.

Wrap it up!

Going away from the Taylor Made. Been using them for almost last 20 years.

Have PXG driver, 3 wood and driving iron on its way right now.

After many a Christmas together, Mrs Diesel and I set budgets and said just buy whatever you want for yourself.

I could probably swing the golf cart and Mrs Barry and Upton as long as Mrs Diesel gets to tip back a few with them too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Going away from the Taylor Made. Been using them for almost last 20 years.

Have PXG driver, 3 wood and driving iron on its way right now.

After many a Christmas together, Mrs Diesel and I set budgets and said just buy whatever you want for yourself.

I could probably swing the golf cart and Mrs Barry and Upton as long as Mrs Diesel gets to tip back a few with them too.

And @mauconnfan this 55 year old ordered some Mizuno tour golf balls for Christmas. Anybody try them?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Already have one and love it as I use it daily but I asked my daughter today to get me the bigger iron flask. Keeps ice frozen for 24+ hours.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
55. Likes to do yard work, golf, play Cornhole, used to love the Celtics, likes to cook and make cocktails.

You can either make or buy some kickass corn hole boards and bags. Get some high quality wood and UConn logos on them. And some good quality duck cloth bags.

Reaction Score
Didn't even know Mizuno made golf balls. I''very been Srixon for about 5 years now. Currently using Q Star Tour.
Me too, but there was a terrible review of them in MyGolfSpy. Love how they putt though. Good with wedges too.

Latest try was Snell MTB. Gained a club or 2 in distance, but putting was iffy.

Reaction Score
I’m sure there are a lot of fathers here. Just looking for ideas on what to get my dad. What would be a good gift you guys would like? Thanks!
Having a daughter myself, how about a nice dinner with just the two of you

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Dinner and a night with the kids

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As a 55 year old that doesn't like yard work (who likes yard work?), and who doesn't like to cook, I wish I could be more help. On the cocktail front, is he pretty well set on glassware? Proper glasses are always nice. I just got some wine glasses for parents because we visited them and they were down to 4 of them, from a set that had 10-12.

Reaction Score
We have to be real creative with my 80+ year old father who lives alone and has everything.

We've done carwash subscription, Netflix subscription, chromebook/e-reader, custom butcher block (linky): foot massager thingy, etc..

He's the type to just be happy with family around him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We have to be real creative with my 80+ year old father who lives alone and has everything.

We've done carwash subscription, Netflix subscription, chromebook/e-reader, custom butcher block (linky): foot massager thingy, etc..

He's the type to just be happy with family around him.

Maybe one of those wifi picture frames where you can load up pictures to cycle through for him and add new pictures throughout the year?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Me too, but there was a terrible review of them in MyGolfSpy. Love how they putt though. Good with wedges too.

Latest try was Snell MTB. Gained a club or 2 in distance, but putting was iffy.

I had tried the Cut and Vice and was thinking about the Snell when I tried the Srixon's. A sure fire show stopper for me is a golf ball that doesn't make a clean clicking sound when I putt it cleanly. Any sort of muffled sound or if it feels like mush is a definite no go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom