OT: - Christmas gifts for dad | The Boneyard

OT: Christmas gifts for dad

Reaction Score
I’m sure there are a lot of fathers here. Just looking for ideas on what to get my dad. What would be a good gift you guys would like? Thanks!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've yet to stick the landing with this one in over 50 tries.

Reaction Score
I’m sure there are a lot of fathers here. Just looking for ideas on what to get my dad. What would be a good gift you guys would like? Thanks!
That's an open ended question. I would think you need to know more about your father to give you good suggestions.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Going a very generic route, find something simple that shows some appreciation for what your dad did to help you get where you are today. Make it a personal gift attaching it to a memory or event.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
back in early grammar school days, and more than a few times, when nosin around to find out what pops wanted at those gift situations, he'd say sumthin like 'what do i want? well, it sure would be nice iffn u, ur siblings, and take ur mom for supervision, would be on the next space shuttle flight. wouldn't that be nice?' then, id run to moms saying 'pops wants us to visit the moon, or mars, or wherever that plane is going to, without him!'
moms would be like 'don't tell him cuz it's a surprise, but we bought a one way ticket to kookachimba (sum kind of hungarian jokeword for 'far away.' lol) for him.' highly confoosing for a kid, cuz i thought that we were all 24/7 gifts of wonderfulness. who knew? upon further review, it was no accident that each of us was deposited at the door of the dmv the instant we became license eligible. this explains why, pre license times, he would often say when asked for the millionth time to get a ride sumwhere, 'we bought u a bike, and u also have legs. use them.' 'but pops! it's 10 miles away! uphill! and there's 5 feet of snow!'
'dress warm.'
funny guy, that one. full of yankee directness.
this always was a gift for them that seemed particularly enjoyed,
2fe6d01fa8cfa7f207f63c9383977b02.jpg

of course, being forced to go to school always seemed like a violation of my human rights, but neither one of them would ever help me to find a lawyer. i think they all belong to sum union where this is the motto,
peace-and-quiet-clipart-3.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I find that my dad likes a comfortable, quality pair of casual shoes. He has really enjoyed some Merrell leather slip-on camp mocs, a pair of LL Bean duck boots (now I’d buy Sperry duck boots, better quality and way more comfortable) and some other very comfortable shoes by companies like Clarks.

I’ve also done well buying him clothes that he wouldn’t generally buy on his own, like some decent quality wrinkle free button down shirts (Brooks Bros, LL Bean, Jos A Bank). They really don’t wrinkle and he appreciates that but doesn’t know brands anymore. I also got him a very nice Ralph Lauren sweater several years ago and I’ve noticed that he’ll often wear it to social events, family gatherings etc.

Lastly, activities are cool. I got him fly fishing lessons and a fly rod starter kit one year. The kicker was that I was joining him. He really enjoyed that.

Reaction Score
That's an open ended question. I would think you need to know more about your father to give you good suggestions.
55. Likes to do yard work, golf, play Cornhole, used to love the Celtics, likes to cook and make cocktails.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
55. Likes to do yard work, golf, play Cornhole, used to love the Celtics, likes to cook and make cocktails.
Peter Millar pants, sweaters or vests are all great for golf, and transition easily for work, casual wear or a night out. Good quality, stylish and very comfortable:

Girl Meets Dirt makes some great, unique bitters and shrubs, which are excellent for craft cocktails; also some awesome jams that pair really well with cheeses and other charcuterie. They sell some gift packs too:

Girl Meets Dirt

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
55. Likes to do yard work... cook and make cocktails.

This is one of those gifts Dad will get jazzed about receiving, have a lot of fun with initially, tire of it by summer, and let you borrow for the rest of his life.

Bonus, I actually used mine to smoke out a woodpecker nest in my house.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom