Christian Vital signs with BG Goettingen | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Christian Vital signs with BG Goettingen

Reaction Score
I translated this write-ups from WELT.com a German news outlet that spoke to a rep from BG Goettingen about Vital's departure. It looks like he was "homesick" being nearly 4,000 miles from home.

BG Göttingen terminates contract with basketball professional Vital
Stand: 5:22 p.m.
A basketball lands in the basket

Göttingen (dpa / lni) - Bundesliga basketball team BG Göttingen has terminated the contract with Christian Vital. The 23-year-old US guard will leave Lower Saxony with immediate effect, as the club announced on Sunday. “It was a completely new situation for Christian after graduating from university here in Germany. It was very difficult for him to get used to the conditions at a professional club. In addition, he was very homesick, ”Managing Director Frank Meinertshagen explained the move. The Göttingen are now looking for a new development player for their squad.

Reaction Score
Strange. I’m sure Christian knew being in Europe would be a huge adjustment and was ready for it. Maybe his agent found him a better situation?

Reaction Score
Anyone have numbers on his short stint?
He scored 21 points in his lone preseason game against the Fraport Skyliners on 9/14. In his first and only BBL game against Braunschweig he started but played only 12 minutes, fourth lowest on the team, and scored 6 points. It's too bad it didnt work out for Christian because I think he could've done some damage in that league. Box score below:

vitalstats.jpeg

Reaction Score
He scored 21 points in his lone preseason game against the Fraport Skyliners on 9/14. In his first and only BBL game against Braunschweig he started but played only 12 minutes, fourth lowest on the team, and scored 6 points. It's too bad it didnt work out for Christian because I think he could've done some damage in that league. Box score below:

View attachment 58874

8 shots and 4 TO’s in 12 minutes....

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Best wishes to CV. Hope he latches on somewhere and makes some money playing.

He was a real 'glue guy' for us during some very dark times and while we have a boatload of talent, I'm not sure we have this type of person/player on the roster at the moment. Similar to artists being fully appreciated after they're gone, I think the first game where free throws need to be made down the stretch to secure a win is when we'll fully understand what he brought to the table.

Reaction Score
This doesn't add up. EDIT: Just saw BuffaloHusky's comment about fearing the virus and maybe that was it.
CV showed spunk his whole four years here and you'd think his agent would convince him to stick it out and not burn bridges in a region of the world that pays well for much lighter schedules than the NBA.
Besides, I'm sure if Chief had known he would have called Netjets and used part of his 1/4 share to fly over to keep CV company for a few weeks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom