Christian Vital signs with BG Goettingen | The Boneyard

Christian Vital signs with BG Goettingen

Reaction Score
Congrats to Christian Vital on signing his first pro basketball contract with BG Goettingen of the Basketball Bundesliga (BBL) and good luck to him as he pursues his basketball dreams. He's already showing up as a starter on the BG's eurobasket page and will likely be one of the main scoring options for a BG Goettingen team that went 12-15 and finished 13th place out of 18 last season. Niels Giffey also plays in the league with current champions Alba Berlin.

Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 4.28.16 PM.png

Reaction Score
Gotta start the career somewhere.. Hope he can leverage his successes/growth in Europe into opportunities stateside in the League..Best of luck to a loyal Husky..

Reaction Score
Aubrey Dawkins is on that team also, along with Odiase from Texas Tech's title game run
Wrong Odiase. The one you are thinking of is with Northern Arizona of the G League. Vital's future teammate is a UIC grad.

Best of luck for Vital. Germany is a solid country for pro basketball. Just learned that PJ Tucker is a former finals MVP from the same league.

Reaction Score
Wrong Odiase. The one you are thinking of is with Northern Arizona of the G League. Vital's future teammate is a UIC grad.

Best of luck for Vital. Germany is a solid country for pro basketball. Just learned that PJ Tucker is a former finals MVP from the same league.

Yup you're right. I even looked him up to make sure he was on that title game team and still got it wrong lol.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Congrats to one of my top 5 all time favorite Huskies
Maybe the BGG fans will be nicer to him from the onset
The kid has a heart of a lion and there is no quit in him
Love ya CV and best of luck - I'll be following you

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Anyone have an idea how much this kind of contract is worth?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Interesting as Hollinger just called him a serious draft sleeper on the Athletic.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Does CV’s season start soon? He was at LAX this morning. If so, is there a scenario where he gets drafted in October after a few months of German ball?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Does CV’s season start soon? He was at LAX this morning. If so, is there a scenario where he gets drafted in October after a few months of German ball?

hollinger has him as draftable.

not sure he’s the athlete he needs to Be to get drafted. If he has a good combine workout he has a good chance.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score

not sure he’s the athlete he needs to Be to get drafted. If he has a good combine workout he has a good chance.

yup, was really happy to see him at #43 on Hollinger’s draft board. I think his size is what’s holding him back the most, but it was awesome to see JH write, “he has low-key Pat Beverly/Kyle Lowry potential”

I guess I’m asking because when I saw he signed with a German club, I figured he was moving on from trying to get drafted this year. But could this actually be a situation where he gets to play competitive basketball for a couple of months before the draft and actually boost his stock?

Reaction Score

He had some really good advanced metrics this season and excels in a few really projectable stats (steals, rebounding, and free throwing shooting), so not surprised Hollinger likes him.

Considering how he ended the year, that 3pt slump in January really torpedo'd his draft stock in advance. If he had hit 37/38% on the year, I think he'd be a surefire 2nd rounder. He hit 20% for the month and 38.5% for the rest of the months.

But I still think he'll get some draftnik hype and maybe an undrafted look. Not sure how his overseas signing affects things.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Considering he has an agreement with this team in Germany, if a team wanted to secure his rights, I’m guessing they could “draft and stash” him overseas as he gains more experience much like they do with international players. Worst case, I’d have to imagine there are clauses negotiated into his deal where he could break the contract if drafted by an NBA team and given a guaranteed deal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom