Chief’s Briefs - PC Edition | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - PC Edition

Reaction Score
Enjoy this team, they are very special.

UConn started out the game with a 13 point deficit, but then made 9 of 13 shots and PC cooled off after playing over their heads early. UConn had two cancelled flights out of Milwaukee after Wednesday’s game and had to drive to Chicago to catch flight home. Therefore, we got off to slow start but then got going and we were up by 18 points at the half.

Key to or success all season long is leading our opponent in rebounds (2), assists (12) , steals (5) and tonight was no different. Clingan, Johnson, Castle and Newton all had at least 6 rebounds. All five of our starters hit double figures. The words “Tough” and “unselfish” describe our team well.

It is great to see Alex Karaban out of his shooting slump. Overall we shot 42% from 3 compared to 29% for PC.

The Big East handicap is alive and well, despite our lead we were out shot on the foul line 16 to 6.

A couple of negative, we made two foolish fouls on three point shots. We also took our foot off the accelerator late.

Reaction Score
Do you think the T on Hurley was justified? I thought he was protesting the foul on Castle.

Reaction Score
A couple of negative, we made two foolish fouls on three point shots.
Agree with everything but this. That call on the Carter three was laughable. Stewart was set, as usual Carter flung himself to the ground - but there wasn’t even any contact until Carter kicked his leg out into Stewart’s shin. What an absolutely terrible call.

Reaction Score
Agree with everything but this. That call on the Carter three was laughable. Stewart was set, as usual Carter flung himself to the ground - but there wasn’t even any contact until Carter kicked his leg out into Stewart’s shin. What an absolutely terrible call.
That was a stabilizing T.

Reaction Score
Karaban had a nice game but he could not hit a runner to save his life. The Samson screen foul call took away a nice Cam S 3. We just stopped making shots once we hit 68. It needs explaining. Helped PC was already beaten.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I thought you could review if a guy kicks his legs out on a three? Carter kicked ( I think it was Jaylin?) who was BEHIND HIM

Reaction Score
Karaban had a nice game but he could not hit a runner to save his life. The Samson screen foul call took away a nice Cam S 3. We just stopped making shots once we hit 68. It needs explaining. Helped PC was already beaten.
I’m confused. Why does anything that happens after a game is for all intensive purposes over need explaining?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Championship teams win.
Championship teams win ugly, win convincingly, win boring, win excitingly, win with D, win with Offense
In the end, Championship teams win..........................

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I thought you could review if a guy kicks his legs out on a three? Carter kicked ( I think it was Jaylin?) who was BEHIND HIM
We will have to overcome bad calls for the rest of this season. It didn’t hurt us in the end, so let it go. And honestly, it seemed like the right call.

Reaction Score
I’m confused. Why does anything that happens after a game is for all intensive purposes over need explaining?
We had the starters in. Ball got one minute. Hurley was clearly trying to run something and yet we can't figure out how to feed DC down low or get to him there and have him kick out. I doubt DH was happy with this 2 games in a row. If the game was over put the bench in.

Reaction Score
We had the starters in. Ball got one minute. Hurley was clearly trying to run something and yet we can't figure out how to feed DC down low or get to him there and have him kick out. I doubt DH was happy with this 2 games in a row. If the game was over put the bench in.
Nah, he knew my/our line was -9.5, and since PC kept coming with starters, he stayed with our starters. Cha-ching for those giving 9.5.

Reaction Score
"They thought they had a chance to win. They did not."
Never have I seen a more completely demoralized fan base, than I saw last night. Jackson called it Death by a Thousand Cuts. Hurley couldn't have scripted it any better.

Let the postseason begin.

Reaction Score
BL, are you using voice to text for your posts?
LOL at the thought that anyone will be able to teach me how to use voice to text. On the other hand, I am struggling with how many times the Boneyard’s built in AI changes what I am actually typing.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
LOL at the thought that anyone will be able to teach me how to use voice to text. On the other hand, I am struggling with how many times the Boneyard’s built in AI changes what I am actually typing.
I'm having a difficult time getting my head around an ivy league educated attorney typing "intensive purposes". I was hoping the phone misheard you.

Reaction Score
I agree Hurley wanted the "T". The guys looked a little flat out of the gate, and Carter was on fire to start.

Is it me, or has Carter looked absolutely exhausted by the end of the 1st half in the two games this year. The guy plays hard, but I think Hurley also just keeps rotating guys and makes him play defense no matter who he's guarding. A few times he picked up different guys it looked like expecting maybe a bit of a break on defense, but it seem like whoever he had ran through the offense harder.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m confused. Why does anything that happens after a game is for all intents and purposes over need explaining?
Need explaining? Probably not. But when have we limited The Boneyard post to only things which "need explaining?"

Reaction Score
Hurley wanted the T so yeah it was justified
I was at the game so I saw Hurley and the players in my visual frame. I think you all could see it on TV as well. Remember, when McDermott in the game in Omaha told the official and pointed to one of Clingan 's screen and Ashworth did that BS flop and it got Clingan his 2nd foul? Well Hurley did the exact thing and the screener for PC, I think it was Oduro, clearly moved out his hips and pushed Castle into Carter and Castle got called for the foul instead of Oduro.

Reaction Score
"They thought they had a chance to win. They did not."
Never have I seen a more completely demoralized fan base, than I saw last night. Jackson called it Death by a Thousand Cuts. Hurley couldn't have scripted it any better.

Let the postseason begin.
I can concur. I was at the AMP last night. The energy was gone at halftime and the crowd was silenced. Fans started heading for exits around 8-9 mark. Even when PC scored there were some halfhearted cheers and golf claps.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom