Chief’s Briefs - PC Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - PC Edition

Reaction Score
I agree Hurley wanted the "T". The guys looked a little flat out of the gate, and Carter was on fire to start.

Is it me, or has Carter looked absolutely exhausted by the end of the 1st half in the two games this year. The guy plays hard, but I think Hurley also just keeps rotating guys and makes him play defense no matter who he's guarding. A few times he picked up different guys it looked like expecting maybe a bit of a break on defense, but it seem like whoever he had ran through the offense harder.
Carter was face guarding and constantly denying Newton in the beginning. He did okay doing that, but PC lacks depth to give Carter any rest without a humongous drop off. There was no way Carter was going to sustain that. In the 2nd half he and Oduro were bending down putting their hands on their hips or knees.

Reaction Score
I thought Hurley's T was a "Strategic T" like an arrow pulled from a coaches quiver ala Coach Calhoun when JC felt his team lacked focus, was met with overwhelming pressure and/or simply needed a reset from a poor start. Glad to see this "tool" was used early in the game and not late because it can backfire. Separately, many Providence players seemed to have a lack of conditioning and were gassed beyond the typical body language of the defeated. That said, Devin Carter is a warrior.

Reaction Score
Agree with everything but this. That call on the Carter three was laughable. Stewart was set, as usual Carter flung himself to the ground - but there wasn’t even any contact until Carter kicked his leg out into Stewart’s shin. What an absolutely terrible call.
I don’t disagree, but on certain guys and with the Big East UConn officiating handicap - give a little more space.

Reaction Score
I thought Hurley's T was a "Strategic T" like an arrow pulled from a coaches quiver ala Coach Calhoun when JC felt his team lacked focus, was met with overwhelming pressure and/or simply needed a reset from a poor start. Glad to see this "tool" was used early in the game and not late because it can backfire. Separately, many Providence players seemed to have a lack of conditioning and were gassed beyond the typical body language of the defeated. That said, Devin Carter is a warrior.
Talked to a few people who were at the UConn game behind the bench. It got totally crazy. The PC fans were messy drunks and nasty people. Whatever we gave back at the end was well deserved. Credit to our players and coaches for their self control in not going after some of these nuts.

Reaction Score
Hurley wanted to get T'd up. The refs missed a hip check by Oduro on a screen he was setting that led to the foul call on Castle (where the PC player took a dive).
Great Hurley observations on Stepon Castle.

IMG_5255.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom