CFP Final 4 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

CFP Final 4

Reaction Score
But this whole thing would be moot in a 12 team playoff. If FSU or Clemson go 13-0 or 12-1 and win the ACC they will be one of the top 4 seeds and get bye every year.
Not moot at all. It's not like FSU and Clemson are gonna start reeling off undefeated seasons making this season a minor blip. The line has been drawn, in bold. There are 2 big boys tables and everyone else. SOS could continue to be a factor as the P2 continue to separate from the rest. ACC will need to be perfect because a 2 loss P2 program could very well make the playoffs before a 1 loss ACC team.

Reaction Score
Today's actions just proves you that it's not the case. They went 13-0 and were passed over for the top 4 seeds by the SEC and B1G (UW is B1G now in my eyes). So they'd lose a bye. Everyone saying it's a lot of nothing because they'd be in next year is wrong. They'd be in, but they'd be screwed out of a bye just like they were screwed out of the Top 4.
You do know that there can only be one SEC and B1G champion correct? And the byes are guaranteed for the 4 highest ranking champions? So unless a G6 league champion is ranked ahead of the ACC champion, which the committee will never do, the ACC champion will always get a bye

Reaction Score
And...when you were close to dying 6 months back with cancer, down 65 pounds, being wheeled in a wheelchair down to the radiation room and catching your beloved wife and son exchanging sad looks, you have a different perspective about what matters in life.
And that's exactly why they'll get away with it.

Reaction Score
You do know that there can only be one SEC and B1G champion correct? And the byes are guaranteed for the 4 highest ranking champions? So unless a G6 league champion is ranked ahead of the ACC champion, which the committee will never do, the ACC champion will always get a bye

Think about basketball: do you want to be in a one-bid league?

Reaction Score
I am not otraged because I can see the reasonableness of the decision.

I do feel badly for the players who worked hard, never gave up, and fought to win for their much loved injured quarterback. This is a group of brothers who never quit when behind.

It was a good year. Going 13-0 is a great year...being State Champs, beating Florida and Miami two years running is great.

And...when you were close to dying 6 months back with cancer, down 65 pounds, being wheeled in a wheelchair down to the radiation room and catching your beloved wife and son exchanging sad looks, you have a different perspective about what matters in life.

I am not outraged at all. I have emailed Boosters to start a campaign to pay Coach the bonus his contract calls for when making the CFP...I wanted my pledge to be among the first, if not the first.

Laugh and the world laughs with you....cry and you cry alone...
I have no issues with your priority being different. If one wants to argue that 'Bama should be ahead of FSU because of a much harder SOS and going 1-1 against Top 5 opponents is better than not playing another top ten team, so be it. I just find being influenced by an injury as opposed to accomplishment counter to everything sport is about and thus horrific. But I'm glad you're around to have other priorities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom