CFP Final 4 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

CFP Final 4

Reaction Score
If I happened to be drinking a beer while reading the FSU coach bleating, "What happened today goes against everything that is true and right about college football"; the whole thing would have came out my nose.

New NIL from FSU:

Free crab legs … and a BMW for every player!

Reaction Score
Don't think of it as Pac 12, Big 12, SEC, Big 10. think of it for what its truly meant to be ...big10 vs SEC. Get use to it even with 12 teams
Based on today's crime. Don't be surprised to see a 12 team playoff with 8 SEC teams (even if they have to pick a 5 win team to do it. lol

Reaction Score
FSU won't leave the ACC just because they got left out today. With the playoff expanding, they will have a much easier path making the playoff in the ACC than in the SEC or Big 10. They are also going to get destroyed by Georgia so all this crying will become a distant memory.

Reaction Score
Imagine rooting for an undefeated conference champion that does NOT make the CFP. Simply could not be me. The AAC was a better league than the ACC.
Pleased Season 3 GIF by Martin
Dawg, other than Oklahoma and Texas, the highest rated B12 team was ok state at 20. Without the top 2 dogs to prop you up, that's going to be the B12 new reality

Reaction Score
No one else has beaten Clemson at Clemson in six years.

LSU, on the road, with their O'Brien Award winning QB, is tough.

FSU played more P5 bowl eligible teams than those picked.

But....I have really no problems with the picks being maybe the best four if the Committee believes that...a lot of talk was about missing a star QB...I can see that.

And...I think that TCU getting massacred last year might have played in.
O.K., I know you’re a reasonable, calm guy but how can you not be outraged by this. I dislike FSU but I’m outraged. In my mind, it’s very simple. The Committee opted for the 4 teams that Vegas would make the heaviest betting favorites rather than the four teams that accomplished the most in the regular season. That’s outrageous, because to take it to an absurd extreme what would have stopped them from taking a team that’s 8-4, with the 4 losses early without a few star players and then undefeated dominating performances when they come back healthy? Because if that’s what you’re doing, the entire regular season is nothing more than an exhibition season to convince a committee you are, at the end, really good. Who wants that? Who wants to pay for tickets and give up days to watch games that don’t actually count for anything? Why does the NFL, clearly the US’s most popular sport, bother with standings based on wins and losses instead of just deciding who is “best” at the end of the regular season?

What a sham. You should be working with other alum thinking about how to seek an injunction or move to a P-2 conference next year.

Reaction Score
This isn't UCF though. FSU won a P5 league undefeated.
True, but I don’t care about FSU & the ACC. I get they think they’re entitled because they’re P5 but it’s really the same criteria at play. Now suddenly FSU thinks we should ignore conferences & focus only their record. No - their schedule & conference clearly isn’t as good as Alabama’s.

Reaction Score
FSU won't leave the ACC just because they got left out today. With the playoff expanding, they will have a much easier path making the playoff in the ACC than in the SEC or Big 10. They are also going to get destroyed by Georgia so all this crying will become a distant memory.
I am not so sure about that. The statement today is that the ACC is not part of the P2. The last time FSU went undefeated it won the whole nut in 2013. The time before that, 1999. This year, undefeated and it doesn't even get an invite. SEC and B1G programs will now get a loss or 2 cushion over the ACC when it comes time for selections and I really don't see how long FSU or Clemson will tolerate this new pecking order.

Reaction Score
I am not so sure about that. The statement today is that the ACC is not part of the P2. The last time FSU went undefeated it won the whole nut in 2013. The time before that, 1999. This year, undefeated and it doesn't even get an invite. SEC and B1G programs will now get a loss or 2 cushion over the ACC when it comes time for selections and I really don't see how long FSU or Clemson will tolerate this new pecking order.
There will be no Revolution because they would make the 12 team format that starts next year

Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone else has already said this but I believe if Georgia wins then FSU doesn't get screwed. Why? Because the golden goose, aka as the SEC, would be in as the #1 seed and it would've come down to FSU and Texas for the #4:spot.
The committee wouldn't be as hellbent about getting Texas in as getting the SEC in so would have likely picked FSU as #4 in that scenario.
With Bama winning, the only way they knew they could justify getting the SEC in was putting Texas and Bama both in because Texas had the head-to-head tiebreaker on Bama so they more or less had to put them in as package deal so to speak.
If Georgia won, your top 4 would have been Georgia, Michign Wasington, and FSU. The committee was willing to deal with the backlash of leaving unbeaten FSU out in order to make sure they put the SEC in but if the were already in they wouldn't have done the same to get Texas in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
FSU got screwed.
I believe if Georgia wins then FSU doesn't get screwed.
You’re probably right but FSU got robbed. What if any of the other QB’s broke their leg yesterday—Penix? JJ McCarthy? Would that have disqualified their teams? FSU’s defense was awesome and teams often rally to play better than expected. It was a convenient excuse to appease the SEC.

Reaction Score
But this whole thing would be moot in a 12 team playoff. If FSU or Clemson go 13-0 or 12-1 and win the ACC they will be one of the top 4 seeds and get bye every year.

Reaction Score
If Florida State wins its bowl game, will there be controversy over who is the national champion.
No controversy. If FSU, Washington or Michigan win out. They will be National Champs. Texas and Alabama each lost a game so they are out.

Reaction Score
Massey had Alabama SOS #2 and FSU #64. Liberty was at #132 (that had to be some weak schedule as UConn's was #112). That's almost the same difference Liberty to FSU as FSU is to Alabama, that's a big difference in difficulty of schedule. I can see going with Alabama with their one loss being to a CFP team and a victory over one of top 6 CFP teams.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
But this whole thing would be moot in a 12 team playoff. If FSU or Clemson go 13-0 or 12-1 and win the ACC they will be one of the top 4 seeds and get bye every year.
Today's actions just proves you that it's not the case. They went 13-0 and were passed over for the top 4 seeds by the SEC and B1G (UW is B1G now in my eyes). So they'd lose a bye. Everyone saying it's a lot of nothing because they'd be in next year is wrong. They'd be in, but they'd be screwed out of a bye just like they were screwed out of the Top 4.

Reaction Score
Anything that causes chaos in the ACC helps whatever slim opportunity UConn has to get aboard the last train to P-4 status. Root for FSU getting shafted.
Lolol haha!!

Reaction Score
True, but I don’t care about FSU & the ACC. I get they think they’re entitled because they’re P5 but it’s really the same criteria at play. Now suddenly FSU thinks we should ignore conferences & focus only their record. No - their schedule & conference clearly isn’t as good as Alabama’s.
IMO the SEC is still probably the best conference top to bottom, but if people think this is like past years, where there was this huge chasm between the SEC and other leagues, then they haven't been paying attention. The ACC more than held its own with the SEC head to head this season and included a lopsided FSU win over arguably the SEC's third best team on a neutral field (and by a larger, more convincing margin than Bama who played them at home).

I mean, FSU got left out because the QB got hurt. I know FSU and the ACC have rightfully made a lot of enemies on this board, but people trying to make this about the conference are reaching.

Reaction Score
O.K., I know you’re a reasonable, calm guy but how can you not be outraged by this. I dislike FSU but I’m outraged. In my mind, it’s very simple. The Committee opted for the 4 teams that Vegas would make the heaviest betting favorites rather than the four teams that accomplished the most in the regular season. That’s outrageous, because to take it to an absurd extreme what would have stopped them from taking a team that’s 8-4, with the 4 losses early without a few star players and then undefeated dominating performances when they come back healthy? Because if that’s what you’re doing, the entire regular season is nothing more than an exhibition season to convince a committee you are, at the end, really good. Who wants that? Who wants to pay for tickets and give up days to watch games that don’t actually count for anything? Why does the NFL, clearly the US’s most popular sport, bother with standings based on wins and losses instead of just deciding who is “best” at the end of the regular season?

What a sham. You should be working with other alum thinking about how to seek an injunction or move to a P-2 conference next year.

I am not otraged because I can see the reasonableness of the decision.

I do feel badly for the players who worked hard, never gave up, and fought to win for their much loved injured quarterback. This is a group of brothers who never quit when behind.

It was a good year. Going 13-0 is a great year...being State Champs, beating Florida and Miami two years running is great.

And...when you were close to dying 6 months back with cancer, down 65 pounds, being wheeled in a wheelchair down to the radiation room and catching your beloved wife and son exchanging sad looks, you have a different perspective about what matters in life.

I am not outraged at all. I have emailed Boosters to start a campaign to pay Coach the bonus his contract calls for when making the CFP...I wanted my pledge to be among the first, if not the first.

Laugh and the world laughs with you....cry and you cry alone...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom