CBS with it's WCBB Power Rankings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CBS with it's WCBB Power Rankings

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think what it says that on any given day you never know what will happen. Probably more so in conference games where everybody is well acquainted with the other team's players and playing style. I can assure you Colorado wasn't very good (at least not w/out Leonard, who missed most of the season). Washington beat Duke and Ohio St. (who finished in 5th place at 10-8 in the Big 10) in OOC and Oregon St. in the Pac 12 tourney. I can also assure you UW wasn't very good.

edited--right before UW beat Duke they lost to Tulane by 12, and after the Duke win they turned around and lost to Fordham.

Come on now
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif
Leave Duke outta this.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Couldn't CBS Sports have given all Top Four rankings to PAC-12 squads? Having to settle for only three of the top four spots is a bit of a disappointment for us PAC-12 WBB fans.

Pride goeth before the fall. (Help me here. When was the last time a Pac12 team won a National Championship?)

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Pride goeth before the fall. (Help me here. When was the last time a Pac12 team won a National Championship?)
If that's the case, the Huskies fanbase is scheduled to plummet as far and as long as Gandolf the Gray... No shortage of UConn pride in these parts... I believe it's the haughty spirit that precedes the fall. ;)

Reaction Score
If that's the case, the Huskies fanbase is scheduled to plummet as far and as long as Gandolf the Gray... No shortage of UConn pride in these parts... I believe it's the haughty spirit that precedes the fall. ;)

Fair enough (and expected that response). But at least UConn pride is based on past (and recent) results). :rolleyes:

And that pride is offset by UConn fans screaming that the sky is falling after every close win. Head bang

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Fair enough (and expected that response). But at least UConn pride is based on past (and recent) results). :rolleyes:

And that pride is offset by UConn fans screaming that the sky is falling after every close win. Head bang
Yes, no one has a worse chicken little problem than some of the Boneyarders. After the Jones/Boston commitments they made it seem like the House of Geno was imminently about to collapse into permanent ruin. 7 months, 7 commitments, and one Paige Bueckers later, the future is looking as bright as it just about ever has!

Reaction Score
Yes, and that is a shame. Brenda should look for more challenges for her squad early. Maybe that would prevent some of the head scratching eggs her team lays during the course of the regular season in conference play.
I think the OOC scheduling is overrated. Baylor proved last season that you don't need a great OOC to win a championship. Maryland has won the Big 10 regular season or conference title every year since they joined. This season Maryland plays 6 out of 11 OOC games against teams in the RPI top 51 last season.

Reaction Score
I think the OOC scheduling is overrated. Baylor proved last season that you don't need a great OOC to win a championship. Maryland has won the Big 10 regular season or conference title every year since they joined. This season Maryland plays 6 out of 11 OOC games against teams in the RPI top 51 last season.

I think the OCC is a reflection of the coach and program. Do you seek out and embrace challenges, or do you duck tough opponents in an attempt to pad your record?

And by the way, playing a top 51 (51, when is that a thing?) is less impressive then it sounds. How many top 10 teams? How many top 20 teams? Quality of teams drops off pretty dramatically after that. And winning the Big 10? Not much of an accomplishment in recent years.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So let me help you out with some 2 degrees of separation-
1992 Stanford (only other one was 1990) with a player named Jennifer Azzi who has a player named after her Azzi Fudd who we hope Also commits to UConn like Amari DeBerry did tonight!!!! :D

Reaction Score
I suppose UCONN will just have to "Shock the World of NCAA WBB"..... BUT when they win it all in April, will it really be a shock?? :D;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom