Castle's improvement at UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Castle's improvement at UConn

Reaction Score
He’s making out of the world plays that only special players make. He’s a hustler and gets after it on D. That said he’s got plenty of work do on his outside shooting. I guess the G league will clean that up. I wish he’d stay and develop his next level but that isn’t happening.
You should probably pick a different sport to follow.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
That fast break last game when he faked the alley to Karaban & scooped in the layup was so filthy.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
To me he has a great sneaky fast set of hands. When he is going to the hoop he is moving at one speed and then at the very last second those hands do a double or triple take at a much faster speed than before. Above all he is locked in focused and very tough and stays calm. Reminds me of Ray Allen's quote: "Play hard but stay calm". Much easier said than done. Pretty rare for a freshman. Great potential future.

Reaction Score
Castle showed at Providence that he can get to hoop whenever he wants. He’s such an unselfish team guy. Steph would be averaging 18+ per game if he was on a team that needed his offense more

Reaction Score
He’s making out of the world plays that only special players make. He’s a hustler and gets after it on D. That said he’s got plenty of work do on his outside shooting. I guess the G league will clean that up. I wish he’d stay and develop his next level but that isn’t happening.
I think if he drops out of top 13 he should come back for 1 year. Work on his game so he doesn’t end up riding the bench or G League in NBA.

I was watching that kid from UCLA who was 4 year player who is getting tons of minutes / looks like he belonged from Day 1. A case could be made to work on game with NIL $ for another year. Castle’s good enough he‘s not going anywhere in terms of his draft stock falling w/ another year.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Some all-time bad and disrespectful takes on one of our own players in this thread. At least 3 so far worthy of hanging.

Some folks just don't know ball. Castle is a stud and he's going to be a top 10 pick, making millions in the league for many years, with all-star potential. Reminds me of Jimmy Butler.

Reaction Score
Some all-time bad and disrespectful takes on one of our own players in this thread. At least 3 so far worthy of hanging.

Some folks just don't know ball. Castle is a stud and he's going to be a top 10 pick, making millions in the league for many years, with all-star potential. Reminds me of Jimmy Butler.
Saying he needs a reliable deep ball is not heresy. Nobody is saying he isn’t ultra talented.

Reaction Score
First 13 games:
  • FT: 72% (3.5 attempts)
  • 3PT: 20% (1.5 attempts)
Last 12 games:
  • FT: 79% (3.3 attempts) (15/15 in the last 4 games!)
  • 3PT: 38% (2.4 attempts)

His improved shooting has been the big difference. He's an actual threat from deep now on moderate volume. Improvement in his FTs bodes well for his draft position too. Looking like an earlier pick every game.

Reaction Score
Saying he needs a reliable deep ball is not heresy. Nobody is saying he isn’t ultra talented.
Amen and Ausar Thompson are shooting 16% and 18% respectively from 3 and both of them went in the top 5 in last year's draft. Anthony Black shot 30% in college and he went 6th.

Castle, despite a very slow start, is shooting like 31% on the year now. He is a lottery pick who could contribute to an NBA roster today, and will be expected to contribute basically the second he is drafted.

Reaction Score
The thing I find most impressive is how humble he's been. The other day he commented on the help he's had from the older guys and how much he appreciates it.
The fact he's embraced his role on defense and gradually added to his offensive game tells you he's a very mature kid who wants to learn and is not above being coached.
He's not a primma donna who thinks the world revolves around him even though he's so skilled and would surely be hyped to death if he were on Duke or some other "more high profile national programs".

Reaction Score

They draft on potential. He doesn't need to be a great three point threat now, he just needs to show he has the potential to be a good shooter and he has done that. He will be a lottery pick and so will Clingan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom