Castle injury update | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Castle injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess I am old enough not to care what others think. Also Sanogo and Clingan are both classic back to the basket posts. There is little upside to playing them together. Samson is very mobile and is supposed to have a decent midrange jumper.. that is why I think Samson and Clingan will work.
People called for double bigs last year when the two bigs we were talking about were all-big east and a potential first round draft pick.
Dan didn’t go two bigs and I’d say things worked out pretty well. It was covered ad nauseam on here last year - two bigs isn’t worth it on either end in this day and age barring incredibly special circumstances (two bigs who can shoot, multiple injuries, etc).

Reaction Score
People called for double bigs last year when the two bigs we were talking about were all-big east and a potential first round draft pick.
Dan didn’t go two bigs and I’d say things worked out pretty well. It was covered ad nauseam on here last year - two bigs isn’t worth it on either end in this day and age barring incredibly special circumstances (two bigs who can shoot, multiple injuries, etc).
Hurley has said there’s a chance Donovan and Samson could see time together on the court.

Reaction Score
Hurley has said there’s a chance Donovan and Samson could see time together on the court.
Fair. Said the same thing for a bit last year and actually gave it a run for a bit. Doesn’t mean it’s ideal or a solid concept

Reaction Score
Samson has the ability to guard a wing on the perimeter that neither of our bigs last year had. That makes it possible to play him with DC. Whether we see it or not will depend on whether, when Karaban takes a rare break, is he better at the 4 than Steward or can we get away with playing four small.

Reaction Score
Samson has the ability to guard a wing on the perimeter that neither of our bigs last year had. That makes it possible to play him with DC. Whether we see it or not will depend on whether, when Karaban takes a rare break, is he better at the 4 than Steward or can we get away with playing four small.
I like Samson’s offensive game but he seems lost trying to play the 5 on defense. Besides his general athleticism I don’t think he’s shown anything that says he can guard 4s.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
If ever there was an opportunity to do it, it would be the game today. A starting lineup of DC, SJ, AK, TN and CS definitely covers the size issue. Plus you give SJ the chance to start a game on national television. Kind of a reward for believing and sticking around. Personally, I like the idea just for today because IU if they play without their PG really is not a threat from three and giving SJ a start could help him more with his confidence.

Reaction Score

Agree he has the ability but can he? I mean he’s not proven to be an effective defender as of yet which wouldn’t seem to make this duo very good together. But who knows might as well try it today they’re bigger than us for sure.

Reaction Score
Does he though? He's picking up touch fouls all the time guarding 5's, that's only gonna get worse guarding quicker players. I'm just not sure it's worth risking our only backup big man in the rotation picking up cheap fouls at the 4 for at best a marginal gain on defense and a pretty major step back on offense

Reaction Score
If ever there was an opportunity to do it, it would be the game today. A starting lineup of DC, SJ, AK, TN and CS definitely covers the size issue. Plus you give SJ the chance to start a game on national television. Kind of a reward for believing and sticking around. Personally, I like the idea just for today because IU if they play without their PG really is not a threat from three and giving SJ a start could help him more with his confidence.
Good idea in theory but with DC probably maxing out at 24-25 mins, you would be looking for 30 out of Samson in this scenario OR playing small in stretches which isnt the right fit for this Indiana teams size.

Reaction Score

Agreed. I am not a double-big guy at all generally, but today might be the day to see it if we do. They have a big front line. If we are getting killed on defense, Karaban on Mgbako would help.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
It would be foolish to play two back to the basket posts together. Clingan and Sanogo are both traditional back to the basket players. They will not coexist. Samson is not a back to the basket player. The logic used last year doesn't apply to this year. Clingan/Sanogo and Clingan/Samson are two different skill sets. This is not last years team and DH will coach these players differently than last year. I do believe I saw both players on the court at the same time against Indiana. Did you?

Reaction Score
I do believe I saw both players on the court at the same time against Indiana. Did you?
Very very briefly, once at the end of the half and once again in the second but I forget about when. Not sure we’ll be seeing a ton of it going forward

Reaction Score
I too saw them on the court at the same time for a few minutes.

Didn't notice any particular designed plays where one complemented the other or any high low post plays or anything out of the ordinary.

Maybe, that will happen in another game.

Reaction Score
Very very briefly, once at the end of the half and once again in the second but I forget about when. Not sure we’ll be seeing a ton of it going forward
2:16 in the first half (12:35-10:09) and our lead went from 12-8 to 16-11 and then 1:00 in the 2nd half (4:19-3:19) and our lead went from 68-48 to 71-50. So a pretty non-eventful pairing in both short stints

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just leave the strategy to Hurley. He knows better than any of us who to run out there and when.

But then what would we talk about this week?

Why pumpkin pie is a trash dessert. Solid crust, lattice, or crumbles on top of apple pie?

Cranberry sauce. Lifeless log served out of can or fresh made??

Reaction Score
Last season we had:
Samson (game 1 starter) missed most of the season.
Karaban (starter for most the year) missed a few weeks in the pre-season and was just getting back into the groove when season started.
Hawkins (starter) concussion, missed 2 games
Jackson (starter) broken hand, missed 3 games

Just so happened that all the injuries happened early in the season. But still had plenty of injuries.
Basketball is a game of legs. Feet and knee injuries are what’s concerning long term. The other injuries are bumps in the road. Anyone who thinks Donovan’s foot is not impacting his game right now is kidding themselves. Yesterday, there were a few dunk opportunities he missed that he would have made with a little more explosion. The same goes for blocked shots. However, he still impacted the game.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
But then what would we talk about this week?

Why pumpkin pie is a trash dessert. Solid crust, lattice, or crumbles on top of apple pie?

Cranberry sauce. Lifeless log served out of can or fresh made??
Sweet potato pie >>> Pumpkin and Apple Pie.

Cranberry sauce is a 2 Americas Thanksgiving dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom