Cardoso to miss Gamecocks game with UConn? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cardoso to miss Gamecocks game with UConn?

Reaction Score
How so? South Carolina is a terrible match up for UConn with or without Cardoso, especially on the road. UConn can only win again small, slower teams as Geno has implied. That’s not South Carolina.

So you’re just writing them off before the game has even started. Smh… guess I know who you’ll be routing for in that game

@visitingcock not all of us UConn fans disagree with you.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Ah, so you're getting on a Connecticut board to tell us that we "have a shot at beating you" because one of your players is out, in a season when we've lost several including two starters?

I see. How magnanimous of you!
This is the general board, not the UCONN board. Not everything will have blue tinted glasses here.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
How so? South Carolina is a terrible match up for UConn with or without Cardoso, especially on the road. UConn can only win again small, slower teams as Geno has implied. That’s not South Carolina.
That UConn game is never an easy win for SC. I can only remember one game out of the dozen or so times we’ve played where SC had a relatively easy win.. and that was when we beat UConn by 25.

A team with Bueckers is capable of anything. I expect this year to be no different.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is the general board, not the UCONN board. Not everything will have blue tinted glasses here.
This is the general woman's basketball sub forum of The Boneyard UConn Fan site. You didn't know that?

Reaction Score
That UConn game is never an easy win for SC. I can only remember one game out of the dozen or so times we’ve played where SC had a relatively easy win.. and that was when we beat UConn by 25.

A team with Bueckers is capable of anything. I expect this year to be no different.
I'd say there have been three pretty lopsided ones in the past five, but I do think missing Cardoso could have an impact.

I like that the stakes probably aren't so high on SCar's end though.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is the general woman's basketball sub forum of The Boneyard UConn Fan site. You didn't know that?
This is a neutral board. It was set up so that the other board could be UConn-centric

UConn fans, please stop lecturing fans of other teams here. This is not debatable

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Uconn has 2 bigs and they don't usually play on the floor at the same time, both of which are playing out of position. You could show up blind folded with hands tied behind your back and escape with an easy win. The match up is too much for this UConn team.
? Last year, an Aliyah Boston-led South Carolina eked out a 4 point win against a team that featured 5 starters and one freshman reserve (Ayanna) that played only 14 minutes. Lou was playing on basically one leg. Still, So Carolina needed a bad non-call on the illegal sideline handoff to hold off the Huskies. Why would you think the Huskies have no chance this year?

CL82

Reaction Score
This is a neutral board. It was set up so that the other board could be UConn-centric

UConn fans, please stop lecturing fans of other teams here. This is not debatable
Respectfully, Nan, when somebody comes onto this sub forum and says oh since one of our players is temporarily out you "might have a shot" at beating us. That is inviting a reply, right? I would never do that on another team's board, because frankly, I think it's classless, especially given that we've got two starters out, are missing another two bags, and just lost Aubrey. As with every other place on the Internet, if you're going to post provocative things, you are likely to get a response from someone who has a different opinion.

Reaction Score
Respectfully, Nan, when somebody comes onto this sub forum and says oh since one of our players is temporarily out you "might have a shot" at beating us. That is inviting a reply, right? I would never do that on another team's board, because frankly, I think it's classless, especially given that we've got two starters out, are missing another two bags, and just lost Aubrey. As with every other place on the Internet, if you're going to post provocative things, you are likely to get a response from someone who has a different opinion.
I don’t remember using those words “might have a shot” I have erased my texts in attempt to settle this down. But, I said that the loss of Kamilla , the highest scorer and rebounder from an eleven player roster was significant. If I did say that y’all “ might have a shot,” it was in response to two other posters, UConn fans, who said that UConn won’t have a shot.

I’m sorry if I offended in thinking that UConn can win. It was certainly not intended as an insult because I think UConn could win even if Kamilla plays.

I’m out of this thread ( again.) peace and good luck on the season

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The General WBB board isn’t a UConn board. Think of it as the neutral United Nations of WBB that just happens to be located in Manhattan aka the UConn Boneyard

CL82

Reaction Score
I don’t remember using those words “might have a shot” I have erased my texts in attempt to settle this down. But, I said that the loss of Kamilla , the highest scorer and rebounder from an eleven player roster was significant. If I did say that y’all “ might have a shot,” it was in response to two other posters, UConn fans, who said that UConn won’t have a shot.

I’m sorry if I offended in thinking that UConn can win. It was certainly not intended as an insult because I think UConn could win even if Kamilla plays.

You can still see what you posted if you go up and click on the posters who replied to you, like me and others. It felt a little tone deaf to me to talk about the temporary loss of Cardozo as "giving us a shot" given how much we've lost for the season and especially coming on the heels of the loss of Aubrey Griffin, possibly for her career.

I have no issue whatsoever with you as a poster, but that particular post came across as being tone deaf to me.

CL82

Reaction Score
The General WBB board isn’t a UConn board. Think of it as the neutral United Nations of WBB that just happens to be located in Manhattan aka the UConn Boneyard
Okay, but even in the United Nations, the host nation gets to respond to comments made by guest nations.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You can still see what you posted if you go up and click on the posters who replied to you, like me and others. It felt a little tone deaf to me to talk about the temporary loss of Cardozo as "giving us a shot" given how much we've lost for the season and especially coming on the heels of the loss of Aubrey Griffin, possibly for her career.

I have no issue whatsoever with you as a poster, but that particular post came across as being tone deaf to me.
There are posts that were removed by the posters that visitingcock was responding to.

You’ve picked an odd hill to die on

CL82

Reaction Score
There are posts that were removed by the posters that visitingcock was responding to.

You’ve picked an odd hill to die on
I had an opinion Nan on a post that was made here. The original poster and I have no issue with each other, so it is only other peoples commentary that is keeping the discussion going.

Just saying.

Reaction Score
? Last year, an Aliyah Boston-led South Carolina eked out a 4 point win against a team that featured 5 starters and one freshman reserve (Ayanna) that played only 14 minutes. Lou was playing on basically one leg. Still, So Carolina needed a bad non-call on the illegal sideline handoff to hold off the Huskies. Why would you think the Huskies have no chance this year?
Basketball is about match ups. Last year I thought our starting five were a good match up for South Carolina. This year they are a terrible match up for us not just because of their size but also their quickness. I just don’t see us having a chance in this game, no matter who plays or doesn’t for South Carolina.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I have yet to see my take on this, so I’ll give it. :)

With or without Cardoso SC has the better frontcourt, or at least the better rebounding frontcourt. I don’t think UConn wins many rebounding battles this year and what happens with Cardoso is not going to change that with SC.

However, UConn is winning games convincingly now because small ball is working for them. Guards come first in both offense and defense. If you are turning over the ball before a shot then the value of your shooting or rebounding efficiencies lessens. Similarly, if guards are hitting their midrange jumpers and three point shots well, then the value of rim protection and rebounding lessens as well. This contributes to why folks call basketball a guard’s game, partly because they are involved the most and also because they are involved first, sometimes negating the value of the frontcourt.

Understanding that, SC likely would be handicapped much more by losing Johnson against UConn than Cardoso. I think UConn might have a slight advantage in the backcourt, but if SC did not have Johnson UConn would have a distinct advantage and a good shot at winning, even with Cardoso in the line up.

SC is dangerous not just because they have a 6’7” center, but also because they have outstanding guards.

Reaction Score
Regardless of who’s playing in this game it will be intense. One thing to remember is that freshmen (on both sides) will be playing significant minutes. The game is a sellout so that’s 18,000+ fans. Boy, SC are being treated to some terrific home games. 3 Sundays in a row we get Vanderbilt, Ole Miss and UConn and then 2 weeks later Tennessee. Playing Vandy right before UConn will be advantageous I think. Maybe will give us a chance to clean up some things we don’t get right. In between we will be AT A&M, AT Tenn, and AT LSU... Whew.

Reaction Score
Regardless of who’s playing in this game it will be intense. One thing to remember is that freshmen (on both sides) will be playing significant minutes. The game is a sellout so that’s 18,000+ fans. Boy, SC are being treated to some terrific home games. 3 Sundays in a row we get Vanderbilt, Ole Miss and UConn and then 2 weeks later Tennessee. Playing Vandy right before UConn will be advantageous I think. Maybe will give us a chance to clean up some things we don’t get right. In between we will be AT A&M, AT Tenn, and AT LSU... Whew.
I don’t see a blow out being intense.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

You're one of the good ones, @visitingcock !

UConn fans are, understandably, in a touchy state on the whole topic of player unavailability amid this protracted plague of locusts I mean injuries.

Let's all (myself included) just breathe and try to enjoy this game we all love. In the end, it's only that.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
And may I just say for the 100th time - thank you to you and your fellow mods for hosting and supervising it. The Boneyard is easily the best source for NCAAWB intel, commentary and comradery anywhere on the web. As a mod of my own fan board, I am acutely aware how thankless this job is, and even more so when it's not even dedicated to your own alma mater. ❤️

Reaction Score

UConn is always a premium game.

Not as sure about the others.

Reaction Score
UConn is always a premium game.

Not as sure about the others.
There’s good talent on every team. I just watched Auburn beat LSU. All of those games will be fun to watch And I hope we win them all.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
And may I just say for the 100th time - thank you to you and your fellow mods for hosting and supervising it. The Boneyard is easily the best source for NCAAWB intel, commentary and comradery anywhere on the web. As a mod of my own fan board, I am acutely aware how thankless this job is, and even more so when it's not even dedicated to your own alma mater. ❤️
I moderated an urban affairs message board for a week before I said it wasn't worth continuing. I have enough stress at work to add stress during leisure time. That's why I appreciate Nan so much. I'm not a member of your board, but I'm sure you do an equally terrific job.

Reaction Score
There’s good talent on every team. I just watched Auburn beat LSU. All of those games will be fun to watch And I hope we win them all.
Days more about LSU but I'll give Auburn credit for having a really hostile environment.

WBB is really popular sport these days. 0-3 squad filling up an arena would have been unheard of 20 years ago.

Reaction Score
Days more about LSU but I'll give Auburn credit for having a really hostile environment.

WBB is really popular sport these days. 0-3 squad filling up an arena would have been unheard of 20 years ago.
Sounded like mostly LSU fans from the tv. Impressive they traveled so well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom