Calhoun starting over Adams | The Boneyard

Calhoun starting over Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That looks like way not enough ballhandling. If Adams isn't ready, at least get Purvis back in the starting lineup.

And, yes, January 23 is too late to be experimenting. This needed to be set a month ago.

Reaction Score
I don't like it. I understand rewarding Omar for a good game but he can't handle and we need it with that lineup.

Reaction Score
This is just bizzare . Just start purvis it's not that difficult ko

Reaction Score
With all the mixed lineups, Ollie has really never allowed Gibbs, Miller, Purvis and Hamilton to get to know one another. They needed to be out there for 35 minutes a few games, run ragged, tongues hanging. Gibbs early in the season was in a funk. He and Miller are coming on. I really would like to see Purvis and Hamilton out there with them for extended minutes. Especially since they have no Brimah.

More than anything the team needs those 5 working together with Facey and Adams providing relief, Calhoun and Nolan making cameos.

Reaction Score
WHAT IS THAT DRINK I SEE KO SIPPING FROM JUST BEFORE TIP, IS OUR COACH DRINKING BEFORE GAMES? COSMOS AT THAT?! MAKES SENSE WE ARE SEEING THESE NONSENSE LINEUPS

Reaction Score
Omar was horrible today. This was his chance to show us something and he spit the bit.
He was REALLY bad.....I can't believe after all this time playing basketball, as a guard, that he can't dribble.

Reaction Score
It was Calhoun's first start since last January at Houston. Freshman Jalen Adams had started the prior two games for the Huskies, but began the game on the bench for what appears to be disciplinary reasons.

"It was something internal," said Ollie, "and we'll go back the next two days and evaluate who we're starting next game

Reaction Score
I don't understand all the Omar hating on this thread. I thought he had a decent showing. He played solid defense, he's a reliable senior who won't make bonehead mistakes, he didn't turn the ball over & had some solid penetration to the hoop and dish offs to big men i.e. his penetration in the fist half where he dumped it off to Phil for the easy lay up late in the shot clock.

I really don't want to see Purvis in the starting lineup anytime soon. I still feel he is the perfect player to come off the bench for us. Brings that energy and aggression that we were lacking from the bench.

I feel Ollie's thought process today was to just start the game with his most reliable, consistent, seasoned veterans. If they needed a spark they have the scrappy and aggressive play off the bench at all positions in Purvis, Jalen & Facey.

Reaction Score
I don't understand all the Omar hating on this thread. I thought he had a decent showing. He played solid defense, he's a reliable senior who won't make bonehead mistakes, he didn't turn the ball over & had some solid penetration to the hoop and dish offs to big men i.e. his penetration in the fist half where he dumped it off to Phil for the easy lay up late in the shot clock.

I really don't want to see Purvis in the starting lineup anytime soon. I still feel he is the perfect player to come off the bench for us. Brings that energy and aggression that we were lacking from the bench.

I feel Ollie's thought process today was to just start the game with his most reliable, consistent, seasoned veterans. If they needed a spark they have the scrappy and aggressive play off the bench at all positions in Purvis, Jalen & Facey.

AND he took that solid charge on defense too...forgot about that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
AND he took that solid charge on defense too...forgot about that.

He had no points. And his normal couple of lazy passes to the other team. We need more from a senior starter than a couple of assists and a charge taken.

Reaction Score
He had no points. And his normal couple of lazy passes to the other team. We need more from a senior starter than a couple of assists and a charge taken.

He's a role player, not a focal point of the team. He played his role and did is solidly. How much more do you need from the guy. He's reliable all I'm saying.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The kid's been playing much better. One quiet game doesn't wipe that away.

True. But he got the start and he squandered it. If he was truly comin' he would have ran with it. That's what bothers me most.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Purvis, Gibbs, and Calhoun are all essentially the same player. OC has earned the start with his consistent energetic play. I have no problem with him getting his name announced on a national TV game.

Reaction Score
True. But he got the start and he squandered it. If he was truly comin' he would have ran with it. That's what bothers me most.

Given the ineptitude of the offense generally, I have a hard time singling him out. Although I still don't think (acknowledging that we're not at practice) there's really any good reason why he should be starting. Deciding to bring Purvis off the bench for energy is one thing - and I really think Rodney has to be on the court as much as possible - but starting the game with Rodney and Jalen on the bench was inexplicable.

Reaction Score
Purvis, Gibbs, and Calhoun are all essentially the same player. OC has earned the start with his consistent energetic play. I have no problem with him getting his name announced on a national TV game.
The first part of this makes no sense. But I'll leave that.

Purvis, in particular, always plays with energy. I get the idea of putting him on the bench, but he is always working on defense and always brings something on offense. His shooting has been in a bit of a slump, but he's still our second leading scorer on 46% shooting from the line and 40% from 3.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
What?

They are all incomplete 2 guards. RP shoots a little better, Gibbs handles and drives a little better, and OC rebounds and plays defense a little better. They all need an open look to be accurate from 3 and all have a tough time finishing in traffic and making good decisions with the ball.

On a team with an elite level PG they'd all be fighting for minutes as a spot up 3pt shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom