Butler hires Thad Matta | The Boneyard

Butler hires Thad Matta

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
image.jpeg

Reaction Score
Big East has now overtaken the SEC as the coaches league. Big East has the most brand name/Big name lineup of accomplished coaches in the country.
It’s a close battle between the two but top to bottom the Big East wins out. No other conference really comes close to the coaching lineups in the BE and SEC right now

Reaction Score
Rumor I heard (think from Norlander?) was that he'd be going into the AD and Boals would be HC. But looks like he's going to coach. Cool.

Reaction Score
Rumor I heard (think from Norlander?) was that he'd be going into the AD and Boals would be HC. But looks like he's going to coach. Cool.
He’s the HC.

Reaction Score
And on top of that they saved $100,000 when they sacked Jordan!
That's it?

If that's true, that's totally messed up Butler waited so long to let him and his staff go.

Reaction Score
Big East is a who's who of coaching, Hurley needs to step his game up.
If he doesnt he’s gonna get taken to the woodshed by the coaches in the league. No more excuses time to produce when it counts

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Thad Matta, if he can get back what he had before the health issues derailed him, is instantly a top 10 coach in the country.

He was the guy I was hoping we'd get to replace KO. Obviously with his health that was never going to happen that quickly after his "retirement".

Holy wow the Big East coaching ranks is stacked.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Can't predict the future, but a lot of these brand name Big East coaches also seem to be in the conference to stay.

Wright, McDerrmott, Cooley and Hurley all long-term guys. Shakka probably at Marquette long-term unless Wisconsin job opens up in the future. Thad could be at Butler to stay if this works out with his health.

Only one who probably jumps ship at first chance is Sean Miller because that guy is only about himself.

And Ewing will be at Georgetown for the rest of his college coaching career...

Reaction Score
If he doesnt he’s gonna get taken to the woodshed by the coaches in the league. No more excuses time to produce when it counts

My view of Dan Hurley of Jersey City is that this is the Big East Conference he wants. He wants full arenas and passion. Tough road games. Georgetown being 1985 Hoyas. I would rather just stomp other conferences BS. Recruit and develop. Let part of college basketball be a cesspool. You can circle the wagons on this 11 University grouping and play elite level. Having said that ... I expect the UCONN fanbase to have issues. Playing a rowdy Providence Civic Center or Hinkle or Marquette or Omaha is not ever gonna be easy in the next few years. Let's optimize what we can do with our Brand. We have to get better.

The comment about everybody liking Thad Motta. I love that Jim Calhoun has his slice of haters. I love the guy. Vive la differance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom