Build your starting 5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Build your starting 5

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I thought I'd posted last night, but evidently not, and just as well. This is a really well-designed grid to make one think about the players and to stimulate discussion.

My point of view: the upper-left 2x2 (Clark, Fudd, Miles, Mikesell) are clearly above the rest of the 1-2's. I could live with Miller and/or van Lith. Last column, Boston and Holmes are tops, as are Brink and Edwards in the fourth column. There's lots to like in column 3.

I'm going with (top to bottom):

Clark
Mikesell
Edwards
Joens
Holmes

Clark/Mikesell vs Miles/Fudd is basically a tossup for me. Both pairs for me are far enough above other 1/2 combinations to outweigh any advantage Boston and Brink have over Holmes and Edwards.

Reaction Score
I'd be pressing that team full court.
That was my first thought, since it wouldn’t be the quickest team. But if Edwards could manage to inbound the ball to Fudd, I suspect the press would be really vulnerable to the bigs at the other end. These are all really good passing bigs.

Reaction Score
That was my first thought, since it wouldn’t be the quickest team. But if Edwards could manage to inbound the ball to Fudd, I suspect the press would be really vulnerable to the bigs at the other end. These are all really good passing bigs.
My biggest worry was Brink fouling out. However, since she’s my favorite player who isn’t a Husky, I had to pick her. In the half court, I’d put Fudd and Siegrest out on the wing. Edwards and Brink play from 17 feet and in. I’m parking Morrow under the basket. With that set up, I’m going to get every rebound and a chance to kick out to the 3 point line. On the other end, Morrow , Edwards and Brink are good defenders, so I like my chances.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I'll follow the rules as laid out by the Jr. All-Star Girls Basketball folks and take one from each horizontal row.
It's an interesting exercise.

• Caitlin Clark
  • Olivia Miles
  • Aaliyah Edwards
  • Ashlie Joens
  • McKenzie Holmes

I had no trouble with rows 1-3. Clark and Miles can both run point and slide over to off guard (Miles often lets Citron or Mabrey bring the ball up). And right now I think Edwards is playing lights out.

The issue was: whom did I want paired with Aaliyah? At first I was leaning to Alyssan Morrow and then choosing Maddie Siegrist. But I'm not convinced that Morrow being the center of all things DePaul wouldn't throw things off a tad, so I went with McKenzie Holmes who knows how to play with both guards and bigs. And then chose Joens for the bigger guard slot. Clark and Miles would find her early and often.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Miles
Latson
Siegrest
Edwards
Boston

This would be the lineup I prefer, the frontcourt is strong defensively and hard to guard one on one. Triple and quadrapling the post would leave great perimeter shooters open and you have a PG who can really pass the ball well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom