Build your starting 5 | The Boneyard

Build your starting 5

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Miles, Fudd, Jones, Brink, Boston. (Yup, my Stanford bias is showing.) With a bench team of Osborne, Siegrist, Miller, Edwards, and Pili.

Clark and Reese are incredible one-women shows, but I'm less sure how they blend on a team of all-stars (same to lesser degrees, with Van Lith and Kelly).

Thanks for posting - this is a great exercise.

Reaction Score
Miles, Fudd, Miller, Pilli, and Boston. Feistiness + Bully Ball + a sweet shooter... that's my team. :cool:
OK. They had me confused at first because I was thinking MS Excel. Row vs Column. Whew! Now that I got that out of the way: Clark, Fudd, Miller, Edwards, Boston.

Reaction Score
It's a joke that Siegrist isn't even among the 20.

That said, those of you who have omitted her don't understand or appreciate Caitlin Clark. She does everything Miles does and better, and showing during the summer of '21 what she'd do playing with all-stars, running the show for the U.S. U-19 international tournament team, winning the MVP and doing it with assists and her leadership.

Oh, well, ye of little faith.

Anyway, Clark, Boston, Edwards, Jones and, yes, Reese, with (a healthy) Fudd, Brink and Siegrist my first three from off the bench.

Reaction Score
I disqualified myself when I thought VanSloten was a 4 not a 3.

Ranked by position, would be an interesting read.

Replace Azzi with Lopez Senechal and ranked by position, would be a more interesting read.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It's a joke that Siegrist isn't even among the 20.

That said, those of you who have omitted her don't understand or appreciate Caitlin Clark. She does everything Miles does and better, and showing during the summer of '21 what she'd do playing with all-stars, running the show for the U.S. U-19 international tournament team, winning the MVP and doing it with assists and her leadership.

Oh, well, ye of little faith.

Anyway, Clark, Boston, Edwards, Jones and, yes, Reese, with (a healthy) Fudd, Brink and Siegrist my first three from off the bench.

Siegrist is listed. There are 25 players, you will have to click on the tweet to see the whole picture

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
OK. They had me confused at first because I was thinking MS Excel. Row vs Column. Whew! Now that I got that out of the way: Clark, Fudd, Miller, Edwards, Boston.

I didn't read the part about one player per row, so I picked the 5 players I wanted. Then I went back and re-read the row part... and I cheated and picked by columns.. and it was the same 5 players. :D

Following the rules of rows vs columns, the only change I would have would be Diamond Johnson instead of Fudd. I know Siegrest is supposed to be a heck of a player, but I can't recall ever seeing her play, so I didn't pick her. Diamond Johnson is small for a two, but Miles can guard the two on defense.

PG Miles SG Johnson SF Miller PF Pilli C Boston. We going to Dallas :cool:

Reaction Score
I didn't read the part about one player per row, so I picked the 5 players I wanted. Then I went back and re-read the row part... and I cheated and picked by columns.. and it was the same 5 players. :D

Following the rules of rows vs columns, the only change I would have would be Diamond Johnson instead of Fudd. I know Siegrest is supposed to be a heck of a player, but I can't recall ever seeing her play, so I didn't pick her. Diamond Johnson is small for a two, but Miles can guard the two on defense.

PG Miles SG Johnson SF Miller PF Pilli C Boston. We going to Dallas :cool:
You sure did. This is hilarious because I was initially going to reply to your post with: You Cheated!!! I realized that their Row and your Row is different from mine. :D It’s all good though.

Reaction Score
Siegrist is listed. There are 25 players, you will have to click on the tweet to see the whole picture
Apologies. Thanks, triad.

Now having finally figured that out, I won't change my starting five but will add that Holmes might get my vote as the most under noticed player in the country.

Reaction Score
Like this thread.

Clark (for PG)
Brink (for the post)
Miller (a stay out of foul trouble Miller would be great)
Joens (my SG)
Holmes (my PF)

If you are not picking a 5 player staring lineup then I would pick other players.

Reaction Score
I don't like how the rows are organized. I'd take many of the players on the top two rows over those at the bottom.

Ideally: Clark, Fudd, Joens, Brink, Boston

Following the guidelines: Miles PG, Johnson SG, Joens SF, Edwards PF, Boston C

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Top row: Clark (PG)
2nd row: Brink (C)
3rd row: Miller (SF)
4th row: Latson (SG)
5th row: Siegrist (PF)

Siegrist is a steal on 5th row. Jacy Sheldon should be on here somewhere. Love Vanslooten but nowhere near worthy of 2nd row (yet).

Reaction Score
Clark (PG)
Fudd (SG)
Miller (SF)
Brink (PF)
Boston (C)

Reaction Score
Miles (PG)
Fudd (SG)
Miller (SF)
Brink (PF)
Boston (C)

PF was the toughest pick for me, all of them are great players. I went back and forth on Edwards, Reese and Brink. They’re all tough, aggressive and energetic defenders, but Brink is a little bit taller than the other two so I went with her.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Miles (PG)
Fudd (SG)
Miller (SF)
Brink (PF)
Boston (C)

PF was the toughest pick for me, all of them are great players. I went back and forth on Edwards, Reese and Brink. They’re all tough, aggressive and energetic defenders, but Brink is a little bit taller than the other two so I went with her.

Boston and Fudd are on the same row.

Reaction Score
Top row: Clark (PG)
2nd row: Brink (C)
3rd row: Miller (SF)
4th row: Latson (SG)
5th row: Siegrist (PF)

Siegrist is a steal on 5th row. Jacy Sheldon should be on here somewhere. Love Vanslooten but nowhere near worthy of 2nd row (yet).
You're probably correct with Siegrist over Holmes.

Reaction Score
Boston, Brink, Miller, Osborne and Cooke. I know Cooke will shoot it and I have rebounders when she misses!

Reaction Score
1). Miles
2). Azzi
3). Maddy
4). Pili
5). Edwards

My ultimate starting 5:
Miles, Azzi, Haley, Maddy, and Boston

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Boston and Fudd are on the same row.
I thought that you have to pick a player from each vertical row.

It appears they are grouped according to their positions. First group from top to bottom are the pg’s, next the shooting guards, etc etc till the last row which has all the centers.

Reaction Score
I thought that you have to pick a player from each vertical row.

It appears they are grouped according to their positions. First group from top to bottom are the pg’s, next the shooting guards, etc etc till the last row which has all the centers.
That is what it looks like, but if you look at the twitter thread/comments the person who started this said rows are horizontal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom