OT: - Bryan Colangelo (76ers President of Operations) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Bryan Colangelo (76ers President of Operations)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's not unfortunate. Dude's a legacy kid with a big ego and thin skin who's awful at his job. I love watching people like that fall.

In other news... they seem to have found another Colangelo burner on the REAL GM forums:

I love it.

Yep. Love it when Irsay looks like an idiot. Can't happen often enough.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's not unfortunate. Dude's a legacy kid with a big ego and thin skin who's awful at his job. I love watching people like that fall.

In other news... they seem to have found another Colangelo burner on the REAL GM forums:

I love it.

Really really really hoping that's his wife.

Reaction Score
Yep. Love it when Irsay looks like an idiot. Can't happen often enough.
Really really really hoping that's his wife.
Wife seems to at least be Colangelo’s story. If he gets fired anyway and she took the fall for him she’s incredible and deserves the never question her again slave for life this guarantees her.

Reaction Score
Wife seems to at least be Colangelo’s story. If he gets fired anyway and she took the fall for him she’s incredible and deserves the never question her again slave for life this guarantees her.

I genuinely believe at least a few of the accounts are the wife. There's an occasion where there are tweets while Colangelo was at a conference, she's Italian and one of the accounts puts the $ sign after dollar amount instead of before (3$), the accounts follow random Italian tweeters, the grammar is generally terrible and more indicative of 2nd language, etc.

Of course, the best case scenario is he still told her legally questionable stuff and team strategy things which she spouted off to everyone about. Good enough for me to fire him anyways, especially since he got her to private the accounts within an hour, which indicates he had a good idea of who was doing it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Of course, the best case scenario is he still told her legally questionable stuff and team strategy things which she spouted off to everyone about. Good enough for me to fire him anyways, especially since he got her to private the accounts within an hour, which indicates he had a good idea of who was doing it.

That's definitely a fireable offense for a guy in his position. Can't have that.

Reaction Score
That's definitely a fireable offense for a guy in his position. Can't have that.
Agreed, if it really was his wife or at least the public/league buys that defense then he's got the possibility to work in the NBA again, but not for Philly. But imagine that ridiculous contract that would have him agree not to talk about team matters with his immediate family. Absurd.

I Listened to Zach Lowe talk about this and he alluded to fact that Colangelo is notoriously thin-skinned (more or less said most media around the league have had Colangelo complain about stories/slights) = I'm even more convinced it was him.

I'm very on the record of disagreeing with Hinkie's strategy (wasn't good enough at drafting, too many injury risks drafted, too many years thrown away while still charging admission), but at this point I'd consider bringing him back because it'd be great public relations and Hinkie's process might be best employed with an imperative of getting from playoffs to championship.

Reaction Score
So Colangelo agrees to step down and releases a statement blaming his wife but claiming no knowledge. I can see that one or two of the accounts were at least used by his wife but I don't buy either the no knowledge or the solely her. The wiped phone kind of proves this. But Colangelo steps down in exchange for Sixers and search firm agreeing to publicly espouse the wife did it theory. Provides enough cover that maybe in a year or two he can work again.

It'd be such a great story if they bring back Hinkie. Please!!
We need it to see if he can really succeed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom