OT: - Bryan Colangelo (76ers President of Operations) | The Boneyard

OT: Bryan Colangelo (76ers President of Operations)

Reaction Score
It is being reported that Colangelo has used 5 burner accounts on twitter to criticize his own players, such as Embiid, Fultz, Okafor and Noel. Also, some of these accounts have taken shots at Raptors President Masai Ujiri, who took Colangelo’s job in Toronto, and Sixers former GM Sam Hinkie. The full story is pretty interesting and incredibly odd, if you have the time to check it out. Bizarre news.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Here's the story. You HAVE TO read it:

The Curious Case of Bryan Colangelo and the Secret Twitter Account

A couple additional notes:

Twitter users confirmed that multiple burner account phone numbers end in 91, and Philly beat writers confirmed that Colangelo's phone number ends in 91

The original, still anonymous source works in AI. So does Hinkie:

This is the most amazing sports story I can think of in a long, long time. This is MUCH worse than manti te'o.

Reaction Score
Another tap on the breaks for those projecting Philly championships a bit prematurely.

In related story LeBron still hasn't hired a PA based real estate agent, but he bought a home in Brentwood.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I thought it was chapvilwaug?
The chap ID has long been burnt. That's the whole point of a burner acct. Once it's been deactivated, there are no footprints. No trail of cookie crumbs to follow. It's gone and that entity ceases to exist.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
@mauconnfan is definitely Marcus Williams' burner account. Bitter he didn't get to start over Taliek in 2004.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Talk about being just a bit passive-aggressive.

Reaction Score
These accounts are definitely his. When the guy from the Ringer contacted the Sixers the accounts went dark in hours.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I tried to make sense of this and just gave myself a headache.

Reaction Score
He has to get fired right?! Just no way he can continue to deal with either Embiid or Fultz with any trust or credibility. I agree 99.9% the accounts are his or his & his families.
Although I did like imagining the twitter suggested conspiracy theory that Hinkie created the accounts, purposefully mimicked Colangelo's twitter account follows and language as an ultimate troll to get Colangelo fired. Hinkie is smart, patient and diabolical enough for that to seem plausible.

Reaction Score
He has to get fired right?! Just no way he can continue to deal with either Embiid or Fultz with any trust or credibility. I agree 99.9% the accounts are his or his & his families.
Although I did like imagining the twitter suggested conspiracy theory that Hinkie created the accounts, purposefully mimicked Colangelo's twitter account follows and language as an ultimate troll to get Colangelo fired. Hinkie is smart, patient and diabolical enough for that to seem plausible.
I am really rooting for another twist to the story. It's already crazy

Reaction Score
I am really rooting for another twist to the story. It's already crazy
Unfortunately I just think it ends really badly for Colangelo. This is the work equivalent of getting caught cheating on your wife by a preponderance of damning evidence and trying to explain any of it just digs a deeper hole. There is no way anyone can trust him with confidential information again. The team might get sued by Jahlil Okafor etc... Also his collars are weird ;)

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Unfortunately I just think it ends really badly for Colangelo.
It's not unfortunate. Dude's a legacy kid with a big ego and thin skin who's awful at his job. I love watching people like that fall.

In other news... they seem to have found another Colangelo burner on the REAL GM forums:

I love it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom