Brewster & Solomon Ball Tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brewster & Solomon Ball Tonight

Reaction Score
Noticed for the first time in this video.. Solo is pretty comfortable takin' the rock to the hole with his right hand. .Will keep the D "honest" at the next level.

Reaction Score
this year's team is going to be losing ~95% of our 3 pt shooting between hawk, newton, joey, and alleyne.

i obviously made up that number but seriously, who is our best 3 pt shooter going to be next year? karaban? stewart? certainly wont be AJ or Ball and Castle isnt known for his shooting either.

Reaction Score
this year's team is going to be losing ~95% of our 3 pt shooting between hawk, newton, joey, and alleyne.

i obviously made up that number but seriously, who is our best 3 pt shooter going to be next year? karaban? stewart? certainly wont be AJ or Ball and Castle isnt known for his shooting either.
We don't know all we'll be losing and gaining next year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

The staff will need to identify at least one shooter in the portal. But after a very strong season the pickings should be large for us.

Reaction Score

We lost most of our 3 pt shooters from last year. How’s that working out so far? Also see the thread on Castle.

Reaction Score
The staff will need to identify at least one shooter in the portal. But after a very strong season the pickings should be large for us.
Anglin from Georgetown feels like he would be a good one to go after. I imagine there will be a mass exodus after this season. His numbers aren't great but I don't trust anything Ewing is doing. Was one of the best shooters in the 2022 high school class and he chose Georgetown over us.

Reaction Score
As much as I liked Anglin out of high school, quite a lot has to happen before the portal is even a consideration for us next year. We have 12 players on the roster with eligibility next year, plus 5 recruits, equals 17 players with a limit of 13. It will work itself out, but I'd rather retain as many of our current contributors as possible to blend with this great class.

Reaction Score
Anglin from Georgetown feels like he would be a good one to go after. I imagine there will be a mass exodus after this season. His numbers aren't great but I don't trust anything Ewing is doing. Was one of the best shooters in the 2022 high school class and he chose Georgetown over us.
I highly doubt Hurley would go after an unproven guy in the portal. He'll add top proven guys who fit a need like he did this past offseason, it's probably even more important next season because we should be a bit younger.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt Hurley would go after an unproven guy in the portal. He'll add top proven guys who fit a need like he did this past offseason, it's probably even more important next season because we should be a bit younger.
You certainly could be right. But he also may trust his own scouting and ability to coach more than Ewing. We'll also see what happens the rest of the season...still a lot of basketball to be played.

Reaction Score
How much work did Solo get handling the ball and facilitating? That's the next big step for him... last I saw he looked more like a 6'3 wing/SF than a guard.

Seems based on the roster, only Jenkins is a real PG. Hopefully that means Solo is getting to build his skillset.

Really excited for the kid... Brewster develops talent as well as any HS in the country
Could he be a Stevie Thompson clone?
No shooting but great in transition?

Reaction Score
Could he be a Stevie Thompson clone?
No shooting but great in transition?

That's a player I haven't thought about in a decade lol. I think Solo will end up an okay shooter by the time he gets here. Passing and ball movement will be the next step for him still IMO.

I expect some explosive scoring games from him, and some duds. Can't expect every freshman to be as consistent as Karaban has been.

I think he'll get decent PT if he learns our defensive schemes. Brewster is an amazing developmental program, so I think he'll be prepared.

Reaction Score
Totally agree. In general, UConn's strategy should be to bring in high school/prep 4 and 5 stars and then supplement with proven upperclassmen through the portal to fill the holes/needs. Just like this year. :)

Reaction Score
Solomon Ball and Tyler Betsey going head to head at St. Thomas More this Sunday. UConn's Dan Hurley, Kimani Young, Tom Moore and Luke Murray in the house checking out the action.

Attachments

• LR East Lyme vs Waterford Football Nov 24 2022 46LR STM Prep Team 1 Dec 4 2022 Brewster Acade...jpeg
    LR East Lyme vs Waterford Football Nov 24 2022 46LR STM Prep Team 1 Dec 4 2022 Brewster Acade...jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 104

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom