Brewster & Solomon Ball Tonight | The Boneyard

Brewster & Solomon Ball Tonight

Reaction Score
Played a Canadian team tonight. Good competition but still won by 30ish. This was my first time seeing Ball in person and at the games end he came over and acknowledged my UConn gear while he signed a basketball for an admiring kid. Physically he was more lean than I expected from pictures. I had presumed he was completely 'college ready' physically, but he will fill out a lot more. My guess is that he scored significantly more than 20 points, but all his points were at the rim with powerful high speed dunks both in transition and a couple half court sets. A couple were truly awesome. He has an overdrive speed like some of the best wide receivers and running backs do. He went after one loose ball with blazing speed vs another kid who wasn't slow. He only took 2 shots I can remember and missed both. He will be a terror in a transition game. Didn't see enough in the half court to comment much. @superjohn has been aware of 2024 #129 Guard Jeremiah Jenkins from New Britain. I sat with his father and 2 little sisters tonight. His dad coaches some AAU or has coached, and evidently was on Kansas, then Nebraska, then New Haven in his playing days. The kid was 4-4 from 3 pt and added a layup and a couple assists of note. He started at PG and is about 6 ft with a slight build. Great to see a family support their kid driving up from CT and then back tonight 3.5 hrs after the game. (6 kids in the family with 2 older brothers 28 and 29). #38 JP Estrella and #77 Corey Booth didn't even start. No rosters or programs so #25 started at center ahead of Estrella, a kid told me was Aiden? #11 and #15 are also mystery players to me so far. Met Taylor Bowen's college age brother who goes to Vermont and is only 5'10ish. Bowen had an excellent game also built on speed and quick hands that snatch rebounds. He has no bulk and legs like pencils but plays with power for that build. Reid Ducharme has yet to make a shot in any game I watch. My guess is 0-8 from 3 tonight which makes him 0-30, I must be his Kryptonite. I'll see the team again Wed then try and catch them vs Tyler Betsey in Dec. Respectfully submitted to help boneyarders pass the time to season tip off.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Played a Canadian team tonight. Good competition but still won by 30ish. This was my first time seeing Ball in person and at the games end he came over and acknowledged my UConn gear while he signed a basketball for an admiring kid. Physically he was more lean than I expected from pictures. I had presumed he was completely 'college ready' physically, but he will fill out a lot more. My guess is that he scored significantly more than 20 points, but all his points were at the rim with powerful high speed dunks both in transition and a couple half court sets. A couple were truly awesome. He has an overdrive speed like some of the best wide receivers and running backs do. He went after one loose ball with blazing speed vs another kid who wasn't slow. He only took 2 shots I can remember and missed both. He will be a terror in a transition game. Didn't see enough in the half court to comment much. @superjohn has been aware of 2024 #129 Guard Jeremiah Jenkins from New Britain. I sat with his father and 2 little sisters tonight. His dad coaches some AAU or has coached, and evidently was on Kansas, then Nebraska, then New Haven in his playing days. The kid was 4-4 from 3 pt and added a layup and a couple assists of note. He started at PG and is about 6 ft with a slight build. Great to see a family support their kid driving up from CT and then back tonight 3.5 hrs after the game. (6 kids in the family with 2 older brothers 28 and 29). #38 JP Estrella and #77 Corey Booth didn't even start. No rosters or programs so #25 started at center ahead of Estrella, a kid told me was Aiden? #11 and #15 are also mystery players to me so far. Met Taylor Bowen's college age brother who goes to Vermont and is only 5'10ish. Bowen had an excellent game also built on speed and quick hands that snatch rebounds. He has no bulk and legs like pencils but plays with power for that build. Reid Ducharme has yet to make a shot in any game I watch. My guess is 0-8 from 3 tonight which makes him 0-30, I must be his Kryptonite. I'll see the team again Wed then try and catch them vs Tyler Betsey in Dec. Respectfully submitted to help boneyarders pass the time to season tip off.
Thanks for the great write up. I am so excited about Solo. As you mentioned, he will be a terror in transition, especially with Castle feeding him. Cannot believe Aidan Cammann is starting over Estrella. That kid’s ceiling is Ivy League or America East.

Reaction Score
For CT folks who want to see Solomon Ball and this team in person in a couple weeks in New Haven.
(They still haven't got their roster up on their website)
vs.
Perkiomen School
Nov 18 20224:45 PMAlbertus MagnusDetails
vs.
Fork Union Military Academy
Nov 19 20229:30 AMAlbertus MagnusDetails

Reaction Score
If you attend in New Haven
#1 Carey Booth 6'9 #77 (hit a 3 in game - think Kenton Facey) Penn St
#2 Jeremiah Jenkins 6' PG 2024 #129 (4-4 from 3pt)
#4 Comeh Emuobar 6'4 #186 (muscular guard)
#5 Solomon Ball 6'3 #40 UConn
#10 Taylor Bowen 6'9 #46 FL State
#11 Aaron Clark 6'6 #122 Wake Forest
#12 Reid Ducharme 6'6 #111 Xavier
#13 JP Estrella 6'11 #39 Tenn
#15 ?
#20 ?
#25 Aiden Cammann NR Center (looks 6'10) Harvard

Reaction Score
For CT folks who want to see Solomon Ball and this team in person in a couple weeks in New Haven.
(They still haven't got their roster up on their website)
vs.
Perkiomen School
Nov 18 20224:45 PMAlbertus MagnusDetails
vs.
Fork Union Military Academy
Nov 19 20229:30 AMAlbertus MagnusDetails
Pokémon school

Reaction Score
One of Ball's dunks here, it's an impressive one

1667741777621.gif

Reaction Score
If you attend in New Haven
#1 Carey Booth 6'9 #77 (hit a 3 in game - think Kenton Facey) Penn St
#2 Jeremiah Jenkins 6' PG 2024 #129 (4-4 from 3pt)
#4 Comeh Emuobar 6'4 #186 (muscular guard)
#5 Solomon Ball 6'3 #40 UConn
#10 Taylor Bowen 6'9 #46 FL State
#11 Aaron Clark 6'6 #122 Wake Forest
#12 Reid Ducharme 6'6 #111 Xavier
#13 JP Estrella 6'11 #39 Tenn
#15 ?
#20 ?
#25 Aiden Cammann NR Center (looks 6'10) Harvard

Will Franks and David Ayles?

Reaction Score

How much work did Solo get handling the ball and facilitating? That's the next big step for him... last I saw he looked more like a 6'3 wing/SF than a guard.

Seems based on the roster, only Jenkins is a real PG. Hopefully that means Solo is getting to build his skillset.

Really excited for the kid... Brewster develops talent as well as any HS in the country

Reaction Score
#1- Booth (Penn St)
#2- Jenkins '24
#3- Clark (Wake Forest)- DNP
#4- Emuobor (UCF)
#5- Ball (UConn)
#10- Bowen (Florida St)
#11- Frankel
#12- Ducharme (Xavier)
#13- Estrella (Tennessee)
#15- Franks
#20- Ayles '24
#21- Jackson '24
#25- Cammann (Harvard)
#32- Mayhugh (UMass)

Ball knocked down a corner 3 that I saw in the highlights posted online. Brewster website said he finished with 24 points. Click on "DETAILS" on their schedule and you see Game Summary with scoring leaders, etc.

Reaction Score
How much work did Solo get handling the ball and facilitating? That's the next big step for him... last I saw he looked more like a 6'3 wing/SF than a guard.

Seems based on the roster, only Jenkins is a real PG. Hopefully that means Solo is getting to build his skillset.

Really excited for the kid... Brewster develops talent as well as any HS in the country
Brewster also has JB FRANKEL, a 6'3 point guard who played his travel ball with BABC. Ranked among the top point guards in Nike EYBL in assists. Game summary from Brewster website had him with a team-high 8 assists in their opener. Transfer from NMH who's reportedly receiving Ivy League interest.

Reaction Score
@EBChoop thanks for clarification re Clark & my unknowns. They hadn't posted 'details' last night when I posted so I was just my guesses. @husky429 it was a transition game so the only point guard play was bringing the ball over half court after a made basket against one man pressure. Jenkins and #11 performed that task. Everything else was rebound and run. Very importantly I should point out they used me as pretty background in several of the clips in the 1:18 video. First row farthest seat to the right at :19 sec mark during Solomon Ball jam. Sometimes its more important to focus on the background rather than the play, (;))

Reaction Score
#15 really didn’t know if he was going to jump or not. Decided too late

Reaction Score
Btw, Brewster is in New Haven today playing in the National Prep Showcase. 4:45 pm at Albertus Magnus College. And again Saturday morning at 9:30 am.

And if anyone thinks they just can't miss watching the game it is online. Unfortunately it's pretty pricey to watch just a couple games.

Reaction Score
Btw, Brewster is in New Haven today playing in the National Prep Showcase. 4:45 pm at Albertus Magnus College. And again Saturday morning at 9:30 am.

And if anyone thinks they just can't miss watching the game it is online. Unfortunately it's pretty pricey to watch just a couple games.

Well I hope nobody ventured out to Albertus Magnus.

UConn signee Solomon Ball, a Class of 2023 guard, did not play for Brewster Academy on Friday at the National Prep Showcase in New Haven due to a concussion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom