Bracket Reveal top 16 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracket Reveal top 16

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I guess Joey California is out of the rotation.

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson needs to be in attack mode like this all the time. ESPECIALLY in transition.
For the first time all year he looked confident attacking the rim. Hopefully it wasn't just a blip and he can keep it up through the rest of the year, because he needs to be a net positive when he's on the court.

Reaction Score
I’m very happy with this game. We’re all a bit uncomfortable with the lackluster finish, but the team played well. We’re one of the few teams in the country who can go 8 or 9 deep. If we limit turnovers, I like our chances on a neutral court for both tournaments.

Reaction Score
My guess is we are #17. If we can close out the regular season strong and have a good showing at the BET, we are still in 3 seed conversation. Only shot at a 2 is to win out before the NCAAT.

Reaction Score
Wow. Should not have been that close.
I think the 1 week layoff had something to do with the struggles. Luckily we are finishing up( counting today) with a Sat-Wed-Sat-Wed-Sat game schedule.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Won a game with Jax as 2nd leading scorer (50% from floor, mostly dunks/putbacks). Yeah, he went 0-4 from three, but IIRC, we got three OBs off those. Nothing from Newton (6 pts/4 TOs). Shot 60% from two vs a tough defense. Not how you'd draw it up, but they held serve.

Reaction Score
Team gets so tight at the end of games.

Need to start running the offense before the 10 second mark on the shot clock.
unfortunately they don't have anyone with a combination of skills + IQ to run the offense with 10 seconds left on the clock.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
It seems when they give Andre a lot of space and he hands off and sets a pick, our shooters have more room to shoot because his guy cant help. Seems to be a really good solution to his shooting woes...and its really hard to say anything bad when he is flying through the air for jams, blocks and boards. Its nice to see him back from last game. He was awesome today.

Also, Clingan got more time and he looked great. A freshman but he makes such a huge impact. Sucks that he turns it over and makes dumb plays, but he is vital to our run for a championship.

Reaction Score
Andre is The Answer. We excel when he does. We fail when he does.

That's the story until we have a Caron, Kemba, Rip, Bazz or Khalid.
Andre attacking the rim, rebounding, and not shooting 3s is the answer. The 0-4 from 3P definitely hurt, but he more than made up for it with attack of rim. I would like to see him take a couple dribbles and shoot a jumper from FT line rather than shoot a 3.

Reaction Score
I'm not a basketball guru/HS coach like some, but I still see poor shooting and forced mistakes as our biggest issue. It's rarely mentioned as the biggest problem. Hurley seems to get the blame for a bad shooting day. I'll still never get this logic.

Reaction Score
Hurley in late games, this time when it’s not even particularly close, falling apart, should be the main concern here.
Hurley and the team, it's on both. 0 composure on the offensive side of the ball when faced with even the slightest bit of adversity. The ball has vaseline on it and rim has a lid on it in any sort of "clutch" offensive moments. It's uncanny. Karaban, who has been the most reliable, misses a point blank put back with time expiring in the 1st half.

We won, like in many other wins, because we went up 16+ with 5 minutes to go, and then nervously bled out the clock. This HAS to change.

caw

Reaction Score
We did this to ourselves.

But….The metrics ?

Partially, Indiana is also high in the metrics and it does look like the committee is looking at the whole season, or Marquette and X would be higher.

Indiana is 18-8 and 9-6 in conference, so it's not like they have a much better conference record even, I guess they really hated the SJU loss by UConn as a tie-breaker, makes sense why X (DePaul, Butler) is also below Indiana actually looking at it that way.

That's my best guess and something I can understand. My guess is UConn would be 17th on the line, perhaps 18 depending on how they rate St. Mary's, before today's game.

Maybe a spot or two lower than most people here had them. I think most people here thought UConn was around 15, or 16.

My guess is we are #17. If we can close out the regular season strong and have a good showing at the BET, we are still in 3 seed conversation. Only shot at a 2 is to win out before the NCAAT.

Would need at least five teams ahead to lose and have bad losses. Indiana for example has no bad games left on their schedule, so UConn would need them to lose 2 or even 3 to go past them I think. That SJU loss appears to be a killer. A four seed is doable, a three possible and a 2 is nearly impossible without some help if the committee has UConn as a five right now.

Reaction Score
We did this to ourselves.

But….The metrics ?
The thing is, Indiana and Kansas St also did it to themselves. Kansas St lost to Butler! By double figures! And have lost 5 of their last 7.

Indiana also had a stretch where they lost 5 of 7 and got swept by Northwestern.

All 3 teams had crappy stretches, but our good stretch was the best of the 3 and our numbers reflect that.

Reaction Score
Wow. Should not have been that close.
I think the 1 week layoff had something to do with the struggles. Luckily we are finishing up( counting today) with a Sat-Wed-Sat-Wed-Sat game schedule.
Sanogo (illness) seemed a bit off his game, especially at the end. At times it seemed like the offensive rebound was their best offense and don’t understand why at the end of games Hurley refuses to play Clingan. At offense rebound and reset after playing 30s of defense is just back breaking to a team trying to come back.

Reaction Score
It’s a win sure it was good enough today. I’m not too thrilled with this team right now we need to do a better job with the basics we do that we can make a run in March.

caw

Reaction Score
The thing is, Indiana and Kansas St also did it to themselves. Kansas St lost to Butler! By double figures! And have lost 5 of their last 7.

Indiana also had a stretch where they lost 5 of 7 and got swept by Northwestern.

All 3 teams had crappy stretches, but our good stretch was the best of the 3 and our numbers reflect that.

KSU is more baffling than Indiana. Indiana doesn't have a bad win.

Reaction Score
The big 12 does not deserve 5 teams above the big east. the middle and 'bottom' of the b12 are inarguably better than the beast and the reason the conference is so strong, but the 5 best teams in each conference are comparable. its especially disrespectful to marquette who has gone 13-3 in this conference and ran baylor out of the gym.

indiana has very little argument above uconn
kansas state over uconn is also tenuous

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom