Borges tweet on Castle | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Borges tweet on Castle

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Should make the the folks missing Andre feel better.
This year’s team has the potential to be better than last year’s team. Crazy but true. Karaban, Clingan, and Newton will all be much better. Castle is potentially a better freshman than Clingan or Karaban were last year. The bench should be much deeper this year than last. Cam could potentially put up the same numbers that Hawkins did. Hmmmm

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
This year’s team has the potential to be better than last year’s team. Crazy but true. Karaban, Clingan, and Newton will all be much better. Castle is potentially a better freshman than Clingan or Karaban were last year. The bench should be much deeper this year than last. Cam could potentially put up the same numbers that Hawkins did. Hmmmm
Ceiling is high, but the core is younger and we have a LOT of production to replace.
Spencer is a great piece, but he’s not the same player as Hawkins. Jackson’s impact on the team, particularly defensively, was so understated. That’s not going to be easy to replace. And Sanogo was an absolute monster in the low post. We are going to have to run different sets for Clingan because he doesn’t have nearly the footwork, low post moves, and footwork that Sanogo has. But Clingan has some abilities that Sanogo never can have.

Again, ceiling is high for this team but I wouldn’t be shocked if it takes some time for this team to find its groove and develop leadership and chemistry. Our OOC schedule is a GAUNTLET compared to last season, too.

Oh yea, we’re the national champs. We’re gettin everyone’s absolute best shot for 40 minutes. Hope this team can rise up to the pressure. I think Danny and co will have them ready to go come Feb/March.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Their fans. Maryland has particularly awful fans who are known for being pretty abusive to visiting players and their families.
They were brutal when we went for an FB game. They insisted we take Randy Edsall back with us.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
What's the 3rd school Redick is talking about for his hate list? The 2nd one is obviously UNC. Is it Kentucky?
He said he didn't hate UConn

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Ceiling is high, but the core is younger and we have a LOT of production to replace.
Spencer is a great piece, but he’s not the same player as Hawkins. Jackson’s impact on the team, particularly defensively, was so understated. That’s not going to be easy to replace. And Sanogo was an absolute monster in the low post. We are going to have to run different sets for Clingan because he doesn’t have nearly the footwork, low post moves, and footwork that Sanogo has. But Clingan has some abilities that Sanogo never can have.

Again, ceiling is high for this team but I wouldn’t be shocked if it takes some time for this team to find its groove and develop leadership and chemistry. Our OOC schedule is a GAUNTLET compared to last season, too.

Oh yea, we’re the national champs. We’re gettin everyone’s absolute best shot for 40 minutes. Hope this team can rise up to the pressure. I think Danny and co will have them ready to go come Feb/March.
Very well said and I agree with you. Leadership is potentially going to be an issue with this team. Karaban and clingan seem like quiet leaders. Maybe Newton will try to lead or maybe Castle will. We shall see but as you said, the ceiling is very high for them.

Reaction Score
Maryland was also at their fan apex when he was in school. They lost to Duke in FF in '01, won the title in '02. Redick was there 03-06.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Good time to rewatch this

Priceless! I don't want to get over excited but Reddick's ominous take on the Castle commentary followed by this clip made my day and it's only 5:45AM!

Reaction Score
Holy cow, it must be June.

Reaction Score
They were brutal when we went for an FB game. They insisted we take Randy Edsall back with us.
LOL. I found the crowd at the football stadium to be rather mellow that day. But it was a noon start and easily over 100 degrees in the stadium, so that could have kept things in check.

Reaction Score
Very well said and I agree with you. Leadership is potentially going to be an issue with this team. Karaban and clingan seem like quiet leaders. Maybe Newton will try to lead or maybe Castle will. We shall see but as you said, the ceiling is very high for them.
Are you talking about the kid who cut Hurley off in a timeout huddle to give his take on what the team needed to do? That Karaban? Yeah he’s not quiet. He would be a perfect leader even though he’s just a sophomore.

Newton is extremely quiet. There was an article about that during the season with quotes from his father about how reserved he is.

Castle is a freshman, and unless we’re talking about a chubby point guard who came to UConn in 1997, freshmen leaders never work out that well.

Reaction Score
Are you talking about the kid who cut Hurley off in a timeout huddle to give his take on what the team needed to do? That Karaban? Yeah he’s not quiet. He would be a perfect leader even though he’s just a sophomore.

Newton is extremely quiet. There was an article about that during the season with quotes from his father about how reserved he is.

Castle is a freshman, and unless we’re talking about a chubby point guard who came to UConn in 1997, freshmen leaders never work out that well.
IMO.. DH will be encouraging and pushing Tristen/Alex/DC to step up and be more vocal leaders.. Can easily see Spencer evolving into that role over time.. He's a natural leader.. Castle leads through example .. Takes everything in but will be respectful of the veteran leaders early in season but eventually the guy with the ball in his hands has got to lead.

A different leadership vibe than last year.. But unique and effective in its own way.. We've got leaders.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t even need practice footage. Give me some shooting drill, a game of knockout, anything basketball related. It’s branding malpractice to not have footage of these guys available.

Relax (or not). It's basic Hype-Building 101. Give the people too much of what they want, and they will get bored. The clips to make the rabid fans drool will come out in dribs and drabs...

Reaction Score
You never quite know how it will all play out but, if Castle performs at all conference type level as a freshman, we are going to be very tough to handle. I think everyone is expecting that Clingan and Karaban could have all conference type seasons, but if we can get another starter to be that good as well, man, this team really could be special.

Reaction Score
A deeper bench? Our second five would have been a top 25 team last year. You have to be careful not to believe the hype. I will be happy if Castle and another of the freshmen are solid contributors next year.

Reaction Score
A deeper bench? Our second five would have been a top 25 team last year. You have to be careful not to believe the hype. I will be happy if Castle and another of the freshmen are solid contributors next year.
Last years 6-10:
Clingan
Alleyne
Joey
Diarra
Samson ?

This season proj 6-10:
Samson/Singare
Stewart
Ross
Ball
Diarra

Im not necessarily disagreeing with you, but it's closer than you might think. We really only got any production from DC, Joey, and Alleyne last season, and they were always in alongside 3-4 of the starters from the NC team. They certainly looked better with Hawk, Adama, etc... drawing help defenders away from them, and Andre feeding them assists on the break.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Last years 6-10:
Clingan
Alleyne
Joey
Diarra
Samson ?

This season proj 6-10:
Samson/Singare
Stewart
Ross
Ball
Diarra

Im not necessarily disagreeing with you, but it's closer than you might think. We really only got any production from DC, Joey, and Alleyne last season, and they were always in alongside 3-4 of the starters from the NC team. They certainly looked better with Hawk, Adama, etc... drawing help defenders away from them, and Andre feeding them assists on the break.
I think some will be surprised just how good freshman can be this year. Lol

I love the depth and athleticism we have coming off the bench.

Reaction Score
Last years 6-10:
Clingan
Alleyne
Joey
Diarra
Samson ?

This season proj 6-10:
Samson/Singare
Stewart
Ross
Ball
Diarra

So who on that second unit will give us the production of Clingan, Joey C and Alleyne? We struck gold last year with Clingan and Karaban as freshmen. Can that happen again? Castle looks like he may be a main contributor but to count on another freshman is not a sure thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom