2024 Recruiting: - Boogie to UK | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Boogie to UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2023-10-20 at 6.03.36 PM.png

Reaction Score
Yeah, the knock on Kentucky isn't that they've failed to get players to the League or have them succeed there.

The knock is that, despite all of that talent which they didn't even have to develop, they've won extremely little.

And the recent UK schtick sees these 5 stars perform meh during college only to show out once they leave Cal. When you recruit 2-3 Steph Castle level guards a class, you are going to have a lot of hits! There was a time when it really did seem that Cal had some golden touch with guards but between the pure top 10 flameouts and then the others who blossomed post-Cal, what we see is an embarrassment of riches, emphasis on embarrassment.

Reaction Score
Grew up 5 minutes from Stepinac, had family members who went there, actually went to dances there when I was in HS. not upstate - once I hit 14 and could take the train, later drive, I spent almost as much time in the city and on LI as I did in White Plains.

Reaction Score
When did White Plains become upstate New York? Anyway in the past 8 years 28 kids from the stepinac program has went on to play college ball, that's impressive to me

Reaction Score
Yeah, the knock on Kentucky isn't that they've failed to get players to the League or have them succeed there.

The knock is that, despite all of that talent which they didn't even have to develop, they've won extremely little.
They've won a lot in Calipari's time there, but not really in a while, and they have but one title vs. 3 for UConn, 2 for Duke, 2 for Villanova is a bit hard for them to take, especially with the talent they've had.

The front end (2010-2015) had a title, 3 more Final Fours, and an E8.

It's been lean in the back portion: 2016-2023 is 2 E8s and 1 S16. No Final Four since 2015. No second weekend since 2019.

Reaction Score
Grew up 5 minutes from Stepinac, had family members who went there, actually went to dances there when I was in HS. not upstate - once I hit 14 and could take the train, later drive, I spent almost as much time in the city and on LI as I did in White Plains.
When did White Plains become upstate New York? Anyway in the past 8 years 28 kids from the stepinac program has went on to play college ball, that's impressive to me
It appears the joke went over everyone's heads but have you really never heard NYC people call Westchester upstate? Obviously it's not actually upstate but it's a whole thing on the internet

Reaction Score
It appears the joke went over everyone's heads but have you really never heard NYC people call Westchester upstate? Obviously it's not actually upstate but it's a whole thing on the internet
I live in BPT and we always call white plains, new Rochelle, or port Chester Stamford pretty much but I just seen wat you were referring to LOL

Reaction Score
Nope and I still have family there and Yonkers

Reaction Score

In general, yes. But the post I responded to was talking about the 'history of success of guards that come through there' implying the Harrison twins did not go on to be successful, which is why i listed guards that did go on to be successful. If they were trying to talk about very little winning while at Kentucky the harrison twins are still a terrible example as they were there for 2 years and made a finals run once, and went 38-1 in their other year there.

Reaction Score
In general, yes. But the post I responded to was talking about the 'history of success of guards that come through there' implying the Harrison twins did not go on to be successful, which is why i listed guards that did go on to be successful. If they were trying to talk about very little winning while at Kentucky the harrison twins are still a terrible example as they were there for 2 years and made a finals run once, and went 38-1 in their other year there.
Sure, the Harrison twins are actually outliers in both respects -- remarkable college success and complete disappointment at the next level.

The rest of the UK program has been basically the opposite, which is fine for UK recruits but bad for their fans (and an indictment of their coach).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They've won a lot in Calipari's time there, but not really in a while, and they have but one title vs. 3 for UConn, 2 for Duke, 2 for Villanova is a bit hard for them to take, especially with the talent they've had.

The front end (2010-2015) had a title, 3 more Final Fours, and an E8.

It's been lean in the back portion: 2016-2023 is 2 E8s and 1 S16. No Final Four since 2015. No second weekend since 2019.
They would've had more if it wasn't for us.

Reaction Score
Good Riddance ….

I can’t think of any Coach that does so little with unlimited funding.

Boogie went to the highest bidder

Seems a little aggressive. We have a pg in the fold that I think everyone is happy with. Nowell seems to fit what we do better than Boogie, and it didn’t seem like we were pursuing him all that doggedly once Nowell committed. I have not seen anything to indicate that Fland is a bad kid or should warrant a “good riddance.” Hope he has a long NBA career.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Seems a little aggressive. We have a pg in the fold that I think everyone is happy with. Nowell seems to fit what we do better than Boogie, and it didn’t seem like we were pursuing him all that doggedly once Nowell committed. I have not seen anything to indicate that Fland is a bad kid or should warrant a “good riddance.” Hope he has a long NBA career.

Nowell is the template of a Hurley guard. Pure and unadulterated. UConn fans are going to adore this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom