Boneyard 8/8/1998 to ... | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Boneyard 8/8/1998 to ...

Reaction Score
I joined around 2000 when I moved my family to Michigan. I remember the posted news items from Nan, Fishy who kept people in line and who was a source of daily amusement/entertainment, ThirtyThree for his basketball insights, wisdom from early founder Temery. Many other handles that are too many to list. I haven't posted in more than a decade and I only occasionally lurk. Bought season ticket strip for Gampel in support of the new Hurley era. Peace.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Don't remember who suggested the name Boneyard but I suggested the domain UConnfan.com, and someone replied a few minutes later saying he had reserved it.

This.

You suggested it, Frank registered it.

I still have the domain name.

Reaction Score
This.

You suggested it, Frank registered it.

I still have the domain name.

What is the connection between the Boneyard and syracusefan.com?

And, if there is any, can we shut them down? Thank you.

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
View attachment 33546

Check in, share a story, past usernames, etc.

May 1998: Wayback Machine

A bit of boneyard history.

Boneyard inception?

How did you first hear about the Boneyard?

20th Anniversary Commemorative t shirt TBA (Frank D'Angelo, send me an email. Yours in on the house):

Anyone here in the t-shirt printing business?

I was one of the early wanderers, moving from one site location to another, until Tom found a permanent home for “The Boneyard”. Lived in CT at the time, now retired to NC (can’t understand why any retiree would remain in CT unless they had serious family ties).

Trying to remember what my handle was back in the day. Somehow thinking it was Huskypup, but there have been a large number oh Yeung Ling’s consumed since the move to NC, so who knows. Play golf usually 4 times a week. Played in a number of Boneyard Opens and met quite a few Boneyarders along the way. Long time season ticket holder for both BBall, men’s and women’s, and Football, since 1976.

Mostly lurk now with an occasional post. Come north once a year to catch a few games. Tough finding a period of time with relevant BBall games to justify a trip north. I do catch the games at ECU.

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
Found the guy who doesn't like pizza!
Good point, although we do have a New Jersey transplant who does a credible job, not quite like CT.

BBQ has helped ease the pain, and the NC Fresh Catch seafood helps.

Reaction Score
Mau, properly known as Brother Mau, was the A player on the BYC force of nature known as Team Fishy.
Team Fishy: it’s a state of mind.

brother swami, Deep and Fishy how was it we never were awarded a title when we seem to have been on or near the top so often? I ask seriously because #1 I mostly forget LOL and 2 there were so many "updated rulings" as we finished with the lowest score, gross of course. Not always mind you there were other solid teams but none with the overall skills of ours :eek:. I mean bunkers with the enemy lurking, Ashtons, Red Stripes, Rolling Rocks, shots of all kinds aside we had fun out there unlike the pansies at Quarry Ridge.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
My daughter Emily, far right, with the founding father in Houston for NC 3. She graduated UConn Dec. '10 and had moved to Houston in Feb. '11 to begin her career. View attachment 33618
I sat a few seats to Tom’s left at that Final Four in Houston. I figured he couldn’t care less who CaHusky was so didn’t introduce myself. I have to admit I did take a couple of pics when you weren’t looking Tom.

Reaction Score
brother swami, Deep and Fishy how was it we never were awarded a title when we seem to have been on or near the top so often? I ask seriously because #1 I mostly forget LOL and 2 there were so many "updated rulings" as we finished with the lowest score, gross of course. Not always mind you there were other solid teams but none with the overall skills of ours :eek:. I mean bunkers with the enemy lurking, Ashtons, Red Stripes, Rolling Rocks, shots of all kinds aside we had fun out there unlike the pansies at Quarry Ridge.
If you didn’t take gimmes because you hit the green...

Reaction Score
August 2000, the Boneyard crew at Jillian's, after a Red Sox win at Fenway.
Boneyard crew 2000, Jillian's, Boston.jpg

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I sat a few seats to Tom’s left at that Final Four in Houston. I figured he couldn’t care less who CaHusky was so didn’t introduce myself. I have to admit I did take a couple of pics when you weren’t looking Tom.

How far did you have to back up to take the pictures?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'm not going to read four pages, but I'll ask this: Roll call: Who had a 77-74 window cling?
Still do, on each of my vehicles.

Reaction Score
That’s not me. I’m in the back left over Swami’s shoulder.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That’s not me. I’m in the back left over Swami’s shoulder.
Sorry. I think I made that same mistake years ago when Alex posted the photo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom