Boneyard 8/8/1998 to ... | The Boneyard

Boneyard 8/8/1998 to ...

temery

What?
Reaction Score
757FE315-793A-4AD3-8864-D12B18C5FD31.gif

Check in, share a story, past usernames, etc.

May 1998: Wayback Machine

A bit of boneyard history.

Boneyard inception?

How did you first hear about the Boneyard?

20th Anniversary Commemorative t shirt TBA (Frank D'Angelo, send me an email. Yours in on the house):

Anyone here in the t-shirt printing business?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe I first found the Boneyard in early 1999 (as HuskyPortugal94 - since I had just moved to Portugal)...and anyway I was a lurker for a long time after I first signed up.

Reaction Score
As a general rule I only posted what I observed when I watched our prospects play. I might have been RHall or RHall350 I just don't clearly recall. I think RHall350 when I registered to a boneyard predecessor on aol immediately after the women's team went 35-0 in 1995.

Reaction Score
Who is still here, under a different name. Check in.

Wayback Machine
Wow, I can't believe it's 20 years. Joined the Boneyard sometime in the late 90's, maybe early 97, but can't remember exactly. Had a different handle for the first year or two then became Huskyrob1. I do recall "mapper" being one of the more knowledgeable fans on the board. Thanks for the look back.

Reaction Score
I joined in 2000-2001. I searched something about UConn and found the board. There was so much info and interaction to review. I remember feeling euphoric that there was this huge pile of stuff to read and my days of scouring newspapers for anything UConn related were over. It was kind of like winning the lottery. I think I sat there for at least 10 hours reading. I continued until I’d read everything I could dating back as far as it went.

Reaction Score
I joined in 2000-2001. I searched something about UConn and found the board. There was so much info and interaction to review. I remember feeling euphoric that there was this huge pile of stuff to read and my days of scouring newspapers for anything UConn related were over. It was kind of like winning the lottery. I think I sat there for at least 10 hours reading. I continued until I’d read everything I could dating back as far as it went.

This is how I feel now, being really able to keep current on all things men's BB. Boneyard is a great place, never mind the distractions.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was on Brett's mailing list back then, along with @Deadrody and others. I can't remember exactly when I came over here. Early 2000's maybe? I'm sure I had a different name at first.

Reaction Score
I was CMAUP back then and clearly posted a lot more than I do now. I’ve moved out of state and out of country since then and just don’t get to see much of the team. At least not enough to post many informed opinions. Of course that doesn’t seem to stop most. :)

Reaction Score
Joined in the Scout days under the handle DConn. When the platform changed to rivals I was unable to retain it; but I have never seen a DConn post since then. My girls had given me a UConn men's championship CT license plate for Father's day -EWEKON. So that's how this one came about.

Reaction Score
I found the Boneyard around '99. Lurked for a long time. Cute story from around 2000, my daughter was training at the skating rink in Simsbury, and we parents got chummy. After a session we went for pizza across the street with a guy named Steve and our daughters. Later, walking out to the parking lot I see he has a 77-74 sticker on his car. OMG Boneyard! He shakes my hand and intro's himself. "AussieCuz"

We're still friends via facebook but he's long gone from the 'yard. AussieCuz sighting on that Wayback page, though.

Reaction Score
I joined just after the '99 title - looking for fans online to discuss our epic win over Dook with. Can't believe it's been 20 years.

Reaction Score
Joined in the Scout days under the handle DConn. When the platform changed to rivals I was unable to retain it; but I have never seen a DConn post since then. My girls had given me a UConn men's championship CT license plate for Father's day -EWEKON. So that's how this one came about.
Jeez. I've been reading your handle as "EH-wuh-Con" for years. LMAO at my silliness. It's the chant! UUUUUUU - COOOOOOOON. Oh my. :oops:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jeez. I've been reading your handle as "EH-wuh-Con" for years. LMAO at my silliness. It's the chant! UUUUUUU - COOOOOOOON. Oh my. :oops:
There's a few of these handles on the board. @mauconnfan aka Mau is actually Mass-UConn-fan not a tribute to the Chinese chairman and I still have to fight to not read @ConnHuskBask as Corn Husker Basketball.

Reaction Score
Wow--time flies. I am on that WayBackMachine link, posting around May 11th.

I responded to this guy:

"Calhoun is the most selfish coach in college basketball. First off, he cheats in getting recruits. Second, he pressured RIP in coming back so he could finally have a real chance at getting a shot at the final four. The whole country knows that UCONN is a joke in college basketball. They have top 5 talent every year, but still lose to inferior competition, can you say choke? Just look at ALL the NBA players who came from UCONN(all were bought btw), yet NO final fours, hahaha, you guys are pathetic. RIP is good, but he's not going to lead you to the Championship, maybe the weak @$$ big east, but surely not the NATIONAL. RIP should of gone to the NBA and be a bust instead of coming back for yet ANOTHER final 8 lost. UCONN will NEVER get there, just deal with it!! El-Amin is a joke too, that fat slob is a waste of a scholorship, and he'll end up having kids left and right. Once again, Calhoun should be ashamed of himself in risking a player's future. I like Calhoun as a PERSON, but as a coach and recruiter, he just doesn't have it."

Err, you contradict yourself.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
IMG_20180806_103756320.jpg
I watched the 1999 game while visiting girlfriend's family in Los Angeles, and returned a few days later to New York (and a computer with dial up) to read everything on AOL until I caught up. Shortly after, I learned about and migrated to The Boneyard.

The attached images are reversed because the stickers were designed for placement inside the car window. They are unused extras. I can guess, but don't know: When we're they issued?

Reaction Score
Who is still here, under a different name. Check in.

Wayback Machine

Can we get back kras, nyhuskyfan, AussieCuz & Rabid ... at the waiver wire. I’d clearly push out 4 to-be-named11.

Thank you. I AM certain I read every post back then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom