Blind Player Comparison | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Blind Player Comparison

Which player is having a better year?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Some people correctly see that he's a way-above-average player and utterly indispensable to this team and incorrectly conclude that he is up there with Kemba, Shabazz and friends.
Has there been a single person who's made this comparison?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
if AJ Price is a member of "and friends" than yes, I'm inviting that conversation.

Reaction Score
If one of the players is RJ, the charges drawn stat should be there - a hustle stat that doesn't really show up in a stat sheet but surely determines an outcome of a game. That guy is a warrior.

Reaction Score
I thought it was RJ and Collin Gillespie so I looked that comparison up because I was curious:

RJ - 16.4 PPG (.388 FG%), 4.9 Assists, 3.5 Rebounds, 1.5 Steals, 1.9 Turnovers
Collin - 17.1 PPG (.448 FG%), 3.3 Assists, 3.3 Rebounds, 1.3 Steals, 1.6 Turnovers

Pretty close overall, but Collin's shooting efficiency (especially from 3) gives him an edge.

Reaction Score
If one of the players is RJ, the charges drawn stat should be there - a hustle stat that doesn't really show up in a stat sheet but surely determines an outcome of a game. That guy is a warrior.
Love this post!

Reaction Score

if AJ Price is a member of "and friends" than yes, I'm inviting that conversation.
I don't recall reading anyone claim that Cole is as good as Kemba or Bazz were. I get the feeling, though, that some posters would include him in the top tier if asked to classify our point guards into strata with the top category being "best ever."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Something not mentioned in here... both of those stat lines are fantastic for 2 blind guys.

Edit: It's been pointed out that this joke has already been made. Sorry @CL82 . I guess that just makes it ironic I missed that......

Stevie Wonder Deal With It GIF

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They are both good. That is all.

Reaction Score
It's a bad one, though. :)

AJ's points are as low as they are because he was playing with much higher talent. Put AJP on this team and he'd average 18-20 ppg or so.

I like RJ, but he's not in that conversation.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Okay, 26 votes in an I'm impatient. Overwhelming vote is for Player A whom everyone likely intuited as RJ even though I incorrectly shorted his rebounds per game.

Player B?

Well that's AJ Price in 2009.

Discuss.

How about Player C?

14.5 PPG (.437 FG%), 5.8 Assists, 3.5 Rebounds, 1.3 Steals, 2.4 Turnovers

(That's Player B in 2007-08.)

Reaction Score
RJ Cole wouldn’t play on the 2009 team. I’d kill to have 4 guards like Price, Kemba, Dyson and Austrie.

RJ Cole is an absolute dawg and my favorite player on this team, except for Whaley.
Are we sure Austrie was better than Cole is?

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
One of the greatest of all time? No, probably not - but will he be remembered? Abso-friggin-lutely. And there is still room for him to climb that mountain this year or even possibly next however unlikely.

Reaction Score
I never thought of Austrie as a "star", but rather a solid role player. I would consider Cole a star.
Cole isn't a star, but he'd take all of Austrie's minutes and with him as our 3rd/4th guard they'd have beaten MSU in the Final Four (Kemba had an epically bad game).

Reaction Score
Cole isn't a star, but he'd take all of Austrie's minutes and with him as our 3rd/4th guard they'd have beaten MSU in the Final Four (Kemba had an epically bad game).
You really don't consider a guy who averages 16.4 points and 4.9 assists while playing great D and drawing numerous charges a star? He leads the team in scoring, assists, steals, and drawing charges. That Seems like a fitting tag to me. I would certainly say that Sanogo and Cole are the stars of this team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The point that will settle this debate:

Which guard is/was better at the no-look pass?

Reaction Score
You really don't consider a guy who averages 16.4 points and 4.9 assists while playing great D and drawing numerous charges a star? He leads the team in scoring, assists, steals, and drawing charges. That Seems like a fitting tag to me. I would certainly say that Sanogo and Cole are the stars of this team.
Not every team has a star. If Sanogo stays healthy, he's a star. Jackson has star potential.

Cole is a good player averaging more than is best for the team because it needs him to. He's a very good player.

I'm sure we're quibbling on definition. But not every 16-5 player is a star. College basketball doesn't have that many stars.

pj

Reaction Score
RJ Cole wouldn’t play on the 2009 team. I’d kill to have 4 guards like Price, Kemba, Dyson and Austrie.

RJ Cole is an absolute dawg and my favorite player on this team, except for Whaley.

If RJ were on the 2009 team it would be Austrie that wasn't playing, and Kemba's minutes would be down.

Reaction Score
Not every team has a star. If Sanogo stays healthy, he's a star. Jackson has star potential.

Cole is a good player averaging more than is best for the team because it needs him to. He's a very good player.

I'm sure we're quibbling on definition. But not every 16-5 player is a star. College basketball doesn't have that many stars.
To me, if a guy is good enough to receive all conference consideration he is worthy of the star tag. I'm guessing if the season plays out well, Cole will likely be on one of the all conference teams or at least be honorable mention. I think coaches around the conference would refer to Cole as a star. Cole was voted to the All Big East Preseason 2nd Team, for whatever that's worth.

Guys like Rip, Shabazz, Ray etc.are on a whole different level, and recieved All-American consideration or were All-Americans. Perhaps big star or superstar is fitting for them.

I'd be curious to see who has averaged 16 points and 5 assists for UConn. I'm guessing we both would consider them stars in retrospect. For example, when Dyson was averaging similar numbers he was considered a star.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like, but you need full season stats to allow for any regression or progression… unless those stats are 15 games into the season for aj

Reaction Score
AJ in 09 had a lot less to do in terms of scoring than RJ does. AJ had to hit the big shots, RJ isn't quite there. AJ takes the ball to the hole himself last night unitl we are up 15 and don't need to sweat the late 3's by the Johnnies.

AJ was better and that team was better, but I still like this team a lot and RJ a lot. He is by far the best transfer we ever had.
I’d have loved to see Purvis play with more talent under Hurley. His time here is underrated on the boneyard. He was just asked to do too much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom