• Player B

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Too close to say

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • The Blind One

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I'm assuming many of ya'll will be able to figure it out, but after some trash talk earlier this season, I figured I'd send out the poll. Numbers are per 36, and only in the 20 conference games. Both teams in the top half of the conference.

Player A:

20.8 PTS
9.7 REB (3.5 offensive)
1.7 AST

2.5 TO
1.0 STL
0.9 BLK
3.9 PF

60% 2FG (13.4 attempts)
36% 3FG (1.8 attempts)
76% FT (3.8 attempts)

126 - Offensive rating (higher is better)
93 - Defensive rating (lower is better)

Player B:

16.7 PTS
8.6 REB (1.4 offensive)
2.1 AST

2.1 TO
0.9 STL
0.9 BLK
2.2 PF

45 2FG (10.0 attempts)
42% 3FG (2.4 attempts)
76% FT (6.2 attempts)

114 - Offensive rating (higher is better)
102 - Defensive rating (lower is better)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Player A Whitmore and B Karaban?

Reaction Score
A is definitely Sanogo, stumped on B though. Thought Kalkbrenner but don't think he takes that many 3's

Reaction Score
It's confusing because I didn't compare the same position. I should have noted that.
My mind immediately went to Hopkins when you posted it because I remember the discussion. But then I convinced myself the stats didn't match him either

Reaction Score
Yeah I've definitely noted Sanogo's very impressive efficiency this season. He's just making his layups at a much higher clip. Very few over the shoulder hooks. A lot more pivot or seal layups. 63% from 2 this season compared to 51% last season. Then add on the 3-point shooting and an uptick in assists. He's become a much more effective offensive player.

Sanogo is #1 on KenPom's conference player of the year. Hopkins had a very medium end to the season, especially with rebounding (14 total rebounds in 4 games). Kolek is #2 and his team finished 1st vs. 4th for Sanogo, so he's likely to win the real award. But Sanogo has to be on first team.

Reaction Score
Are you really this childish? I actually feel bad for you. Hopkins is 3rd in the conference in rebounding and 4th in scoring despite some sub par games recently.

I'm glad our guys have played great over the past month, but there's nothing wrong with also respecting the talent on the other Big East teams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah I've definitely noted Sanogo's very impressive efficiency this season. He's just making his layups at a much higher clip. Very few over the shoulder hooks. A lot more pivot or seal layups. 63% from 2 this season compared to 51% last season. Then add on the 3-point shooting and an uptick in assists. He's become a much more effective offensive player.

Sanogo is #1 on KenPom's conference player of the year.
He missed a few bunnies that had me yelling at the TV yesterday, but to be fair he was also getting mugged.

Reaction Score
My mind immediately went to Hopkins when you posted it because I remember the discussion. But then I convinced myself the stats didn't match him either

He plays just over 36 minutes so his #s actually go down when comparing real vs per 36 numbers. I think he got a bit overrated by some on here because he's playing more minutes, so the pure #s make him look better than some other conference standouts.

The Conference has figured him out--starting with our last game when Karaban took him to town, he hasn't looked great. Put up okay #s the last 4 games... but shooting %s have been bland.

He's pretty limited as a shooter in terms of shot-type, so it looks to me like teams have started playing off him when he has the ball to defend the drive and limit fouls.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Childish? Perhaps.

Petty? Definitely.

Laughing hysterically at this very moment? Certainly.

I know bad takes when I see them, and I always remember.
I once idolized you until you admitted that you were this 5'10" bb player that was pathetic in college. You just regained your status.

Reaction Score
Childish? Perhaps.

Petty? Definitely.

Laughing hysterically at this very moment? Certainly.

I know bad takes when I see them, and I always remember.
Hopkins was a unanimous first team All Big East pick. Sanogo and Hawkins were also first team selections, but were not unanimous.

Looks like my "bad take" wasn't so "bad" if you take off your homer glasses.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Hey, I tried my best. And I'm the only player who never sweat in his uniform so it still looks nice.
Loved your go at bass.

Sonogo is going to be missed next year and I know you will argue Hawkins loss will be greater but Adama is the foundation of this team. He is rock steady and literally as well as figuratively the player that is the center of this teams success.

Reaction Score
Hopkins was a unanimous first team All Big East pick. Sanogo and Hawkins were also first team selections, but were not unanimous.

Looks like my "bad take" wasn't so "bad" if you take off your homer glasses.
Your bad take was awful, and has only to become worse as time goes on. You said he's considerably better than anyone on UConn, which is factually incorrect as evidenced by Sanogo and Hawkins making the 1st team with him

Reaction Score
Take the L, buddy. You're reaching.
We just completed a 31 game regular season and not only was Hopkins a unanimous first team all Big East pick, but I would argue that his 27 and 12 performance against UConn was the strongest by any opponent this season. Please show me where I'm wrong. We played lots of very good teams with lots of talented players. Show me one that was better than Hopkins when we faced them.

Reaction Score
Sorry guys but how could anyone think Karaban has averaged 16/8 over league play? I think it’s Sanogo. And is player A the kid on Providence? Or is is the kid from Creighton who was talking to start the season?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom