BIG TEN Regular Season | Page 14 | The Boneyard

BIG TEN Regular Season

Reaction Score
Great semi-finals tomorrow.

Ohio State - Indiana

Maryland - Iowa.

I am not ordinarily a big fan of the conference tournaments. I think of them as sort of exhibitions for the fans of the schools playing. This is sort of blasphemy from a Big 12 Iowa State fan because our fans, at least the ones that live in Iowa, are obsessed with going to KC for the games every year. The Maryland/Iowa game goes against my usual "meh" mantra because (1) on paper it's a great TV game for all WBB fans (2) it might actually matter for Iowa since they were only one slot outside the #2 seeds in last reveal.

Reaction Score
I am not ordinarily a big fan of the conference tournaments. I think of them as sort of exhibitions for the fans of the schools playing. This is sort of blasphemy from a Big 12 Iowa State fan because our fans, at least the ones that live in Iowa, are obsessed with going to KC for the games every year. The Maryland/Iowa game goes against my usual "meh" mantra because (1) on paper it's a great TV game for all WBB fans (2) it might actually matter for Iowa since they were only one slot outside the #2 seeds in last reveal.
In a normal year I would say that a conference cannot have two 1 seeds or a 1 seed and two 2 seeds. But this is not a normal year because the Big 12 will probably not have a one or two seed ( though I would assert that NET #40 Oklahoma should deserve a two seed if they run the table today and in next week’s Big Twelve tournament)

Reaction Score
What a comeback from Ohio State. I thought they were done when Indiana was raining 3s, but they really really fought back and Indiana just fell apart against the full court press. Great job by tOSU.
Same. This is the OSU team we were seeing at the start of the season. Sheldon back as well. Good timing with March Madness around the corner.

Surprised how Indiana reacted to OSU's pressure. Would have thought they were prepared for it from their play this season and yesterday's game against Michigan State.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Huge turn around by OSU at the half.

Worth noting it looked like Taylor Thierry was being helped off the court after the game by the trainer. She seemed to be in tears and before the buzzer was hit by a screen and seemed to swing around. Hoping she’s alright and was only shaken up. It was nothing dirty to be clear, just unfortunate bodies colliding.

Reaction Score
What a comeback from Ohio State. I thought they were done when Indiana was raining 3s, but they really really fought back and Indiana just fell apart against the full court press. Great job by tOSU.
Sitting in 2nd row at the game. Indiana looked unbeatable in the 1st half and was up by 23 at one point. Indiana does NOT like the press; OSU missed easy shots and had a number of unforced turnovers even while making their comeback. Holmes got 4 fouls and I think Moren waited too long to put her back in. Hoosiers, except Berger, looked tight down the stretch. Really entertaining game; kudos to the Buckeyes. Actually wanted Indiana to win in the event Iowa beats Maryland. Should be another good one!

Reaction Score
Same. This is the OSU team we were seeing at the start of the season. Sheldon back as well. Good timing with March Madness around the corner.

Surprised how Indiana reacted to OSU's pressure. Would have thought they were prepared for it from their play this season and yesterday's game against Michigan State.
Kevin McGuff gets a lot of flak for not being a "good" coach, but he outreached Teri Moren today with his defensive scheme on McKenzie Holmes and catching Indiana flatfoot with their full court press i the third quarter. IU never adjusted to OSU's press. OSU's press is elevated to next-level with Jacy Sheldon on the floor. She is a difference maker and having her available is like UConn having Fudd back.

Reaction Score
That was FUN regardless of who won.

Solid score for a basketball game. Good offense and defense balance. Not a Maryland vs Iowa track meet.

Thank you to both teams for the excitement.

Edit: oh yeah, BOOM
The tournament has had a lot of competitive games so far. It's been fun.

Reaction Score
Sitting in 2nd row at the game. Indiana looked unbeatable in the 1st half and was up by 23 at one point. Indiana does NOT like the press; OSU missed easy shots and had a number of unforced turnovers even while making their comeback. Holmes got 4 fouls and I think Moren waited too long to put her back in. Hoosiers, except Berger, looked tight down the stretch. Really entertaining game; kudos to the Buckeyes. Actually wanted Indiana to win in the event Iowa beats Maryland. Should be another good one!
Looked like a fun one to watch live!

And yeah, Indiana really struggled with the press and the foul trouble and Sheldon was a complete game changer for tOSU. The championship game is going to be a good one.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Another impressive stat: OSU held Mac Holmes to just 12 points on 7 FG attempts, tying her season lows in both categories.

Reaction Score

Well, you sure as hell got your money's worth for those two games today! Damn, what great games. Double for you as a Hawk fan for game two but these were great games for everyone watching (well, not Hoosiers or Terrapins but everyone else).

Only live three miles away and wish I'd bought tickets now but was out of town till late last night.

Reaction Score
Both games came down to the wire. Gabby Marshall was the big key for Iowa. They don't win without her.
Agreed Gabbie hit the big shot (and played greet D, but it was balance that carried the Hawkeyes... Warnock with 21, Kate Martin with 9 rebounds and 8 assists, and Caitlin with 22 and 9 assists.

That's a formula Iowa could use to advance a few rounds in the NCAAs, but tomorrow will be another challenge from Ohio State. I would guess both teams are exhausted right about now.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see who gets the final two #1 seeds beyond South Carolina and Indiana.

I think they will stay the same. LSU might have had a shot at moving up if they had won the SEC tourney but they didn't even make the champ game. Probably more movement in the #2's and #3's.

Reaction Score
How about Iowa? Indiana and Maryland had been two of the hottest teams in the country, and the Hawkeyes have beaten them both in the last week.

To me, it's how about this Big 10 conference? All of these teams have beaten each other throughout the season. Throw in Ohio State and it's been a heck of a battle at the top.

Iowa could be finding their groove finally at the right time. After getting beat badly by Maryland, they found ways to get Clark free. Marshall seems to be herself after an up and down season. As the sign during the game said, she's the spark.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom