Big East Transfer Portal Thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Remains to be seen if it's a possibility going forward. The COVID years allowed extra 5th years who are then free to transfer twice due to graduation, so there's a little extra movement of veteran players. There will probably be a few less transfers two years from now. But there's probably still room to be the "old up-transfers come here" school even without the COVID years, but you gotta win to be "the spot", so agree with everyone that says Neptune has some pressure this season. Especially since the youth cupboard is absolutely bare this season for them and they only have 1 rotation guy from last freshman class left; Once these 5th years are gone, he's more or less forced to replenish with other transfers. And if you bring in these guys and it doesn't work... Then you're pretty much forced to fire Neptune in order to change the recruiting narrative.
Neptune's situation is pretty well summed up here:
The name “Neptune” (Neptunus in Latin) was derived from an Indo-European root, although which one has been a subject of dispute. There are two candidates with strong cases. One was the word neptu-, meaning “moist or wet.”

Were this Neptune’s root, the literal translation of the name would mean something like “the moist one.”

If he doesn't win with this roster he'll be sunk...........

Reaction Score
Random question, is there an active Georgetown basketball board?
There is and it features much better grammar than the Boneyard and higher level thinking.............

Someone listed the link earlier and I looked at it. Pretty active discussion about UConn possibly leaving for the Big 12.

Another discussion was about the morality of Pitino taking Wilcher without an available scholarship and probably dumping someone who already committed. One Georgetown poster said the posters shouldn't be making moral judgements about another school after Georgetown took another league member's head coach, tampered with players like DIckinson, etc.

Reaction Score

Weird move for Kaluma. This bumps their projection on Bart Torvik’s site from 51 to 41. Maybe he’ll be able to start preparing for the draft earlier this year.
IMG_1819.jpeg

Reaction Score
Weird move for Kaluma. This bumps their projection on Bart Torvik’s site from 51 to 41. Maybe he’ll be able to start preparing for the draft earlier this year.
View attachment 88912
Kansas State was projected to be a B12 bottom feeder, but Tang marveled in his rookie season.

Small sample size, but it’s foolish to count out Tang next season too. I’m a big Tylor Perry fan too (but have never seen his movies).

Reaction Score
There is and it features much better grammar than the Boneyard and higher level thinking.............

Someone listed the link earlier and I looked at it. Pretty active discussion about UConn possibly leaving for the Big 12.

Another discussion was about the morality of Pitino taking Wilcher without an available scholarship and probably dumping someone who already committed. One Georgetown poster said the posters shouldn't be making moral judgements about another school after Georgetown took another league member's head coach, tampered with players like DIckinson, etc.

Wow a million Hans’, sounds lovely.

Reaction Score
I know nothing about K State other than Tang, Nowell, and Keyontae. Is this a good fit for Kaluma?

Reaction Score
I know nothing about K State other than Tang, Nowell, and Keyontae. Is this a good fit for Kaluma?
My middle son loves them as his non UConn team - thank God we didn’t meet them for that reason.

We Saw all their tournament games / they lose their two main scorers so a lot of shots available and they play at a fast tempo - which is good for Kaluma. Wide open style and last year’s role players can make a nice jump esp Tomlin & N’Guessan, both long athletic taller guys. Carter played well as a younger player and they added a stud Pg in Tylor Perry from C-USA (think he was the POY there).

Feel like it’s not a lot of advanced sets but more let the kids be athletes (the more advanced bb guys can weigh in). Kaluma’s not super efficient so I like the fit

Reaction Score
Looks like Wilcher will sign with St. John's today, leaving the program one scholarship over the 13 limit.

The rumor is that one of the players who transferred over to St. John's from Iona will be on the outs.

Reaction Score
Looks like Wilcher will sign with St. John's today, leaving the program one scholarship over the 13 limit.

The rumor is that one of the players who transferred over to St. John's from Iona will be on the outs.
Such a great guy is that Pitino.

To push a kid out this late in the process is a scum bag move

Reaction Score
I'm close with a lot of Iona fans and that whole fan base despises him.
He used the kid to get some early commitments and now he’s throwing him away. It’s a terrible look. I wonder if the kid has the right to just say screw it and keep his scholarship. Make Pitino figure it out

Reaction Score

What happens in this scenario since the portal is closed? Is the kid effectively banned from college basketball for a year?

Reaction Score
He used the kid to get some early commitments and now he’s throwing him away. It’s a terrible look. I wonder if the kid has the right to just say screw it and keep his scholarship. Make Pitino figure it out
Don't programs have to renew or give the players a scholarship for the coming season by some date? I thought it was some time in June. Scholarships are renewed every year. So if the program already agreed to the scholarship for the coming season then they can't just kick the kid to the curb.

Reaction Score

That can be explained by the simple fact that Rick Pitino has been, is, and will be, a horrible person

Reaction Score
Don't programs have to renew or give the players a scholarship for the coming season by some date? I thought it was some time in June. Scholarships are renewed every year. So if the program already agreed to the scholarship for the coming season then they can't just kick the kid to the curb.
Looks like it's July 1st of the year the scholarship expires

Reaction Score

If what Hey Adrien says is about to become true, and Hey Adrien is almost always on point so I have no reason to believe otherwise, this is really a scum bag move. What makes it worse for the Iona player that transferred is that this particular player that gets dropped won't be a highly touted player like a Daniss Jenkins, but rather a player that didn't get much playing time at Iona so he won't have much time and game tape to entice other D-1 schools to recruit him-in fact he will be left scrambling in a panic. I am thinking it's going to be Sadiku Ayo. Show Pitino loyalty and get burned is the hard lesson to be learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom