Big East OOC 2.0 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC 2.0

pj

Reaction Score
League profiles go up and and down as teams and coaches change. The ACC rode high a very long time, the SEC was a joke. In general I would root for a BE team against other conferences but I have acquaintances who are Pitt and St.John’s people (Pitt’s fans suck) and we now hate Pitt and Cuse cause they’re out but should root for St.John’s? Their fans are obnoxious and just as bad. Just don’t buy into this conference kumbaya thing. For me it’s individual matchups for who I root against based on past history. Who do I dislike most? Duke. Many are tied for #2 but I just don’t hate Cuse the way so many here do.

The SEC now has unlimited money and a network that needs to attract eyeballs year-round. They are investing in basketball and the advent of NIL makes their money count.

The BigTen will probably also rise relative to other conferences due to their money advantage and network.

The ACC will always be relevant as long as they have UNC and Duke, but they'll never again be a top two conference.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
40-14 (5-9).

Bad loss for Georgetown and the league.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The SEC now has unlimited money and a network that needs to attract eyeballs year-round. They are investing in basketball and the advent of NIL makes their money count.

The BigTen will probably also rise relative to other conferences due to their money advantage and network.

The ACC will always be relevant as long as they have UNC and Duke, but they'll never again be a top two conference.

You get it.

SEC is on the rise. Been saying it for 2 years. Its only going to get more pronounced during this war of money attrition. B1G there too. Thats what we end up with .

Reaction Score
You get it.

SEC is on the rise. Been saying it for 2 years. Its only going to get more pronounced during this war of money attrition. B1G there too. Thats what we end up with .
Musselman and Oates were great recent hires but Mike White to Georgia from Florida was a real head scratcher. Their AD sure did well with his football hire but the last few basketball hires have been really questionable.....Mark Fox, Tom Crean and now White.

Then you have Calipari and Pearl. Proof it's all about winning.

Reaction Score
You get it.

Those losses to Auburn and Alabama hurt when we were low.

Reaction Score
Musselman and Oates were great recent hires but Mike White to Georgia from Florida was a real head scratcher. Their AD sure did well with his football hire but the last few basketball hires have been really questionable.....Mark Fox, Tom Crean and now White.

Then you have Calipari and Pearl. Proof it's all about winning.
And to add, basketball fans in Gainesville should be pumped for the Todd Golden hire.

Reaction Score
Wow, that's horrible. Giving Ewing another wasted year was really dumb. They could have hired someone like Frank Martin who is already making progress at UMASS.
It is horrible - somewhat of a pass in terms of the day before Thanksgiving, small school/student body, etc but sheesh it's Georgetown and against another school that might have some local draw. Should have played that game at their campus gym.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Not really. The SEC is only good in football, and basketball at a few places too, because they were willing to cheat at a level other schools were not. NIL levels the playing field, because now everyone can do it.

Reaction Score
Arizona/Creighton is a shootout so far. Highly recommend everybody watch if you can

Reaction Score
Kalkbrenner is getting absolutely manhandled by Oumar Ballo right now. 15 points on 7-8 shooting with 6 minutes left in the first half

Gives me some hope that Sanogo can do the same if our shooters don't let Creighton hover 3 guys on him

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom