Big East OOC 2.0 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC 2.0

Reaction Score
St. John's is a lot of fun to watch. Organized chaos...

Curbelo and Posh are wild men, Soriano dunks everything.

Man the concussion really messed Curbelo up last year. Watched a lot of his games and he was awful. Totally different player this season.

Reaction Score
Turned it on with one minute remaining in regulation.
Syracuse is just so bad offensively
Mintz was really the only cuse player with a pulse offensively and he is just out of control half the time.

Curbelo also just torched the middle of that zone and consistently found a wide open Soriano or 3 point shooter. Cuse is going to have some ugly losses against better teams this season and I’m here for it.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is some truly awful basketball all around. David Jones hits a huge 3 and then proceeds to hoist up a terrible 3 on a fast break, while up 7 and 28 on the shot clock (36 seconds to go)
I don't enjoy St. John's style of play. I think we match up very well with them. I don't think they are very disciplined. The team has a very street ball vibe to it to that will leading to exciting spurts but a ton of turnovers and bad shots.

Reaction Score
I don't enjoy St. John's style of play. I think we match up very well with them. I don't think they are very disciplined. The team has a very street ball vibe to it to that will leading to exciting spurts but a ton of turnovers and bad shots.
While Cuse has a very boring style of play that leads to a ton of turnovers and bad shots.

Reaction Score
Someone on this board was really touting Judah Mintz last year and he may have been right.
He's only a freshman, playing his fifth game, on a big stage, and showed he has the ability to play anywhere.

Reaction Score
Good night for the league, but the Big East needs to be stringing good nights together.
The people who make the decisions won't remember what happened in either game. Just who won.

Reaction Score
There are some lines from these teams.

Joe Girard has 4 points on 1-10 shooting while not playing defense

David Jones had a solid game at first glance. 18 points, 13 rebounds, 6 assists. He shot 7-25 and was 3-15(!!!) from 3
We were screaming at the tv for Anderson to take jones out or at least Calhoun him (never gonna happen) - he was killing St. John’s with all the early shot clock airball/brick 3s. I wonder if he’s generally not good, just got volume on a bad team before or he just played awful last night?

Really enjoyed the SJU chaos otherwise. Curbelo is a guy I wanted to essentially buy low on (as 6th man type). He was excellent.

Reaction Score
There are some lines from these teams.

Joe Girard has 4 points on 1-10 shooting while not playing defense

David Jones had a solid game at first glance. 18 points, 13 rebounds, 6 assists. He shot 7-25 and was 3-15(!!!) from 3
And New York's team(s) couldn't even draw 6,000 fans.

Reaction Score
St. John’s is in ourleague and Cuse is not. Otherwise is there a reason to hate Cuse more? Nope. This like someone telling me to root for the Red Soxbecause they are in the AL East. Yeah sure I will. Still remember the abuse by St. John’s fans in the Garden when they beat us in BE Championship game years back.
My take is that our offense is more disciplined, we have better shooters, but they have a toughness and rebounding could be a problem. Lots of fouls and it’s no cakewalk. Soriano will be a big obstacle down there for Sanogo, Clingan better be tough that day. Hope I’m wrong.

Reaction Score
I stand by my 41-year-old-dude-at-the-JCC Girard comparison I made a few nights ago. Guy occasionally gets hot, strokes from 30 feet, but can’t hit layups, air balls four footers, and plays bad D. I was that guy at the JCC pre-broken ankle.

Girard was hot as hell in the first half for the Cuse against Richmond then he was basically invisible. He’s not a good basketball player unless he’s making shots he has no other impact.

Nice win for the Johnnies. The Orange look like the typical JB coached team it’s simple.

Reaction Score
5 games tonight.

you should begin each new thread with a link to your original post.

"Anyway, the goal is to get 7 teams cleanly in the field (no first four). In order to do so, the league would do well to win 100 games OOC. 100-21 is the goal to attain."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom