Big East OOC 2.0 | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC 2.0

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I wouldn't change a thing if I was Creighton. Press BYU. They need to speed BYU up because BYU is killing Creighton on the boards and if I was BYU, I would make a kamikaze drive at the hoop to just get the ball on the rim and then get the rebound.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
I will cover it later, but UConn needs quality conference wins to give it a little cushion to get a 1 seed. If Creighton pulls off the miracle comeback, they could still be a Quad 1 win.

I assume UConn is going to lose 2 or 3 games this season because predicting an undefeated season is crazy.
…so is speculating what seed we’ll be based on a mid-December loss by Creighton. The sky isn’t falling. There are a million things that will transpire between now and selection Sunday. Just keep winning baby, we’ll be fine.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Not actually over yet.

Why did Alexander kick that drive out? When was the last 3 that Creighton hit? The team was wound way too tight at the end of the game to hit a 3.

Alexander should have put something up and needed everyone on Creighton crashing the boards.

That is Creighton's season. Absolutely catastrophic loss for the Blue Jays.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
…so is speculating what seed we’ll be in mid-December based on a mid-December loss by Creighton. The sky isn’t falling. There are a million things that will transpire between now and selection Sunday. Just keep winning baby, we’ll be fine.

There actually isn't. We know the remaining strength of schedule for the conference season with a few tweaks, and it will be locked in a week from now. Every game a Big East team wins means another Big East team loses.

The number of bids for every conference is predictable within a 1 or 2 bid margin. The number of ranked teams is somewhat less predictable, but not impossible to predict.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
still don't see cretin falling to below 30 at season's end, so they'd still be Q1 at home, no?

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Why did Alexander kick that drive out? When was the last 3 that Creighton hit? The team was wound way too tight at the end of the game to hit a 3.

Alexander should have put something up and needed everyone on Creighton crashing the boards.

That is Creighton's season. Absolutely catastrophic loss for the Blue Jays.
Certainly a rougher start than anticipated, and this is a bad loss, likely knocking them out of the Top 25 but it's a long season and there are a LOT of games left.

Reaction Score
Geez Creighton. They are gunna be unranked in a minute. If this keeps up they are gunna need a win against us to get an at-large bid.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
still don't see cretin falling to below 30 at season's end, so they'd still be Q1 at home, no?

Creighton is 6-4 with two losses to teams outside the top 75 on KenPom. Arkansas is a good win, and Texas Tech is OK, but quality losses only carry a team so far. Creighton was 33 in NET through Friday. BYU is a bad loss, and will drop Creighton quite a bit.

Creighton won't even get votes in next week's polls, and will need to go on a major win streak to get any votes in the future.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Certainly a rougher start than anticipated, and this is a bad loss, likely knocking them out of the Top 25 but it's a long season and there are a LOT of games left.

BYU and Nebraska were bad losses. The bigger problem is what those losses say about Creighton. There aren't a lot of Top 25 teams picking up multiple losses like those. ASU is an absolute MUST WIN for Creighton.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The end of Creighton BYU was maybe the worst basketball I've seen at the D1 level to close out a game. I don't think I'm even exaggerating. It truly felt like who wanted to lose more.

Reaction Score
Creighton is in big trouble with Kaluma on the bench with 4 fouls and no Kalkbrenner tonight. Creighton doesn't have enough weapons.
Anyone know the name of the analyst sitting next to Donnie Marshall on the ABC half time and post game shows?
He said, with conviction, that Creighton has a deep team.....must never see them play or look at stats on minutes played.

Reaction Score
…so is speculating what seed we’ll be based on a mid-December loss by Creighton. The sky isn’t falling. There are a million things that will transpire between now and selection Sunday. Just keep winning baby, we’ll be fine.
Some people will never learn that the seed isn't as important as how the team is playing.
I submit UConn 2011 and 2014 as Exhibits 1 and 2.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Anyone know the name of the analyst sitting next to Donnie Marshall on the ABC half time and post game shows?
He said, with conviction, that Creighton has a deep team.....must never see them play or look at stats on minutes played.
Made me a laugh, especially with Kalk out.

Dozens of people here know much more than the folks getting paid, which is something to remember when I'm disliking various aspects of many posts and posters. Nothing wrong with pausing and appreciating what we have here.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Deep? They don't have a player off the bench averaging more that 5 points per game.

Reaction Score
I was rooting for Creighton but after it spit the bit I was able to smile because it's Creighton. Heck with them and their coach.

Reaction Score
Creighton is 6-4 with two losses to teams outside the top 75 on KenPom. Arkansas is a good win, and Texas Tech is OK, but quality losses only carry a team so far. Creighton was 33 in NET through Friday. BYU is a bad loss, and will drop Creighton quite a bit.

Creighton won't even get votes in next week's polls, and will need to go on a major win streak to get any votes in the future.
Yet every talking and typing head in America had preordained Creighton as a lock for the Final Four. Not looking very good now.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Georgetown basketball was once a hot ticket. Now it is giving them away.

The men’s basketball program once transformed the private, Jesuit school with just more than 3,500 undergraduate students into a national power and a national brand. Four decades later, the man at the centerpiece of that rise — because he was the dominant center on John Thompson’s teams — oversees that program from the sidelines. “There’s a lot of angry feelings amongst alumni and students and fans. I don’t think a lot of people care to follow this team. That desire kind of left a while ago.” There’s so much evidence of that. The latest data point: On the night the Hoyas gave away tickets to an arena that seats 20,356 people for basketball, only 3,526 folks showed up for free tickets. When the public address announcer introduced the Siena starters, the fans in the student section turned their back on the court and chanted, “Let’s go, Hoyas!” — a mock disrespect that is tradition. There were 19 of them...
Of all the strangest places in the US to live I would put DC near or on the top of the list. No comments on this.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yet every talking and typing head in America had preordained Creighton as a lock for the Final Four. Not looking very good now.
Certainly was the opinion on The Boneyard but if Kalk does have mono which no one could factor preseason it explains their current situation.

If he heals quickly that team will be a tough out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom