Best/Worst Christmas Songs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best/Worst Christmas Songs

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
This right here is the absolute WORST Christmas song ever. I used to work in one of those pre Walmart department stores when I was a kid during the holidays and they used to play a loop and this song, this eefffing song would play 10 eefffing times a day. From Thanksgiving to Christmas I had to hear this song, and there was a loud eeefffing speaker near trash compactor in the back stockroom that really drove me insane if this song was playing. Till this day, if I hear this song, I experience a very negative emotion.

I dare you. I double dog dare you to play this song Very Loud. You probably won't be able to listen to the whole song.

Wow I thought I heard it all. 10 seconds that was it. If your story is true(I believe it is) I bet you had to go through some serious therapy. I would of sued the store for mental abuse.

Reaction Score
Figured a nice seasonal OT thread might take the sting out of the Nova game.

I'm a sucker for the classics. Give me Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, Der Binger and those old crooners. IMO, the last 50 years has produced maybe 10 Christmas songs worth a second listen. Most are immediate change the dial/skip.

I'm going with a tie for my "best": "The Christmas Song" (Nat King Cole) and "MerryXmas (War Is Over)" (John Lennon) for different reasons.

Worst is not even debatable. It's the only song in history I can think where anybody and everybody's cover is better than the original: Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time". I don't understand how someone so capable could create such ear-curdling tripe. If it were 30 minutes long instead of 3, it would actually be worse than watching the 2nd half of yesterday's game.
All the crooners had "their" Christmas songs,
NKC was the best.

Reaction Score
The best, and this is not a joke, is the theme song from the Grinch. Brilliant lyrics and the unique voice of Thurl Ravenscroft. Where else do you find lyrics like
You're a rotter, Mr. Grinch!
You're the king of sinful sots!
Your heart's a dead tomato
Splotched with moldy, purple spots
Mr. Grinch!
Your soul is an apalling dump-heap
Overflowing with the most disgraceful
Assortment of deplorable rubbish imaginable

Mangled-up in tangled-up knots!

You're a mean one, Mr Grinch
You really are a heel
You're as cuddly as a cactus
You're as charming as an eel
Mr. Grinch!
You're a bad banana
With a greasy black peel!

You're a monster, Mr. Grinch!
Your heart's an empty hole
Your brain is full of spiders
You've got garlic in your soul
Mr. Grinch!
I wouldn't touch you
With a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole!

You're a vile one, Mr. Grinch!
You have termites in your smile
You have all the tender sweetness
Of a seasick crocodile
Mr. Grinch!
Given the choice between the two of you
I'd take the seasick crocodile!

You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch!
You're a nasty, wasty skunk!
Your heart is full of unwashed socks
Your soul is full of gunk
Mr. Grinch!
The three words that best describe you
Are as follows, and I quote
"Stink, stank, stunk!"

You're a rotter, Mr. Grinch!
You're the king of sinful sots!
Your heart's a dead tomato
Splotched with moldy, purple spots
Mr. Grinch!
Your soul is an apalling dump-heap
Overflowing with the most disgraceful
Assortment of deplorable rubbish imaginable
Mangled-up in tangled-up knots!

You nauseate me, Mr. Grinch!
With a nauseous super naus!
You're a crooked jerky jockey
And you drive a crooked hoss
Mr. Grinch!
You're a three-decker sauerkraut
And toadstool sandwich
With arsenic sauce!

Reaction Score
Can’t find it on YouTube but Jimi Hendrix doing “little drummer boy” and others in a Christmas medley is great. Also have a soft spot for Twisted Sister’s “come all ye faithful”

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Figured a nice seasonal OT thread might take the sting out of the Nova game.

I'm a sucker for the classics. Give me Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, Der Binger and those old crooners. IMO, the last 50 years has produced maybe 10 Christmas songs worth a second listen. Most are immediate change the dial/skip.

I'm going with a tie for my "best": "The Christmas Song" (Nat King Cole) and "MerryXmas (War Is Over)" (John Lennon) for different reasons.

Worst is not even debatable. It's the only song in history I can think where anybody and everybody's cover is better than the original: Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time". I don't understand how someone so capable could create such ear-curdling tripe. If it were 30 minutes long instead of 3, it would actually be worse than watching the 2nd half of yesterday's game.

Yes to the old crooners and Nat King Cole, especially his posthumous duet with his daughter of 'The Christmas Song'. I hate John Lennon. What a tool.

In the last 50 years:
  • The Boss hit with 'Santa Claus Is Comin To Town' and crushed 'Auld Lang Syne' Live 2010
  • Queen: 'Thank God It's Christmas
  • The Pogues: 'Fairy Tale In NY'

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Nah, he was an . Transcendent musician, but total of a guy. McCartney was a much better dude.

You going to start judging artistic output based on the merits or lack thereof of the humans creating it your entertainment option cupboard is going to be pretty bare.

“Screw Sinatra’s Xmas songs, he ran with serial killing mobster monsters”

See what I’m getting at?

MrP

Reaction Score
TOP 5:
1. That Spirit of Christmas - Ray Charles
2. It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Andy Williams
3. Skating - Vince Guaraldi Trio (Peanuts Xmas)
4. Silver Bells - Andy Wiliams
5. The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole

BOTTOM 5:
1. The Italian Christmas Donkey
2. Santa Baby
3. Feliz Navidad
4. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
5. Hippopotamus for Christmas

Reaction Score
Wow I thought I heard it all. 10 seconds that was it. If your story is true(I believe it is) I bet you had to go through some serious therapy. I would of sued the store for mental abuse.

All true Hankster, terrible, terrible song. Didn't need therapy, but till this day, HATE that song.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
"Christmas in East Haven" and "Dominick the Donkey" are the best. Being Sicilian and growing up in Staven I can really relate to both.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom