Best/Worst Christmas Songs | The Boneyard

Best/Worst Christmas Songs

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Figured a nice seasonal OT thread might take the sting out of the Nova game.

I'm a sucker for the classics. Give me Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, Der Binger and those old crooners. IMO, the last 50 years has produced maybe 10 Christmas songs worth a second listen. Most are immediate change the dial/skip.

I'm going with a tie for my "best": "The Christmas Song" (Nat King Cole) and "MerryXmas (War Is Over)" (John Lennon) for different reasons.

Worst is not even debatable. It's the only song in history I can think where anybody and everybody's cover is better than the original: Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time". I don't understand how someone so capable could create such ear-curdling tripe. If it were 30 minutes long instead of 3, it would actually be worse than watching the 2nd half of yesterday's game.

Reaction Score
Frank Sinatra’s version of “Have Yoursef A Merry Little Christmas” is right up there with the best of them.

Reaction Score
This right here is the absolute WORST Christmas song ever. I used to work in one of those pre Walmart department stores when I was a kid during the holidays and they used to play a loop and this song, this eefffing song would play 10 eefffing times a day. From Thanksgiving to Christmas I had to hear this song, and there was a loud eeefffing speaker near trash compactor in the back stockroom that really drove me insane if this song was playing. Till this day, if I hear this song, I experience a very negative emotion.

I dare you. I double dog dare you to play this song Very Loud. You probably won't be able to listen to the whole song.

Reaction Score
Might I humbly suggest that the worst Christmas song of all time is the Life Day song from the 1978 Star Wars Holiday Special. If you have never heard of the Star Wars Holiday Special, I would plead with you to resist the urge to investigate. You will never be able to un-see what your eyes will see.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I can never get this one out of my head - by far my favorite Christmas song.

Reaction Score
Weird Al Yankovic’s ‘It’s Christmas At Ground Zero’ never gets old.

Reaction Score
For some reason I can't put my finger on, I've always liked Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree. Don't know why.

Finally, I've gone a Christmas season without having to hear Do They Know It's Christmas. Seems that song is finally dying, thank god.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
2019 huskies. don't believe me, just watch! (we likes to dance in our house at xmas…)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom