Best/Worst Christmas Songs | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Best/Worst Christmas Songs

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ha. Showed up in my Instagram feed this morning.
Nothing puts me in holiday spirit faster than pissing off a deadhead fan base with an obscure Celtic punk band cover from the 80’s

You literally posted the Pogues 7 minutes before I did. Didn't read the thread beforehand. Great, great song.

Reaction Score
Our local radio station in Bellows Falls, VT, which usually has talk in AM but today did play music, had one that was great, but I can't find it on You-tube. Song is "Bucky the One-eyed Reindeer" by a group called Santa's Elves. I've never heard it before, I can't even find lyrics for it. It can be purchased for $0.99 on Apple Music, I guess. Really funny, good melody; I just loved it!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Mariah, Waitresses, Pogues, Lennon, Live Aid, Bowie/Crosby, Run-DMC, would've all made my "maybe 10 listenable Xmas songs in past 50 years" list. Along with one of the all-time Christmas classics worldwide that gets zero respect in the USofA. I'm talking the wonderful Roy Wood:

Btw, Elton John's "Step Into Christmas" is right behind McCartney on my worst list. Although that Streisand debacle posted earlier might slide into #2 ahead of Elton.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I've always hated "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" no matter who performs it.

Reaction Score
although i found it late, I really like Mary's Boy Child by Boney M. Ho Ho Ho Surprise Surprise the bearded weird has just arrived is low on the totem pole.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Here is my playlist I’ve been keeping the past few years. Some classics. Some obscure. I’ll update with some of the suggestions here. You may notice that it does not have little drummer boy. Though I like the story I can’t stand the monotonous lyrics and sound—I don’t think Jimi can save that song.
Enjoy and merry Christmas!

Reaction Score
I want to thank folks for the multiple posting of The Waitresses....I had forgotten all about that song, and finally played it from here yesterday. About 10 times...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You win. Most Spotify streams in a day ever.
christmas-is-over-time-to-put-mariah-carey-back-in-storage-until-next-yeafr-bYYQr.jpg

Reaction Score

my current christmas tradition is watching the bill murray netflix special and wrapping presents by myself. three years running. this one's really good!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Frank Sinatra’s version of “Have Yoursef A Merry Little Christmas” is right up there with the best of them.
Respectfully, disagree. Frank's Christmas songs are a must-skip. I think the material is better served with the crooners like Dino and Como.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
BOTTOM 5:
1. The Italian Christmas Donkey
2. Santa Baby

3. Feliz Navidad
4. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
5. Hippopotamus for Christmas

Those are my 4 dislikes.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I caught this on the radio today. It's really nice, I can't believe had never heard of it before. Johnny Maestro, who knew?

Reaction Score
Didn't read through thread, so not sure if already mentioned. Hands down the best Christmas song and one of my all-time favorite songs...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom