OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 304 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
There’s a new place in downtown Willimantic called Trigo. Only been once so far but the pizza was exceptional. Wood fired ovens, thin crust and some interesting pies.

Reaction Score
I love the North Haven pizza. I kind of zone out on that stretch of Rt 1 in Guilford.
I'm going to throw out few more North Haven pizza places, if you haven't tried them yet. Mangia Apizza. Barstool scored it a bit too high for my taste but a good pizza. Inferno Apizza (in the Universal Dr plaza back of McD's and same side as Home Depot) I find this pizza to be good as well...by the way I only order "Muzz" so I can get a good idea from each place. Last weekend I tried Abate's Apizza on State St (just opened new location while Wooster St place is rebuilt from a fire). I have to say whatever they sprinkled on top (an Oregano mix of herbs) of the Pizza before it goes in the oven was just too much for my taste, there was an herb on it that just made the pizza taste of the herbs, I want to taste crust, sauce and the muzz primarily. If I go back to Abate's I will ask them no herb sprinkle and try again.

Reaction Score
I think this was announced a while back, but it was posted on the UC web site yesterday.

Hopefully their partnership doesn’t end up with them trying to sell slices inside Gampel. The slices they sell inside the Mohegan Sun Arena (not the restaurant outside of it) are awful. I can’t believe they put their name on it.

Reaction Score
Just gonna keep posting Fuoco

07FD11B5-4C4A-4730-91BF-99AD13563349.jpeg

Reaction Score

-> The department also confirmed the planned Sally's space would be built within the new Jordan's Furniture store, the big-box furniture retailer scheduled to open at Westfarms in December. Sally’s Apizza did not immediately respond to requests for comment, and spokespeople for both Westfarms and Jordan’s Furniture declined to comment. <-

Reaction Score
Since Moses wore short pants
That location opened sometime around 2015. Madison opened a bit before that. The Clinton one was around since the early 90s. Grand in Guilford is pretty unreliable, in general, I think the Grand name comes with more hype than it deserves these days.

On the Guilford topic, shoutout to Carpanzano’s. This place is definitely the best New Haven style in Guilford, and they rival anyone in New Haven on a good night.

Reaction Score

-> The department also confirmed the planned Sally's space would be built within the new Jordan's Furniture store, the big-box furniture retailer scheduled to open at Westfarms in December. Sally’s Apizza did not immediately respond to requests for comment, and spokespeople for both Westfarms and Jordan’s Furniture declined to comment. <-
They're expanding incredibly fast. Will have 3 locations in a what 7 mile radius in greater Hartford. West Hartford, Newington, and Wethersfield

Reaction Score
When is Sallys in Wethersfield opening? It’s looked ready for a long time now.
I heard the issue is the folks who bought condos above it didn’t know there was a Sally’s going in the base floor and don’t want to buy if there’s going to be a high volume business there. That’s like friend of a friend of a friend.

Reaction Score
Not that I think it is the best in the state but they are days that Colony Grill just hits the spot perfectly. My son and I stopped in last night as we were coming home from the game and grabbed a few pies to go, pizza tastes better after a victory. Colony is Stamford is my go to spot on the way home from NY because it is such a convenient location and pizza is easy to eat while driving.

Reaction Score
Not that I think it is the best in the state but they are days that Colony Grill just hits the spot perfectly. My son and I stopped in last night as we were coming home from the game and grabbed a few pies to go, pizza tastes better after a victory. Colony is Stamford is my go to spot on the way home from NY because it is such a convenient location and pizza is easy to eat while driving.
Anyone know if The Nauty Dolphin at the Fairfield Train Station is still in business? Use to go there a lot years ago, great pizza.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Anybody else see pizza places out-of-state now touting “New Haven Style Pizza” and it’s, well…not?
There’s even a place close to me in PA called ‘New Haven Pizza’ which, after tasting it, should change their name…

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yeah... I'd never call it "best" as there's really not a ton of art to it other than the unique baking method. That said, we've got nothing like it out here in Pgh and it's a taste i crave when I'm back in CT.

Reaction Score
For several years whenever I was going North past New Haven I would stop at Pepe's and whenever I was driving South past Stamford it would be Colony. Not the same anymore since they both have outposts in Fairfield now.

Reaction Score
Anyone know if The Nauty Dolphin at the Fairfield Train Station is still in business? Use to go there a lot years ago, great pizza.
I think it is, but haven't had it in a while. Now I have to get me a Spicy Sow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom