OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 306 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
I’ll be moving to Boston probably early February and I’ll give it a shot. Granted I haven’t had the original
One opening in the Seaport in Boston also. Not sure when. If it takes as long as Woburn and Wethersfield I'd expect 2026.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
One opening in the Seaport in Boston also. Not sure when. If it takes as long as Woburn and Wethersfield I'd expect 2026.
Might actually make it to that one. Woburn? That might as well be Canada.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You’re south shore right? Yeah that’s a trek across 93 lol
South/west part of Metro west. Anything north of Boston that isn't on 495 might as well be Nova Scotia the way our traffic is now. I know you're moving here, great area, but the traffic has become unimaginably bad (even compared to SoCal).

Reaction Score
Goldbelly delivers specialty foods across states. I had very good results with Zuppardi’s. Sally’s is also an option. Anyone else have experience with Goldbelly versions? Zuppardi’s vs Sally’s? Time to order.

Reaction Score
Goldbelly delivers specialty foods across states. I had very good results with Zuppardi’s. Sally’s is also an option. Anyone else have experience with Goldbelly versions? Zuppardi’s vs Sally’s? Time to order.

You can find Zuppardi’s at Big Y if you are local. For frozen, it’s good. But we have an embarrassment of riches in SW CT.

Parlor in Wilton was extremely good. I believe @heyadrien spoke highly of them before. Neapolitan style with very good ingredients.

Reaction Score
You can find Zuppardi’s at Big Y if you are local. For frozen, it’s good. But we have an embarrassment of riches in SW CT.

Parlor in Wilton was extremely good. I believe @heyadrien spoke highly of them before. Neapolitan style with very good ingredients.

I’m not local, and only make it to CT infrequently. So, delivery via Goldbelly is my access.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Went to Sally's in Woburn, MA today. Very good. I haven't had Sally's in New Haven in forever so I can't compare. I like Pepe's better. Both crusts are great but Sally's has minimal mozz and I would like a little more than they put on their pizza.

What's up with the prices at Sally's? The Pepe's around here charge $24 for a 18" large cheese pizza. Sally's is $29.75. Seems out of whack. Is the Sally's in New Haven more expensive than the Pepe's in New Haven also?

Reaction Score
Went to Sally's in Woburn, MA today. Very good. I haven't had Sally's in New Haven in forever so I can't compare. I like Pepe's better. Both crusts are great but Sally's has minimal mozz and I would like a little more than they put on their pizza.

What's up with the prices at Sally's? The Pepe's around here charge $24 for a 18" large cheese pizza. Sally's is $29.75. Seems out of whack. Is the Sally's in New Haven more expensive than the Pepe's in New Haven also?
it didn't used to be so expensive, but ever since it was bought by private equity they have done virtually everything imaginable (including opening in woburn, ma) to squeeze profit out of the brand. i want to say that you could get a large tomato pie for like $14 <10 years ago.

the pizza is still the same, but a lot of the other things that i loved about the restaurant are long gone.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
it didn't used to be so expensive, but ever since it was bought by private equity they have done virtually everything imaginable (including opening in woburn, ma) to squeeze profit out of the brand. i want to say that you could get a large tomato pie for like $14 <10 years ago.

the pizza is still the same, but a lot of the other things that i loved about the restaurant are long gone.
The pizza is very much not the same. I went to Sally's about 10 years ago in New Haven, and it was easily my favorite of the major New Haven competitors. I went there about six months ago, and it was nowhere near the same. On top of that, the Sally's in Fairfield is atrocious. Like straight up garbage. The second they sold out it was over. They're done.

Reaction Score
The pizza is very much not the same. I went to Sally's about 10 years ago in New Haven, and it was easily my favorite of the major New Haven competitors. I went there about six months ago, and it was nowhere near the same. On top of that, the Sally's in Fairfield is atrocious. Like straight up garbage. The second they sold out it was over. They're done.
Agreed, sadly. Sally's isn't even in my top 10 anymore.

Reaction Score
i disagree about the pizza in new haven, but i certainly have not been going as often as i used to, so i am willing to concede that it has become less consistent.

i am not shocked to hear that the other locations are bad though. there is a strong likelihood that i will never set foot in one of the sally's satellite locations, despite the fact that i work in bridgeport and am frequently in the vicinity of the fairfield location.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Found a pizza place that had an intriguing name for UConn fans.
IMG_2806.jpeg

Reaction Score

OK now you see, this is what pisses me off. At the bulk they buy their ingredients in even with inflation there is maybe $3 worth of ingredients on those pies, if that. Years ago it was less than a dollar. One time maybe 15 years ago I was mistakenly mailed a products brochure that was meant to go to pizza parlors. It had the prices in it for ingredients in huge amounts, sauce, cheese, pepperoni, flour, you name it. Their ad read “when you buy from us it’s less than 75 cents a pie!” Pizza was $12 then.
Granted, there’s a bunch of overhead, that I admit but still those $30 a pizza prices are nuts. But whatever the market will bear I guess.
I‘m making my own these days and not disappointed in any way.

Reaction Score

Yep, I went twice while visiting in the past after they were bought and expanded and won't return. It's not what it used to be and it's ridiculous they charge $10 more than Modern and Fuoco for a pie and they charge around $6.50 per topping.

Reaction Score
OK now you see, this is what pisses me off. At the bulk they buy their ingredients in even with inflation there is maybe $3 worth of ingredients on those pies, if that. Years ago it was less than a dollar. One time maybe 15 years ago I was mistakenly mailed a products brochure that was meant to go to pizza parlors. It had the prices in it for ingredients in huge amounts, sauce, cheese, pepperoni, flour, you name it. Their ad read “when you buy from us it’s less than 75 cents a pie!” Pizza was $12 then.
Granted, there’s a bunch of overhead, that I admit but still those $30 a pizza prices are nuts. But whatever the market will bear I guess.
I‘m making my own these days and not disappointed in any way.
They’re definitely trying to squeeze more profit out but I guarantee you their labor costs have skyrocketed, like everyone else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom