OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 211 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
El Pres gave it 9.2. That's a really high score so I guess it's legit.
Papa's tomato's pies is literally down the street, and also apparently really good, but I haven't been yet bc any time I am in the area I have to get Delorenzos.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Had lunch at Pizzetta in Mystic. Not bad (is any pizza truly bad?), but it was quite greasy. Used the Tide stick when I got back to my office. Of course I didn't have to eat it while in the car either. Could have gone to Mango (old Mystic Village), but I had that a couple weeks ago when the kids were on April break.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Had lunch at Pizzetta in Mystic. Not bad (is any pizza truly bad?), but it was quite greasy. Used the Tide stick when I got back to my office. Of course I didn't have to eat it while in the car either. Could have gone to Mango (old Mystic Village), but I had that a couple weeks ago when the kids were on April break.
Pro tip: keep the stain stick in your glove compartment.

Reaction Score
Papa's tomato's pies is literally down the street, and also apparently really good, but I haven't been yet bc any time I am in the area I have to get Delorenzos.
ever try Razza in JC?

last question, didn’t mean to derail this thread

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Up in Litchfield is a place called Bohemian Pizza. It’s very good, maybe not Sally’s or Modern but still very good. It’s a celeb hangout, saw the actor Mark Ruffalo in there a while back, and Jennifer Garner has been in there as well.
I drive passed that place a lot. I refuse to believe it is capable of serving even decent pizza.

Reaction Score
Old Mystic General Store puts out some good pizza frankly

Reaction Score
I drive passed that place a lot. I refuse to believe it is capable of serving even decent pizza.
Went there tonight for the first time in a while. Crowded for a Tuesday night, ordered a large for myself and the wife. Pretty good actually, better than most places. Waitress told us Ivan Llendl comes in occasionally for to go.

Reaction Score
Old Mystic General Store puts out some good pizza frankly
Their breakfast sandwiches are absolutely killer. They're like five bucks a pop but they're well worth it.

Reaction Score
Not CT, but if you are ever driving down the NJ turnpike and need to eat, delorenzos tomato pies in Robbinsville is phenomenal. I have had all the big name NYC pizza and it’s my favorite pizza. I still need to hit New Haven though.

That area's a popular stop when coming back from DC or Delaware on a Sunday afternoon. Though, I do prefer Papa's over DeLorenzo's, they're maybe 300 yard apart.

Reaction Score
ever try Razza in JC?

last question, didn’t mean to derail this thread

It's on my list, maybe in the Spring for outdoor dining due to the usual risk. of course, my weekends right now typiucally consist of driving the boys aroudn to 4 baseball games and 2 practices while cramming in yard chores in between. So, I could be dreaming...

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Went there tonight for the first time in a while. Crowded for a Tuesday night, ordered a large for myself and the wife. Pretty good actually, better than most places. Waitress told us Ivan Llendl comes in occasionally for to go.
I could google it, but won’t. Who is Ivan Llendi do?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bohemian is definitely decent non-New Haven pie. Our best friends live in Litchfield and we have had it a lot. Been there for some live music too. Good place.

@WestHartHusk , Ivan Lendel was one of the top tennis players in the world in the mid to late 80s. He lived in Greenwich then but I gather he lives in the Northwest corner now.

Reaction Score
Bohemian is definitely decent non-New Haven pie. Our best friends live in Litchfield and we have had it a lot. Been there for some live music too. Good place.

@WestHartHusk , Ivan Lendel was one of the top tennis players in the world in the mid to late 80s. He lived in Greenwich then but I gather he lives in the Northwest corner now.

Looks like Lendl won’t be visiting Bohemian much longer....

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
No columns, so Whaler won't be looking at it.

1619624738688.png

So in reading that Advocate article, it noted one of Lendl's prior homes was burned down by arsonists. How did I miss that story when it came out? I've never heard of arsonists burning down mansions (unless for insurance purposes, lol).

Reaction Score
No columns, so Whaler won't be looking at it.

View attachment 67152

So in reading that Advocate article, it noted one of Lendl's prior homes was burned down by arsonists. How did I miss that story when it came out? I've never heard of arsonists burning down mansions (unless for insurance purposes, lol).

I remember when it happened. Lendl was living in a different house in Greenwich and was renovating an old massive mansion up near the Banksville, NY border. A group of teens and young adults from Stamford decided to break in, light a fire and spread some random mischief. If I remember correctly, they claimed to cops that they extinguished the fire before they left. Evidently, they didn’t do it successfully.

Reaction Score

He sold the place in Greenwich years ago, moved to Litchfield, actually Goshen to be specific. He was world #1 for two or three years. Some people live under rocks I guess.

Reaction Score

Lendl has lived in Goshen (right next to Litchfield) for the last 30 years. He golf's at Torrington Country Club, good golfer.

Reaction Score
It's on my list, maybe in the Spring for outdoor dining due to the usual risk. of course, my weekends right now typiucally consist of driving the boys aroudn to 4 baseball games and 2 practices while cramming in yard chores in between. So, I could be dreaming...
We tried to go there twice while in JC for kid commitments. It’s not easy. Literally multiple hour waits. This was pre-covid. One of the times we checked in at 6pm and they wouldn’t take our name because they wouldn’t get through the list before closing. Mostly hipsters looking to get in. I find that’s usually a sign that something is overrated (but that isn’t a scientific analysis).

Reaction Score
He sold the place in Greenwich years ago, moved to Litchfield, actually Goshen to be specific. He was world #1 for two or three years. Some people live under rocks I guess.
I remember Lendl dominating during my childhood. From Wikipedia: "He was world No. 1 for 270 weeks and won 94 singles titles. At the majors he won eight titles and was runner-up a record 11 times. He also won seven year-end championships."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom