OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 178 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Curiouser
Reaction Score
But if demand > supply, what does cleaning costs have to do with it?
Any increased costs of doing business can be passed along to the consumer as long as there is more demand for the product than there is supply of it.

Reaction Score
I actually gave up on Bufalina temporarily, the line is perpetually busy and when I do get through they are sold out for the night (at 4 pm). But their system of time slots is at least easy enough to use, it’s just very constrained capacity.

I switched to Zeneli’s as my go-to for now, was already close to being my favorite, but they are just significantly less busy than the others. If they get much busier it will quickly break down, they have a bad system.

I saw the mob outside of Sally’s last night, what a mess. They are not mentally equipped to manage both delivery and take out simultaneously.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I actually gave up on Bufalina temporarily, the line is perpetually busy and when I do get through they are sold out for the night (at 4 pm). But their system of time slots is at least easy enough to use, it’s just very constrained capacity.

I switched to Zeneli’s as my go-to for now, was already close to being my favorite, but they are just significantly less busy than the others. If they get much busier it will quickly break down, they have a bad system.

I saw the mob outside of Sally’s last night, what a mess. They are not mentally equipped to manage both delivery and take out simultaneously.
I hear you re Bufalina’s capacity, but they are there at 11:30 on the days they are open and they will start taking orders then, so if you call by 12:30 or so you should get pretty much any pickup time you want. I also like that they take the payment over the phone too so all you have to do it pick up the pies.

The special was the winner for us last night: wild boar salami, tart cherries, fontina cheese and mache.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Any increased costs of doing business can be passed along to the consumer as long as there is more demand for the product than there is supply of it.
Costs aren't really being passed along, prices are rising with demand.

Reaction Score
My friend runs a meat market he placed an order for Tuesday and Thursday at the same time he was told Thursday would be .15 more per pound

Reaction Score
Costs aren't really being passed along, prices are rising with demand.
You are severely underestimating all the extra costs associated with every part of the supply chain. Not just the restaurants. Restaurant owners I know wouldn't be blowing smoke up my behind

Reaction Score
I hear you re Bufalina’s capacity, but they are there at 11:30 on the days they are open and they will start taking orders then, so if you call by 12:30 or so you should get pretty much any pickup time you want. I also like that they take the payment over the phone too so all you have to do it pick up the pies.

The special was the winner for us last night: wild boar salami, tart cherries, fontina cheese and mache.
I was pretty upset I missed out on the meatball non-pizza special. My wife and I have no childcare after 3 PM these days, so we try to cram every meeting possible in before 3 and by the time I’m ready to spam call Bufalina it’s too late.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Uploading a proud tradition of two systems?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was pretty upset I missed out on the meatball non-pizza special. My wife and I have no childcare after 3 PM these days, so we try to cram every meeting possible in before 3 and by the time I’m ready to spam call Bufalina it’s too late.
Yeah I was eyeing both the meatballs and the sausage and peppers but they had them on nights that were not good for us for one reason or another. And yeah by 3:00 is definitely too late. But I gotta say their "under-cooked and not cut" recommendation is working great for us. Somehow he manages to get the perfect char on the pie without cooking it all the way, so when you finish it in the oven at home you're not really losing much off eating it there.

Reaction Score
i don’t think i’ve ever had a modern pie just plain cheese. gotta one

Reaction Score
Didn't realize that Sallys was sold in '17 to Lineage Poperties, a NYC commercial developer. Plans to go, as ZZ Top would say, nationwide. Only a matter of time beofre the pizza is crappy.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize that Sallys was sold in '17 to Lineage Poperties, a NYC commercial developer. Plans to go, as ZZ Top would say, nationwide. Only a matter of time beofre the pizza is crappy.

It certainly lost a step when I had a few pies this past summer. Maybe an off day but it certainly wasn't the amazing pizza I remembered from years before.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Took a bike ride through South Norwalk yesterday. Think this is Sally spot. Dead center next to Jacobs Pickles. Way behind schedule but that's understood

Attachments

• 20200428_155518.jpg
    20200428_155518.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 172
Reaction Score
That's the main thing I miss about Connecticut- the pizza! Second would be proximity to the shore. I'm up in New Hampshire near Vermont border. Lifestyle is much calmer, love having so much less traffic- but regarding pizza, beaches and shopping, not much to going on out in the boondocks- maybe just have to alternate a little of both.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bufalina’s special right now is so good:
Potato Pizza, whipped chive creme fraiche, mozzarella, bacon

definitely one of the best creative pies I’ve had.

Classic. I kinda hate you for this. I was almost relieved when I saw the special for this weekend because it didn't sound that attractive, and neither did the non-pizza special. We've been getting takeout from them at least every other week since this started so I wanted to take a break. I've been waiting for them to get ramps, which should be soon, so I was holding out for that. Now you've got me eyeing this for tonight.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
sorry bud, but potatos and whipped crème fraiche on apizza? you be illin.

and as far as a pizza review, well, last night, after another one of those recent days with cold and rain, we were kinda burnt out and decided, 'lets see whats up with mikey nuzz and clinton grand on the delivery thing. around 9pm, we rang them up and asked 'what's deal these days with delivery?' (we're not big on the whole delivery thing in general). they said 'same as usual.' then i asked 'what's the routine when they get here?' they said 'whatever you want. the driver can bring it to the door, or porch, or whatever.' aboot 9;30 or so, driver rolls up and i walk out cuz its raining, and no need for that guy to get soaked. he gets out with the pies, (masked!) i hand him the cash, chat for second, and done. ezpz, same as usual. the pies were smokin good. same as it ever was.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
For those East of the River, Rossini's is re-opening after their hiatus for online orders and curbside pick up. My son made a big deal about yesterday being his 3/4 birthday, so we are ordering tonight.

Reaction Score
I’m making my own pizza at home now and I need a good crust recipe. All I have is regular flour.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom