Best Live Bands Right Now | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Best Live Bands Right Now

Reaction Score
Just checked out s
Yes she is, but the weakness of the band is exposed when they play on a larger stage imo. They were one of the headliners at Rhythm and Roots a few years ago and I was so psyched to see them because I had been a fan for a few years already by then but had yet to see them live. I loved the videos I had watched, all of which were from tiny venues (or street corners). A then relatively unknown band, Dustbowl Revival, preceded them on the same stage at R&R and it was unanimous among our krewe and all the people with whom we spoke that Dustbowl Revival put on a better show on that stage. I've since seen Dustbowl Revival at Cafe Nine and they were also great in that tiny room.

Rachel is a great talent, but I think she deserves a better band.
Just checked out some Dustbowl Revival videos on YouTube.
Love this stuff....Nice version of "Nobody knows you when you're down and out"... Thanks 8893

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yes she is, but the weakness of the band is exposed when they play on a larger stage imo. They were one of the headliners at Rhythm and Roots a few years ago and I was so psyched to see them because I had been a fan for a few years already by then but had yet to see them live. I loved the videos I had watched, all of which were from tiny venues (or street corners). A then relatively unknown band, Dustbowl Revival, preceded them on the same stage at R&R and it was unanimous among our krewe and all the people with whom we spoke that Dustbowl Revival put on a better show on that stage. I've since seen Dustbowl Revival at Cafe Nine and they were also great in that tiny room.

Rachel is a great talent, but I think she deserves a better band.

have you seen rachael and Trey doing god only knows with dirty dozen brass from Newport last summer?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
A CT based band that has recently been surging on the festival scene incl. opening for Dead & Co. in Mexico is called Goose. Highly recommend.

Here's a recent live show:

goose is crushing it right now.

Reaction Score
The Flaming Lips always put on a great live show. Lots of sensory overload.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
The Word is dropping a new album in early May. Their 2007 show at the Webster in Harford was legendary (1 of only 4 shows in that tour). A few years later I was lucky enough to win an auction on Jam Cruise for a signed poster from the show for $75. Best value memorabilia purchase ever. Hopefully they will tour in support and not forget their fans in CT

Reaction Score
I agree. I was at the 12/29/18 show and the Tab College st. Seeing Tab again in may, and seeing pigeons with Goose at the Cap in April i think. 2 nights. Between 18 and 19 plus Mexico, ive seen 41 Phish shows...saw 4 Ghost of the Forest, 2 Trey solos at Carnegie, MGB, and a ton more... Im gd broke now... lol
Love it!! I have seen Phish 20 times exactly...TAB 6 times....also seen moe. 5 times.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Correct. Kras stopped touring with them years ago, but he’ll sit in from time to time, he’s still real close with those guys. Lettuce is my favorite live band going right now, they’re on fire.

The dusters are awesome too, my favorite blue grass group going. Anyone looking to get into a blue grass band that aren’t huge blue grass fans, they’re a good place to start.

Marcus king band, the fritz, caamp, sunsquabi, and dumpstaphunk are some other bands I’ve seen lately and liking these days.

Love me some Lettuce. Recently saw them with the Delvon Lamar Organ Trio absolutely slaying it as the opening act.

Supposed to be seeing Snarky Puppy in Barcelona in a couple weeks if the whole world isn’t sick by then.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My wife is a concert junkie. Grew up with a dad in the record business and so went to every show for free, usually with backstage passes. So we go to a lot of big venue shows.

For this list, thinking about small venue acts, I’d include:
  • Cheap Trick. Always good live.
  • Gary Clark Jr. saw him once. Impressed.
  • Pat Benetar and Neil Girardo
  • Chris Isaak

Reaction Score
The Oh Sees. They are one of the best bands playing now

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Lettuce and Big Sam have been mailing in the same boring shows for 10 years.
Snarky Puppy brings it. Grateful Shread is lighting it up now. They don't leave New Orleans often but check out Iceman Special if they're anywhere

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Word is dropping a new album in early May. Their 2007 show at the Webster in Harford was legendary (1 of only 4 shows in that tour).
I was there!
Only after I bought tickets I read what The Word was. Luckily, no vocals!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Pearl Jam tour postponed.. damn
Already told my friend to let me know when they reschedule.

1) I now have a $300 Southwest credit (but will probably be used for a trip to MN for my nephew's graduation).
2) I was really looking forward to the show.

On the other hand, I will have more time to absorb Gigaton.

Reaction Score
Already told my friend to let me know when they reschedule.

1) I now have a $300 Southwest credit (but will probably be used for a trip to MN for my nephew's graduation).
2) I was really looking forward to the show.

On the other hand, I will have more time to absorb Gigaton.

are they reimbursing air travel by giving you a credit or your money back?

And yeah that really sucks. I didnt have tickets but was thinking about grabbing them last second.

Reaction Score
I will 2nd Goose and another good CT band - Eggy. CT is having a lot of action in jam band scene of late.

I see a ton of shows and have seen close to 2oo Phish shows. They are always my go to but others I enjoy;

Joe Russo's Almost Dead
.moe
Twiddle
Pink Talking Fish
Neighbor (killer new band coming out of Boston/Somerville)
TAB
Aqueous
Spafford

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
are they reimbursing air travel by giving you a credit or your money back?

And yeah that really sucks. I didnt have tickets but was thinking about grabbing them last second.

I looked breifly yesterday. Wanna-get-away fares are non-refundable, but Southwest offers $0 cancelation and I can use it as a credit within a year.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Good news, @Hans Sprungfeld :

My initial impetus to post in this thread was to somewhat say that I don't really go out to listen to big names any more.

Then, I got alerted to Los Lobos and The Mavericks.

Now, I've got Rhythm & Roots headlined by Hiatt, Rhiannon Giddens, and Richard Thompson. Good news indeed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom