Best Live Bands Right Now | The Boneyard

Best Live Bands Right Now

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Have enjoyed seeing Tedeschi Trucks Band the last few summers. Before that used to love to see Dave Matthews Band and as always Phish. Does anyone have any recommendations for good touring acts at the current moment?

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Incubus will be at xfinity this summer with 311, also Disturbed with Stained. Both will be in August, the wife & I will be going to both. Disturbed puts on a great show

Reaction Score
Incubus will be at xfinity this summer with 311, also Disturbed with Stained. Both will be in August, the wife & I will be going to both. Disturbed puts on a great show
Love Disturbed's cover of Sound of Silence.

Reaction Score
Mine are mostly European - Avantasua, Nightwish, Amorphis and others. I've seen Dimmu Borgir not crazy about some of their music but put on a helluva show. Rage is also awesome as they perform with a string orchestra.

Reaction Score
The Mavericks. For 30 years....this 9 piece mixes tex mex, cuban, rockabilly, 60s soul, country and rock into their 2 1/2 hour shows.... and Raul Malo has one of the greatest voices in music, compared often to Roy Orbison....

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The Mavericks. For 30 years....this 8 piece mixes tex mex, rockabilly, 60s soul, country and rock into their 2 1/2 hour shows.... and Raul Malo has one of the greatest voices, compares often to Roy Orbison....

In sort of that same vein, Lyle Lovett. But with his Large Band. A tighter group of musicians would be hard to find. And he's pretty funny to boot.

i've seen a number of good shows, but no great live band since Black 47 retired. Maybe Slim Cessna qualifies. Weirdly entertaining.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If you all ever get a chance to see Robert Randolph and the Family Band you will not regret it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, Goose, Umphrey McGee, Billy Strings, Cheese String Incident,
Taz Niederauer (16 yo guitarist you have to see), Lettuce, Joe Russos Almost Dead, Stick Figure
For us old timers - Dead and Co, Phish and Trey Anastasio Band

Reaction Score
We don't get out a lot to see bands, but when we do we're almost always disappointed these days. The Who, saw X at a local club this summer (beyond disappointed), several others I'm not going to name. I always try to see older bands who've reunited but it ends up sounding bad. Saw the Buzzcocks a decade ago and it was the worst.

So, given my history, I say: go see Roger Waters, he is fantastic. I don't think Mission of Burma is touring anymore, but if they are, go see them. They were better than I remembered when they were younger. & of bands from 2000 on, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs put on a fantastic show. I saw Les Savy Fav in Toronto a few years ago, and they were great. Walked by Iggy Pop doing his thing in an intersection in the middle of the block as I went to Les Savy Fav, and man he sounded like a cat screeching.

Roger Waters is still touring. I would recommend him.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Going to see Pearl Jam at the beginning of April. They are releasing a new album on March 27, which means I have about a week to fully absorb it before the show.

I saw them in 2003 (Show #1 of "The Boston Experiment") and 2006 in Hartford in support of Pearl Jam (1/2 Avocado Album). They were phenomenal back then and I expect more of the same, particularly since they are putting out new material.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom