Best golf course in each state | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best golf course in each state

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I'm thinking maybe Shenny is not on your list. The time to play is just before the CSGA Senior Open, which they play there a lot, they let the fescue rise up to two-three feet and gives the course a great look and feel.
The opposite. I think that Shenny is one of the best, and that Rockledge is not one of the best.

Reaction Score
Played all the New England tracks listed except Kebo in Maine. Dont agree with any of them although all are ok.

Pawleys Plantation is a real nice track in the Myrtle area but it falls short to Caledonia just on the strand alone. Baywood Greens in the Delaware/Ocean City area also a nice track but in that area falls short to Man O’War and Bayside Resort. Tobacco Road in NC is special although beyond difficult. There is a beauty to its beast, a love hate course.

Reaction Score
I played. many of AZ golf course
and had friends tell me about or read about others but I never heard of or paid attention to Wickenburg Golf course.
That’s in the middle of nowhere so it’s not surprising.
From my friends who played a lot of courses . We -Ka- Pa
Seems to be consensus number 1 public I never got to play it
My favorite were Troon North Monument Scottsdale
*Dinosaur ( gold Canyon)
Sedona Golf Resort ( elevation change is extreme)
*Superstition mountain Gold Canyon
Upper course
Wild Horse Pass ( Pima Res )
Posten Butte ( Florence)

* I believe these are now private
Wickenburg is actually a great course but, I would agree that it's not really a destination course for people coming to the Valley.

Gold Canyon is open to public and I would recommend the Dinosaur to anyone wanting to experience a true "desert" course. Being built on and around Dinosaur Mountain it provides some very cool elevation changes and I've never heard anyone say they didn't like the course.

The 2 courses at Wild Horse Pass used to host an event on what is now Korn Ferry tour. Courses are fun to play but condition has started to wane in last few years. If you are going to drive down to Wild Horse Pass drive a little further and play Southern Dunes. Much better course and always in great condition plus it's a Fred Couples design which makes it cool.

Finally, any golf trip to the Valley should include the TPC Scottsdale. First off, it's a fun track to play and condition is always great (except when the greens have been punched). Plus, now with many of the structures for the Waste Management being permanent you get to see just how "big" the event is

Reaction Score
The opposite. I think that Shenny is one of the best, and that Rockledge is not one of the best.
I think I should go back and play Shenny. I used to wander over when stationed at the Sub Base in the early 70s. My first birdies. Haven't played it since the reconstruction and am anxious to see the changes.

Reaction Score
Wickenburg is actually a great course but, I would agree that it's not really a destination course for people coming to the Valley.

Gold Canyon is open to public and I would recommend the Dinosaur to anyone wanting to experience a true "desert" course. Being built on and around Dinosaur Mountain it provides some very cool elevation changes and I've never heard anyone say they didn't like the course.

The 2 courses at Wild Horse Pass used to host an event on what is now Korn Ferry tour. Courses are fun to play but condition has started to wane in last few years. If you are going to drive down to Wild Horse Pass drive a little further and play Southern Dunes. Much better course and always in great condition plus it's a Fred Couples design which makes it cool.

Finally, any golf trip to the Valley should include the TPC Scottsdale. First off, it's a fun track to play and condition is always great (except when the greens have been punched). Plus, now with many of the structures for the Waste Management being permanent you get to see just how "big" the event is
You’re the first one to tell me you liked the TPC course. I’ve heard good things about Southern Dunes
I played Dinosaur for 25 bucks and with the Wild life and the scenery it was almost worth that to ride around it.
Did you ever play Poston Butte ?
It was my home for 6-7 years as I transitioned into retirement.
Gary Panks designed it with more traps and bunkers than usual ., plus the 17th is an island green .But it a pretty open layout and doesn’t have the elevation changes you see in some courses. It was always well maintained by Troon .
Sadly since I moved to Maricopa County I haven’t even played my community course . It shorter but still suppose to be decent . This thread gave me the urge to hit some balls yesterday.
Having a Driving Range, Putting Green, and Chipping Green in your community are nice.
Even at my age , Coming off multiple injuries and procedures. I was surprised how well I hit the ball.
Maybe I’ll play before they shutdown for over seeding Sunday. I want to shoot my age. I shot a 74 when I was 69-70 .

Reaction Score
You’re the first one to tell me you liked the TPC course. I’ve heard good things about Southern Dunes
I played Dinosaur for 25 bucks and with the Wild life and the scenery it was almost worth that to ride around it.
Did you ever play Poston Butte ?
It was my home for 6-7 years as I transitioned into retirement.
Gary Panks designed it with more traps and bunkers than usual ., plus the 17th is an island green .But it a pretty open layout and doesn’t have the elevation changes you see in some courses. It was always well maintained by Troon .
Sadly since I moved to Maricopa County I haven’t even played my community course . It shorter but still suppose to be decent . This thread gave me the urge to hit some balls yesterday.
Having a Driving Range, Putting Green, and Chipping Green in your community are nice.
Even at my age , Coming off multiple injuries and procedures. I was surprised how well I hit the ball.
Maybe I’ll play before they shutdown for over seeding Sunday. I want to shoot my age. I shot a 74 when I was 69-70 .
When we first moved here we lived in Gilbert and was a member at Seville. Also a Panks course and I felt Poston Butte was a duplicate including 17th island green.

Since we are at Desert Mountain now just about all my golf is played there. Geronimo is my favorite

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom