OT: - Benedict Foreshadowing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Benedict Foreshadowing

Reaction Score
image.jpeg
It has something to do with the Pope being on campus last night.

Reaction Score
Sadly, I find myself siding with the "if its not about a new (better) conference" I don't get too excited. New and better facilities are good and all but our situation is simply not sustainable in our current conference no matter how wonderful our facilities are. Its great that they are addressing the things that they can impact and it makes sense to try and keep the fan base excited and engaged as much as possible but I have to admit I feel a bit let down. Go ahead and announce the good news but don't tease me like that. I'm far too fragile right now.

Reaction Score
Yeah, AD David Benedict doesn’t quite get the anguish we feel about CR. Its s a deep sadness that’s always there, even though life goes on. The Rent has lost so much noise and energy and half the fans are gone. Basketball games lack the electricity they used to have. Now, the games are sort of like going to Thanksgiving at your Mom’s house 6 months after your dad died. You are still home, you still love it and you are happy to see your mom, but it just isn’t as good as it used to be and there is nothing you can do about it.

Reaction Score
We need a bigger football stadium get into the aac big10 and or the big 12 ,correct?(also need better football)

C

Chief00

We need a bigger football stadium get into the aac big10 and or the big 12 ,correct?(also need better football)
I think he was happy about the stadia support for baseball, soccer etc.

Reaction Score
Did people really read that and think there was a chance he was referring to conference realignment?

Probably not, rather saying that that kind of buildup should be reserved for a new conference announcement.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If anyone paid any attention to UConn athletics as a whole, they knew exactly what AD Dave was hinting at on Twitter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Did people really read that and think there was a chance he was referring to conference realignment?
11fcb66db6dc2e50798a4c04d6b92e529f0d2b2be7a3de577c503dbfa0800da7.jpg

...but hope is all that I have left.

Love you AD Dave but we've been conditioned by "car wash guy" in the non key tweets thread to believe that the phrase "Big news" can only mean one thing. Please adjust your tweeting accordingly.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Are you joking? You think the athletic director of the University of Connecticut doesn't get how badly we want to not be in a conference? You all have such low opinions about everyone involved in UConn athletics.

That’s cute. If you haven’t bleed blue your whole life, you can’t possibly understand. He gets that we want to be in the P5, but he didn’t give a crap about UConn two years ago. For those of us that have experienced UConn at its best, this is painful because of the love we have for it. He doesn’t have that love. It’s his job. He’s a great AD, but UConn isn’t his life. Put it this way, his comment about the Auburn AD job was, “no comment”. If I were him, I’d say, “I am not interested because I bleed blue and this is where I am working for as long as they’ll have me”. It’s not his fault, he just isn’t one of us at this point. You can’t truly understand exactly how other people are feeling.

Reaction Score
They can in capacity as students but not team practices or official skill workouts.
If they need to use the rec they can book the rec. Volleyball played all their home games in there this year and has practiced in there periodically for at least the last 6 years.

C

Chief00

If they need to use the rec they can book the rec. Volleyball played all their home games in there this year and has practiced in there periodically for at least the last 6 years.

The funding that built Guyer is different than the funding on the new rec center (bonds funded by a student fee revenue stream).

Last edited by a moderator:

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Just for future reference, if we do ever get an invite to a P5 conference you are going to first hear about it from a national writer with great contacts. Not from an AD’s tweets.

Chief will have it first, I'm sure.

Regardless, he will tell you he broke the news....

Reaction Score
Sorry but not sorry, I have to be blunt. Say something positive occurring with the ACC or B10 or I do not care and I can not imagine how it would be big news if it does not deal with those two.

I have all the patience in the world in regards to Uconn bball, except for the conference.

Very important to let everyone know you're gonna be blunt and reveal you're a child who can only fixate on one thing (which will likely take a long time to happen if it ever does).

Reaction Score
Probably not, rather saying that that kind of buildup should be reserved for a new conference announcement.

As though the man's job is purely about lobbying to get us into a better athletic conference. Are you people adults who work jobs? I don't know how people like that get through the days or get through normal family problems without melting down when they don't win the powerball jackpot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom